sorchaine

Question about Vaccinations - K1

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

My fiancé just completed his medical exam yesterday and I'm a bit confused. I've been trying to read up and figure out what we will need when it comes time to do the AOS and after looking at his DS-3025, I'm not sure about a few things.

It says that he has completed the Tdap and MR vaccines in the series, yet he has only had 1 of each. Am I right in thinking that he'll need at least 1 more of each? Also the MR vaccine, I thought he was required to have the MMR one, or does it not matter. According to the DS-3025, he had the Measles-Rubella vaccine, without the one for Mumps.

Also, if he requires more vaccines is he able to get those done there in Brazil before he comes here and have them added onto this sheet or a new revised sheet made? Or will he just have to submit his regular vaccine card along with this to the civil surgeon here in the US for the AOS form.

Vaccination%20Documentation%20Worksheet%5B3%5D.jpg?imgmax=800

Thanks for any help!

post-83623-098501400 1282136222_thumb.jpg

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

From the form you posted it seems he only needs the varicella shots now. If he's still in Brasil when it's time for the second and third shots he can have them done there, as long as he gets documentation that he did take them (his vaccination card), so once he's in the US he can take that to the civil surgeon who'll update his form when transcribing his record for the AOS.

When I did mine I had quite a few incompletes 'cus my mom was a doctor and gave my shots herself and forgot to update my records so I took a lot of shots before leaving, and had at least 5 doses still to go when I did my medical. I took some before I left the country and the rest after I arrived here and was able to present the records to get an updated form for my AOS without any problems.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.