aussiewench

LAND DOWNUNDER

4,678 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline
I have been lurking around VJ for a couple of weeks and officially introduced myself in the intro section last week but only found the Aussie thread now :) This seems to be the best place to be! Though I doubt if I can read through all 114 pages right now just to catch up on everybody's situtation, though I'm sure it'll become evident very soon as we all go through "the journey".

Oh I was going to say Patricia, I know a way to make the pages turn into only 43...don't I Lyndel and Kath.. ;):P:whistle:

Welcome Mel :)

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
Oh I was going to say Patricia, I know a way to make the pages turn into only 43...don't I Lyndel and Kath.. ;):P:whistle:

Welcome Mel :)

hahah.. Mine's only at 43 pages too ;)

I posted my story of how Corey and I met a few pages back. :D

We're also onliners hehe.

My story's a bit long haha. But we did meet online randomly cause he saw me on his brother's list and added me to his and started talking to me out of nowhere!! I tell myself it was fate :) And that was back in 2002! So it's been like 5 years.

And I'm really hungry at the moment. lol I just ate a sandwich as well..

My timeline:

02 - 09 - 2007 - Sending off of my I-129F package

02 - 13 - 2007 - NOA1 Received

02 - 21 - 2007 - Touched!

03 - 01 - 2007 - NOA2 Received

03 - 02 - 2007 - Touched Again!

03 - 06 - 2007 - NVC Received

03 - 07 - 2007 - Was told by email I-129F will be forwarded to Sydney

03 - 08 - 2007 - I-129F picked up by DHL and on it's way to Sydney!!

03 - 12 - 2007 - Sydney Consulate received packet! From DHL: 1:48 pm Shipment delivered WOOT

03 - 19 - 2007 - Packet Three is sent off!

03 - 20 - 2007 - Corey goes to get his fingerprints/police check completed. Now we wait for the investigation and then I can be assured he's not a criminal =]

03 - 21 - 2007 - Corey gets Pkt 3 via Registered Mail

03 - 22 - 2007 - Sent Corey a copy of all the documents and the notarized I-134.. hopefully everything arrives safely!

04 - 17 - 2007 - Corey's Medical Examination.. Let's hope everything goes great!

05 - 01 - 2007 - Corey's Medical Rescheduled to this date because doctor was away!

05 - 04 - 2007 - Corey's Initial Interview date! (We only had ONE week's notice!)

05 - 30 - 2007 - Corey's Rescheduled Interview date because there was no time for the initial one

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi Serendipity,

I see you have a few questions about the checklist for the interview and packet 3 etc...I knw Kath told you to check out my posts..but pls PM me if you need any further help..I knw how overwhelming and daunting it can be!:)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
Hey Patricia and welcome :) I think Paul is from Adelaide too..he goes for his interview soon.. I'm curious: is your fiance doing his Masters here? J's university back in Arizona (ASU) won't let him transfer all Honour studies here so we have to go back for that..! I think you should definitely try to do DCF under special circumstances as he has been here that long and hasn't come here specially to do it which I think they are trying to prevent as they don't have the facilities to cope with it yet, if ever.

Zach is going to be doing his PhD (he has somehow bypassed having to do the Masters component) at Missouri University (in Columbia, MO) and as far as he knows, everything's all lined up. He just basically has to officially accept it - which he has to do by April 15th. I spoke to him this morning and he said he's 80% sure he'll go for it (unless Flinders University here in Adelaide can match the offer or better it).

We would absolutely LOVE to go for DCF and will try every avenue we can to make sure we get it. I told him we'd go as far as get our MPs or equivalent to support our case. He did contact the Sydney Consulate on Saturday & they got back to him today. He has sent a second email explaining that he had lived in Adelaide for three & a half years and only went back to Missouri for visits during that time. Plus he worked while he was studying, had phone bills associating him as a resident, had a car registration, etc, etc so we're hoping that will be enough proof. But, we are also realistic about things.

Hi Mel :) A fellow Adelaidian! And yes, we're keeping the option of marrying much quicker than planned if the DCF route falls through. Zach comes back to visit me in June and vows not to leave until he takes me home with him (whether that will happen is up to both Aussie & US Governments, really). He has to be back in the US by mid-January to start his studies so that's the timeframe we're working with (a really short one! :) ) Decisions have to be made along the way and I realise that in these type of situations one must have a Plan A, a Plan B & also a Plan C. Oh, what fun! :wacko:

swagbucks-173x63.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
Hey how are old are you Jltan? There were instructions that came with the packet but I can't tell you too much detail about them, because I'm not the one that's actually in possession of them. I wish I was though, I'm such a control freak haha!

I am 26 Serendipitous. I think your age determines the type of vaccinations you need right? I think i read that somewhere the other day!!

15/02/07: Sent in I-129F form

21/02/07: NOA1 received

24/02/07: Touched

14/03/07: Touched

15/03/07: Touched

20/03/07: NOA2 received - Approval Email

21/03/07: Touched

23/03/07: NOA2 received via snail mail

Filed: Timeline
Hi everyone

I have been lurking around VJ for a couple of weeks and officially introduced myself in the intro section last week but only found the Aussie thread now :) This seems to be the best place to be! Though I doubt if I can read through all 114 pages right now just to catch up on everybody's situtation, though I'm sure it'll become evident very soon as we all go through "the journey".

Before anything, I guess an intro of the situation that my American fiance & I are currently facing: we met back in 2003 at University. He was doing his first year in Honours in Nanotechnology and I was doing my first year of my Masters. Since 2003 he has spent of his time here in Adelaide with me only going home during his summer holidays from Uni (Christmas time) or when having to attend his best friend's wedding. In the nearly 4 years we've been together I am very ashamed to say that I haven't been to the US (Missouri, to be exact). It just worked out that his parents would always come down every year and work wasn't really keen on letting me go for an extended period so taking a holiday to the US never came about.

Now it's March 2007 and we're now taking the steps for me to move from little ol' Adelaide to Missouri (Columbia, MO to be exact) as soon as the US Government can allow me to :) I have to admit that I never would have realised the whole DCF process if it wasn't for VJ only to realise that even though Zach had been living (as an International Student) here in Adelaide for 3 1/2 years, we wouldn't be able to take this route. This is crushing since DCF seems to be the quickest method of petitioning somebody.

As for our immediate future, he's currently back in Missouri (since his student visa has expired) and will be back here in June 1 (our 4 Year Annivesary, how appropriate) and I guess we start planning our wedding so that we can speed things up. At the earliest we're looking at a November/December wedding as he needs to be back in Missouri to start his PhD by mid-January 2008. Originally we were looking at a November 2008 wedding but we figured that the quicker we make our union "official" in the eyes of the Govt, the quicker we can start our permanent future together. It might sound like it's taking the romance out of the wedding, but we don't necessarily look at it that way.

Hmm...this has become somewhat of an essay. Sorry! I guess now we've got to either just face the fact that we can't go for a DCF or try to either a) convince the Consulate that "we're a special circumstance" or B) have Zach move here as a "resident" (as classified by the US Govt) from June-Dec (that's 6 months!) and then we can go for DCF. Or am I kidding myself?

Alright, enough from me. It's just good to talk about these type of things with people who have/or are going through this at the same time. It is definitely comforting to know that I am not alone and that others have gone through the journey and the end result of this whole thing is one of eternal happiness. I know this is all worth it.

Yay another Adelaidian :dance:

Welcome to VJ Patriciaofoz..

I'm in Adelaide and my Wifee "NorthernGirl / Cheryl is in Massachusetts.

I have my interview in at the USA Consulate in Sydney,

on Friday the 13th April @10.00am.

I am near Glenelg, and loving the little bit of rain we got last night.

Wishing you and your Fiance a speedy Visa Journey to you both.

Cheers

Paul :thumbs:

"To love someone deeply gives you strength.

Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage." ~ Lao Tzu

Anyone needing the list for the Consulate, (mine is cr1)

supplied by Elle :thumbs: thanks Elle.

spacer.gif

I hope it helps anyone else needing it.

also below the list is a few pdf's that may be of assistance :thumbs:

Paul - this is what the Consulate sent me (I had an IR1 interview):

1. One photograph
  2. Valid passport
  3. Visa Screen Cert - for healthcare workers - prolly N/A for you
  4. Original Birth Cert and one photocopy (I had mine certified, went to the local police station and asked -- thanks for the tip on that 1 Lyndel!)
  5. For minor childre - court order verification sole custody to immigrating parent...Im guessing N/A for you too?
  6. Original Adoption decree or evidence of name change when applicaple, original and one photocopy
  7. Original Divorce Cert and one photocopy
  8. Original Marriage Cert and one photocopy
  9. Original Police Cert and one photopcy
  10. Original Court Records if applicaple and one photocopy of each
  11. Original Military Record if applicable and one photocopy of each
  12. Evidece of financial support - I-864

It didnt state where the medical was to go, so I just put mine at the end and had no problem with it. I gave them the original, I made copies for myself and one to hand in just in case. They did keep the original though.

(it was that booklet you gave to the doc).

Vaccination Requirements

In general, applicants for immigrant visas are required to have all of the following vaccinations:

• Mumps
  • Measles
  • Rubella
  • Polio
  • Tetanus and diphtheria toxoids
  • Pertussis
  • Influenza type B
  • Hepatitis B
  • Varicella
  • Pneumococcal

Bring your vaccination records to the immigrant visa medical examination, if you have them. The <A href="http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/glossary/glossary_1363.html#p">panel physician decides which vaccinations you will need, appropriate to your age, medical condition and medical history.

Dear Visa Applicant,

Medical Examination Procedures ‑ American Visa

** PLEASE READ THIS **

The Consular requirements can seem complicated, but if you follow these instructions exactly, the procedures will be easy. LEAVE YOURSELF PLENTY OF TIME!

STEP ONE:

Make sure you have:

• Your current PASSPORT

• Three (3) PASSPORT-SIZE PHOTOS

• Your MEDICAL EXAMINATION INSTRUCTION LETTER, which you have received from the American Consulate. Fill in the applicant details under “Section I: Applicant to complete this section.” Do not mark the questionnaire sections.

STEP TWO:

Ring Joan on 8267 5600 (Mon to Wed 9 am to 4.30 pm) to arrange a time to bring all the above items to the following office address:

Dr David Miller

183 Tynte Street, North Adelaide (see map) – 1st floor, suite 8

Appointments (08) 8267 5600 (phone Joan, Mon to Wed 9 am to 4.30 pm)

You will there be given request forms for a chest x‑ray and blood test. If you are over the age of 14 you must undergo a chest x-ray and a blood test for HIV and syphilis. The results of these tests are later forwarded to Dr Miller for review on the day of your physical examination. Be aware that they take up to a week to be received by Dr Miller.

STEP THREE:

Book and have your chest x-ray at the same address. Appointments (8367 4100) are required.

Dr Jones

183 Tynte Street, North Adelaide (same building as Dr Miller) – ground floor X-ray Department.

Appointments (08) 8367 4100

Fee is $60.50 each inc. GST. Provided you book, waiting time is minimal.

STEP FOUR:

Have your blood test. No appointment is needed. Just go with your request form and Medicare card during working hours (to check open times you can ring (08) 8222 3000) to:

¨

I.M.V.S. Laboratory

Corner of Walter and Archer Streets, North Adelaide (see map)

If you bring your Medicare card no fee will be charged. Otherwise there will be a fee. Other laboratories can do the tests instead if you prefer, but they will charge a fee.

STEP FIVE:

Read the immunisation schedule provided. You must have certain immunisations - depending on your age - done or renewed, unless you bring written evidence of past immunisation with your documents. If you believe you are immune but don’t have written evidence, you may in some instances be able to have a specific blood test to prove immunity instead. You will have to pick up a special lab. Request from Joan in that case.

Generally if you are aged 18 to 64 you will only need MMR, Td and Varicella vaccines, but do study the full schedule.

Make an appointment for immunisation with:

Dr B J Gilbert

182 Ward Street, North Adelaide

Appointments (08) 8267 3544

There will be a fee.

Dr Gilbert will give you a letter of verification,

which you must put with your documents.

If you prefer, your own doctor can do the immunisations.

You must then get a letter of verification from that doctor.

STEP SIX:

Make an appointment for the medical examination with:

Dr David Miller

Appointments (08) 8267 5600 (phone Joan, Mon to Wed 9 am to 4.30 pm)

183 Tynte Street, North Adelaide – 1st floor, suite 8

No other doctor in S.A. is authorised to perform this examination. Generally an appointment will be available within two to three weeks.

STEP SEVEN:

Keep the appointment. Bring your PASSPORT and all documents. You must bring cash to pay the standard fee for the consultation, as follows:

$140 + $14 GST = $154.00 total (one adult)

$105 + $10.50 GST = $115.50 total (each additional person aged 15 and over in family)

$70 + $7 GST = $77.00 total (each child under 15 years)

FEES MUST BE PAID AT THE TIME OF THE EXAMINATION IN CASH ONLY;

STRICTLY NO CREDIT CARDS, EFTPOS OR CHEQUES.

Breathe a sigh of relief. That’s all.

National Police Certificate

A National Police Certificate (NPC), often referred to as a 'police check', provides a national summary of an individual's offender history. It is generally requested by organisations as one part of their process to ensure the integrity of their staff or volunteers.

National Police Certificate Application forms can be downloaded or copies are available from your local police station. Fees and charges apply.

National Police Certificate application form docpdf.gif PDF (32kb)

For more details about NPCs and how to apply, refer to the NPC frequently asked questions or contact the Records Release Unit.

Phone: 08 8204 2455

Fax: 08 8204 2307

email: SAPOL.records@police.sa.gov.au

Records Release Unit, South Australia Police

GPO Box 1539

ADELAIDE SA 5001

http://www.sapolice.sa.gov.au/sapol/servic...certificate.jsp

I hope this helps anyone that needs this information.

with the NATIONALPOLICE CLEARANCE & FINGERPRINTS,

FOR ANYONE IN ADELAIDE NEEDING IT,

THE ELIZABETH POLICE STATION DOES THE BEST SERVICE.

DOWNLOAD THE PDF FILL IT OUT AND TAKE $144.00,

WITH YOU THEY PREFER CASH,

AS NO ATM IN THE LOBBY LOL.

TAKES ABOUT 5 -15 WORKING DAYS.

YOU CAN NOMINATE A POLICE STATION CLOSER TO YOU,

TO PICK IT UP FROM TO MAK IT EASIER.

JUST LET THEM KNOW WHEN FILLING IN THE PAPERWORK.

REMEMBER TO STATE BOTH VRBALLY AS WELL AS ,

ON THE APPLICATION FORM THAT YOU DO WANT,

THE FINGERPRINTS ATTACHED TO THE NPC.

AND THAT IT IS FOR A VISA APPLICATION.

CHEERS

PAUL

application_for_cert.pdf

national_polic.pdf

Any Aussies like to try this Recipe yummo :energetic: :pop:

Lamington sponge cake

Serving size: Serves 10 or more

Cooking time: Less than 60 minutes

INGREDIENTS

4 eggs

¾ cup caster sugar

1 cup self-raising flour

1 tablespoon cornflour

1/3 cup boiling water

10g butter

300ml carton cream, whipped

ICING

4 cups icing-sugar mixture

½ cup cocoa powder, sifted

2/3 cup milk

20g butter, melted

2 cups desiccated coconut

METHOD

1. Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C. Lightly grease 2 x 23cm sandwich pans.

Line base with baking paper.

Dust sides of pans with a little flour, shaking out excess.

2. In a large bowl, beat eggs with an electric mixer until frothy.

Gradually add sugar and beat until thick and pale and mixture holds its shape

(this can take up to 10 minutes).

3. Sift flour and cornflour together.

Combine water and butter in a jug.

Fold flour lightly into egg mixture,

a little at a time, followed by water mixture.

4. Pour mixture evenly into prepared pans.

Bake for 15-20 minutes until sponge springs back when touched lightly.

Loosen edges with a butter knife.

Cover a wire rack with a tea towel,

then turn out cakes.

Cool completely.

5. ICING.

Sift icing sugar and cocoa together into a large heatproof bowl.

Stir in milk and butter. Mix until smooth.

6. Place over a saucepan of gently simmering water and heat gently,

stirring, until icing sugar dissolves and mixture is of coating consistency.

7. Spread icing all over cakes. Drain off excess.

Coat in coconut. Place on a wire rack and leave to set.

8. Sandwich cakes together with half the cream.

Serve in wedges with remaining cream. Serve with strawberries, if liked.

:dancing:

Enjoy

Paul :ot2:

Edited by hampster

first off welcome to the two new members of the thread mel and james and patricia...hope your journey's are fast and your not apart from your loved ones too long...great to see some new faces join us ... just jump right in an ask any questions ....

hammy you missed another adelaide person mel and james are too lol ...good on ya for posting that list gj...geez i havent had a lamington in ages ...might have to convert that to yanky ingredients lol

seren your most welcome mate ..i think your fiance will do fine with the paper work ... a scanner helped us emensley in our form filling days...where would we be without the internet lol...well i know i wouldnt of met robbie thats for sure lol...

hey pris...we wont go there again now will we hehehehe that was a funny day lol and by the way im up to page 43 lol...how did j take the news after reading the email about DCF mate...hope he wasnt too disappointed...did he do any other enquiries about it..

i go for my orientation for the volunteer thing at the hospital on the 10th april...looking forward to it...

lyndel how you doing hope your recovering nicely mate still on liquids an mushy food ...

am i the oldest in here at the moment...lol...46 here..gawd that sounds old as i typed it lol

take care you lot

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

Timeline
Hi everyone

Before anything, I guess an intro of the situation that my American fiance & I are currently facing: we met back in 2003 at University. He was doing his first year in Honours in Nanotechnology and I was doing my first year of my Masters. Since 2003 he has spent of his time here in Adelaide with me only going home during his summer holidays from Uni (Christmas time) or when having to attend his best friend's wedding. In the nearly 4 years we've been together I am very ashamed to say that I haven't been to the US (Missouri, to be exact). It just worked out that his parents would always come down every year and work wasn't really keen on letting me go for an extended period so taking a holiday to the US never came about.

Now it's March 2007 and we're now taking the steps for me to move from little ol' Adelaide to Missouri (Columbia, MO to be exact) as soon as the US Government can allow me to :) I have to admit that I never would have realised the whole DCF process if it wasn't for VJ only to realise that even though Zach had been living (as an International Student) here in Adelaide for 3 1/2 years, we wouldn't be able to take this route. This is crushing since DCF seems to be the quickest method of petitioning somebody.

As for our immediate future, he's currently back in Missouri (since his student visa has expired) and will be back here in June 1 (our 4 Year Annivesary, how appropriate) and I guess we start planning our wedding so that we can speed things up. At the earliest we're looking at a November/December wedding as he needs to be back in Missouri to start his PhD by mid-January 2008. Originally we were looking at a November 2008 wedding but we figured that the quicker we make our union "official" in the eyes of the Govt, the quicker we can start our permanent future together. It might sound like it's taking the romance out of the wedding, but we don't necessarily look at it that way.

Hmm...this has become somewhat of an essay. Sorry! I guess now we've got to either just face the fact that we can't go for a DCF or try to either a) convince the Consulate that "we're a special circumstance" or B) have Zach move here as a "resident" (as classified by the US Govt) from June-Dec (that's 6 months!) and then we can go for DCF. Or am I kidding myself?

Alright, enough from me. It's just good to talk about these type of things with people who have/or are going through this at the same time. It is definitely comforting to know that I am not alone and that others have gone through the journey and the end result of this whole thing is one of eternal happiness. I know this is all worth it.

Hey, my wife is from Adelaide TOO!!!

04 January 2004 : Met Stephanie in Las Vegas.

15 May 2006 : Joined visajourney

16 September 2006: Got married in Las Vegas.

03 October 2006 : Stephanie applies for certificate of name change.

12 October 2006 : Stephanie recieved certificate of name change.

16 October 2006 : Stephanie applies for NPC, recieves a couple weeks later.

29 November 2006 : Arrived in Sydney, stayed in 4Points Sheraton Darling Harbor.

30 November 2006 : DCF. Submitted I-130 Sydney US Consulate "walk-in Thursday". Packet 3 in hand.

11 December 2006 : Final Medical Appointment with Dr Miller and immunizations. Approved.

11 December 2006 : Sent off DS-230 Parts I and II, and DS-2001 overnight priority.

27 December 2006 : Received RFE in the mail, returned RFE same day.

24 January 2007 : New Legislation preventing approvals of I-130s at Consulate.

30 January 2007 : Final Visa Interview in Sydney.

22 February 2007: Sydney called for my wife to send her passport to issue the visa.

04 March 2007: Stephanie flies back to Australia to post her passport.

14 March 2007: Stephanie Recieves passport and visa.

18 March 2007: Stephanie is in Florida. Journey is over.

30 March 2007: Stephanie gets Social Security Card.

02 April 2007: Stephanie gets Green Card.

"what happens in Vegas, doesn't always stay in Vegas" - david

Timeline

My story's a bit long haha. But we did meet online randomly cause he saw me on his brother's list and added me to his and started talking to me out of nowhere!! I tell myself it was fate :) And that was back in 2002! So it's been like 5 years.

That's right, I loved that story..some things are just meant to be...wow, yours has been a while too..all you patient peep, I'm not sure how you do it...when I want something I want it NOW!! Hmm...go another sandwhich, go on... :pop:

Oh no, it's a barrage of Adeladians...us Melbournians better watch out :diablo: ....hehe...

Oh my gawd Paul you are a gem... :star: I will have to translate the Adelaide doctors to our Melbourne one but the order thing is wonderful. I know Kath sent me the link a while ago which I scurried around for yesterday but I couldn't quite find the list of vaccinations.

One question, if you will: is the instructions for the panel physician that 18page book I found on here? Oooh and how long is the medical valid for, can I go and get it done now? :reading:

Oh also, any recipies without cream for a lactose intolerant aussie... :(

No way Kath, me toooooo! :P;) J got my second email which was good so he knew and yeah he will still try..we have to call really early in the morning to catch the office while it's open and J's no good at mornings as he works nights lol.. But will let you know. He did try the USCIS office yesterday and the girl he talked to didn't even know what an NOA was....??? I said call again and get someone else who actually knows what's going on...gawd....how frustrating...and she said we'd be waiting for six months for an NOA2 (approval)..now I'm really hoping she doesn't know what's going on.....lol.. Then when he tried again the office was closed.. :wacko:

hi ya pris

which doc ya going for ya medical...Dr. poppenbeck is cool...its just a general physical mate...and if you are getting your bloody tests done at your local doc dont forget to take along the printed copy of the results for him to enter into the vaccination sheet...you can also get ya HIV and syphilis tests done on medicare too...

medical is valid for 12 months...and with you getting your greencard upon entry you will be right mate..its k3 and k1's that has to change status and calculate the medical and police check...mine actually expires this month....damm where the hell did those 12 months go lol...

good to hear that j is going to still try mate...tell him to say I-797C notice of action (NOA)..makes you wonder when you get an operator like that huh...

Below are the links for the medical..although it is from the Thailand embassey website they are in english and compared to the copies i have here they are the same...took me ages to find them pris way back in feb i posted this one lol...

VACCINATION SHEET ...

MEDICAL SHEET

X-RAY SHEET

talk to ya all soon

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

That's right, I loved that story..some things are just meant to be...wow, yours has been a while too..all you patient peep, I'm not sure how you do it...when I want something I want it NOW!! Hmm...go another sandwhich, go on... :pop:

Oh no, it's a barrage of Adeladians...us Melbournians better watch out :diablo: ....hehe...

Oh my gawd Paul you are a gem... :star: I will have to translate the Adelaide doctors to our Melbourne one but the order thing is wonderful. I know Kath sent me the link a while ago which I scurried around for yesterday but I couldn't quite find the list of vaccinations.

One question, if you will: is the instructions for the panel physician that 18page book I found on here? Oooh and how long is the medical valid for, can I go and get it done now? :reading:

Oh also, any recipies without cream for a lactose intolerant aussie... :(

No way Kath, me toooooo! :P;) J got my second email which was good so he knew and yeah he will still try..we have to call really early in the morning to catch the office while it's open and J's no good at mornings as he works nights lol.. But will let you know. He did try the USCIS office yesterday and the girl he talked to didn't even know what an NOA was....??? I said call again and get someone else who actually knows what's going on...gawd....how frustrating...and she said we'd be waiting for six months for an NOA2 (approval)..now I'm really hoping she doesn't know what's going on.....lol.. Then when he tried again the office was closed.. :wacko:

Lactose intolerant RECIPES

http://esvc001429.wic023u.server-web.com/glutenfree.htm

http://esvc001429.wic023u.server-web.com/recipes.asp

Gluten free hot cross muffins - VICTORIA THROP

Serving size: Serves 10 or more

Cooking time: Less than 60 minutes

INGREDIENTS

300g (1½ cups) gluten free flour mix* or white rice flour

1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder

½ teaspoon bicarb soda

½ teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon mixed spice**

1 teaspoon xanthan gum

50g (¼ cup) sugar

125ml (½ cup) canola oil

2 eggs

1 cup unsweetened apple sauce (baby works well)

½ teaspoon vanilla

2 tablespoons chopped mixed peel

2 tablespoons diced dried apricots or peaches

2 tablespoons currants or sultanas

2 tablespoons diced glace fruit (peach, apple, pear, pineapple)

METHOD

Pre-heat oven to 180°C. 350F.

in a medium mixing bowl combine rice flour mix,

Baking powder, bicarb soda, salt, mixed spice, xanthan gum and sugar.

Add canola oil, eggs, applesauce and vanilla, stirring just until combined.

Lightly fold in peel, currants or sultanas and chopped fruit.

Spoon into 12-hole muffin pan either greased or lined with muffin papers.

Bake for 20-25 minutes or until starting to brown,

And are firm to the touch when pressed. Makes 12

*Gluten Free Flour Mix –

In a container with a lid, combine 2 cups white rice flour,

2/3 cup potato flour and 1/3 cup arrowroot.

This quantity makes 3 cups.

**or use ½ teaspoon cinnamon,

¼ teaspoon nutmeg or mace and 1/8 teaspoon cloves

Notes

Xanthan gum can be purchased from the health food section of selected supermarkets and many health food stores. Xanthan gum stops crumbling in baked goods.

Disposable foil muffin liners work better than paper ones.

Arrowroot can be purchased from any supermarket.

Potato flour can be purchased from the health food section,

Of selected supermarkets and health food stores.

Victoria Throp for Coeliac Awareness week.

50 FABULOUS GLUTEN-FREE RECIPES

http://members.ozemail.com.au/%7Ecoeliac/det.html

INDEX

Joanna's Chicken Casserole

2. Cauliflower Delight

3. Cheese Sauce (without butter)

4. Cheese Sauce (with butter)

5. Brenda's Baked Potatoes

6. Sweet Potato and Corn Casserole

7. Savoury Rice Bake

8. Mango Mint Prawns

9. Salmon and Rice Souffle

10. Cheesy Potato and Ham Casserole

11. Pork with Cherry Almond Sauce

12. Stuffed Capsicums (bell peppers)

13. Asparagus in Crab Sauce

14. Thai-Style Prawn and Noodle Lime Salad

15. Fast Beef Stroganoff

16. Bacon, Potato and Onion Pie

17. Salmon Kedgeree

18. Salmon and Potato Bake

19. Tropical Chicken

20. Rice Tomato Pilaf

21. Potato and Vegetable Wedges

22. Fish with Tangelo Curry Sauce

23. Easy Salmon Fritata

24. Rich, Moist, Scrumptious Fruit Cake

25. Marion's Spicy Sponge

26. Arrowroot Cake

27. Crockpot Pea and Ham Soup

28. Thai-Style Pumpkin, Ginger and Coconut Soup29. Chocolate Macadamia Roll

30. Rum Balls - without rum

31. Rum Balls - the real thing

32. Apricot Balls

33. Coconut and Ginger Slice

34. Fruity Chews

35. Coconut Treats

36. High-Energy Treats

37. Magic Muesli Macaroons

38. Crunchy Caramel Bars

39. Pancakes and Blueberry Sauce

40. Pancakes and Strawberries

41. Strawberry Ginger Cheesecake

42. Kahlua Cheesecake

43. Honeydew Dessert

44. Frozen Sinful Stuff

45. Brenda's Ice Cream

46. Apricot Mousse

47. Mango Mousse

48. Marshmallow Coconut Fruit

49. Papaw Presentation

50. Jelly Fruit Rainbow

51. Creamy Rice Yoghurt

52. Apricot Fudge

53. Nutty Fruity Balls

54. Joanna's Cheese Scones

55. Joanna's Tasty Muffins

Just some recipes I found online for anyone that is lactose intolerant. I hope it helps anyone that needs/ wants these recipes. Cheers Paul :pop:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi all!

I am starting to freak out a bit as my interview date is slowly creeping up on me.....I have my interview on Thurs, 12th April. I have to fly from Perth to Syd..flight cost me nearly 700 bucks! that's half a one-way ticket to the U.S!!! Anyhow, I booked the cheapest flights possible..which is obviously the red-eye..so I arrive at 6am in Sydney..and my interview is at 8am. Any ideas about what I will do with my luggage..?(obviously I will be going straight from the airport to the consulate) Any Sydney people have any suggestions for me? Anyone know how long it will take to get there via taxi/train??

Thanks all!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.