elaina

Any suggestions re: we received ltr of rej. back

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

This posting is further to my HELP request yesterday: We received the letter today which is as follows:

1. Received Notice of Action Form I-797C

2. It says "your I-129F, fees and supporting documentation is being returned for the following reason:"

A signature is not contained in the signature block. (I signed the wrong block meant for a 3rd party preparer.

3. They sent my check back but with a Bank of America stamp. (It does not show up as check being cashed on my bank account.

4. All the materials have been scanned ( numbers on side of applications with some initials)

5. All pictues/envelopes/passport pictures are in a new bag stapled to packet.

Do we re-submit the whole package as it was sent back to me or a whole new packet?

Do I make a copy of the Notice of Action and include that in the packet

The Intro letter has been discarded...do we need a new one (cover letter)

FYI..All tabs have been taken off.

The fastener was discarded and replaced with a single staple...

ALSO they sent Eric's check back with a stamped "DEPOSIT" on the back...it was not deposited..so do we send that back too, OR a new check?

Any ideas? Their instructions were really NOT CLEAR......only the 'sign here' portion gave us CLEAR 'to do' ... We are ASSUMING that he is to sign the same I-129f they sent back, and not a new one.

Elaina and Eric...........HOPING this will DO IT whew,,,,,,,,,,,

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

If it were me, I would just sign it and send everything back as-is.

Yes, we were thinking the same thing............ still wondering though about the check, I say 'send back'...Eric's not sure.... hmmmm

Yes, we were thinking the same thing............ still wondering though about the check, I say 'send back'...Eric's not sure.... hmmmm

I'd take it to your bank and see what they suggest

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I would suggest just print the page where you had signed in the wrong place, sign it correctly this time, and add a cover sheet and a new check and other supporting documents. I don't think you will need to send the I-797C if there is no reference number or receipt number. Good luck!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

When we originally filed our petition, my fiance forgot to include the actual I-129F form. They sent everything back with the letter of explanation. Our papers were stapled and scanned, too. All he did was print and sign an I-129F and stick it in a new envelope with a new cheque but all the old papers (with the numbers on the side). They accepted that just fine. He didn't include the letter from USCIS, either.

Edited by JlovesA

Met: December 2009

Married: April 2015

Received CR-1 visa: February 2017

POE (as IR-1): April 2017

Oath ceremony: November 2020

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.