Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Moving to a military base before AOS complete

1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines

My fiancee will arrive on a K-1 Visa in October and we will be married the same month. We were planning on beginning the AOS process by November when we have all the necessary certificates, etc.

I have a job offer on an overseas US military base as a civilian contractor. The position allows me to bring my wife and kids (no kids yet). I have spoken to someone on the base who says there are workers there who have spouses with them who are not US citizens.

My question is this: would my wife need to complete AOS in the USA before travelling to join me at an overseas military installation or could we move during the process? Has anyone had similar experiences? I am not a member of the US military.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...