aussiewench

LAND DOWNUNDER

4,678 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi all!

Been so busy lately with making arrangements, packing up and sorting out last minute details. I finished up with work last week, and it feels really weird... I leave in two weeks from tomorrow, so I've decided to start preparing for the AOS ordeal. I'm finding it all a little confusing... Especially this bit (from the site):

The current I-485 instructions mention a "vaccination supplement". Again as a K1 / K2 Visa holder you should have a copy of this from your exam overseas. If not you will need to make an appointment with an USCIS (INS) approved physician in your area to obtain this paperwork and/or additional vaccinations.

...But I don't. The Sydney consulate didn't give my medical exam papers back, and the doctor didn't give me a copy of that form either. All I have is a little Pocket Medical Guide (they provided me with that) with two of the shots he had given to me recorded. The full thing was recorded on the medical exam papers. I'm not exactly sure what to do. Help? :unsure:

Edited by Katz

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hello all - first post here. :) My boyfriend sent our I-129F petition off this Monday 28th April, so now I think we are officially on the way to finally being together.

We met 10 years ago in a chatroom, and have been communicating ever since. I think we've been "together" for roughly 3-5 of those 10 of those years. We met in December 2006, and then again in July 2007, then finally, I flew over to California to spend christmas and new years with him and his family. When I got on the plane to come home, everything inside me said that I was flying in the wrong direction. Since January, we've been working on our petition, and now it's finally on it's way to the CSC.

I live in Rockhampton, in Central Queensland - and if that wasn't depressing enough! - I was feeling so down and so alone in being away from the person I wanted to be closest to. I'm so glad I found this site, it's been invaluable in giving me hope that maybe, someday, it'll be okay, and I won't have to deal with the pain of watching him walk away from me at an airport anymore.

So that's my little story, I'll keep my timeline updated as things (hopefully) progress, and enjoy learning about the progress and successes of all your petitions and applications. Looking forward to getting to know others in the same boat, too. :)

I-129F Petition Sent to CSC: 28th April 2008

I-129F NOA1 Received: 5th May 2008

I-129F Touch: 14th May 2008

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
...But I don't. The Sydney consulate didn't give my medical exam papers back, and the doctor didn't give me a copy of that form either. All I have is a little Pocket Medical Guide (they provided me with that) with two of the shots he had given to me recorded. The full thing was recorded on the medical exam papers. I'm not exactly sure what to do. Help? :unsure:

We just sent off our AOS stuff yesterday. The Vaccination Supplement, as we read it, was the form that you would have been given by your Doctor, filled out and certified/signed by the Dr. which says when and that you have in fact had all the required vaccinations that the US Govt. had asked for. It's just a one sided form. I really hope this is the correct one :D

I photocopied all the medical forms from the Dr. five times over just to be sure. Perhaps to get a copy, contact the Dr. you had your medical with and see if they took a copy for their records. I'm not sure if that's procedure for them, but in case they did then you won't have to re-do your medical again. Otherwise, ask if the AOS folks will take the medical records stating that you got vaccines done.

P.S. Welcome to VJ, MissMellie!

Edited by patriciaofoz
swagbucks-173x63.jpg

Timeline

We just sent off our AOS stuff yesterday. The Vaccination Supplement, as we read it, was the form that you would have been given by your Doctor, filled out and certified/signed by the Dr. which says when and that you have in fact had all the required vaccinations that the US Govt. had asked for. It's just a one sided form. I really hope this is the correct one :D

I photocopied all the medical forms from the Dr. five times over just to be sure. Perhaps to get a copy, contact the Dr. you had your medical with and see if they took a copy for their records. I'm not sure if that's procedure for them, but in case they did then you won't have to re-do your medical again. Otherwise, ask if the AOS folks will take the medical records stating that you got vaccines done.

P.S. Welcome to VJ, MissMellie!

I just rang the doctor's office, and they're sending me out copies of my medical stuff. Thank god! Thank you for the advice. :)

Timeline
I just rang the doctor's office, and they're sending me out copies of my medical stuff. Thank god! Thank you for the advice. :)

That's great!

Well, I just checked the USPS website with our tracking number for our AOS paperwork and according to them, our file has been DELIVERED. Hurrah! Now fingers crossed everything is in order!

For those who have gone through AOS, how do we check if we got "touched"?

swagbucks-173x63.jpg

Well we only lost 1 week and 1 day! USCIS returned our petitions with the incorrect cheques with pretty impressive turnaround time. There were no RFE, so I'm hopeful that we are officially on our way and have everything in order! I am so thankful they didn't lose them. :blink:

Edited by whisper2me

CR-1/IR-1 Journey for Self

12th April 08 - Married in Australia

21st April 08 - Mailed off I-130 but with incorrect title on cheques

30th April 08 - USCIS returned petitions requesting correct title on cheques

2nd May 08 - Mailed out I-130s again! Finally on our way!!!

9th May 08 - NOA-1

7th Nov 08 - Tranferred to CSC

4th Dec 08 - Approved!!!

22nd Dec 08 - NVC # assigned

23rd June 09 - Case Complete at NVC (We slowed down the process on purpose to time interview accordingly)

18th August 09 - Medical

25th August 09 - Interview Date - Approved!!!

19th February 10 - POE L.A (No dramas, just SLOW)

2nd March 10 - Welcome to America Letter

Hello all - first post here. :) My boyfriend sent our I-129F petition off this Monday 28th April, so now I think we are officially on the way to finally being together.

We met 10 years ago in a chatroom, and have been communicating ever since. I think we've been "together" for roughly 3-5 of those 10 of those years. We met in December 2006, and then again in July 2007, then finally, I flew over to California to spend christmas and new years with him and his family. When I got on the plane to come home, everything inside me said that I was flying in the wrong direction. Since January, we've been working on our petition, and now it's finally on it's way to the CSC.

I live in Rockhampton, in Central Queensland - and if that wasn't depressing enough! - I was feeling so down and so alone in being away from the person I wanted to be closest to. I'm so glad I found this site, it's been invaluable in giving me hope that maybe, someday, it'll be okay, and I won't have to deal with the pain of watching him walk away from me at an airport anymore.

So that's my little story, I'll keep my timeline updated as things (hopefully) progress, and enjoy learning about the progress and successes of all your petitions and applications. Looking forward to getting to know others in the same boat, too. :)

Welcome to VJ and best of luck on your journey through the visa process :)

I-129F sent to CSC 27 Aug 2007

NOA1 8 Oct 2007

rcd email re: NOA2 29 Jan 2008

rcd hard copy NOA2 4 Feb 2008

rcd email from NVC (in response to email inquiry -took a week to get an answer) - petition sent to Sydney: 11 Feb 2008

Fiance rcd Packet 3 on 13 Feb 2008

Packet 3 returned to embassy 25 Mar 2008

Fiance rcd email version of Packet 4 on 22 April 2008

Interview scheduled for 6 May 2008

Actual Interview (due to consulate mess up!) 9 May 2008- Visa approved!!

US entry 19 May 2008!

Wedding date 7 Aug 2008

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi All! Quick question about sending in the Adjustment of Status packet...

I don't understand what the VJ guide suggests for the medical report and vaccination supplement form. As a K-1er, should my fiance just send in a copy of the medical report/xray/vaccination report that he got in Sydney, or is there a separate form we need to fill out? OR, does he have to get another medical?

Thanks for all your help!!

My K-1 Timeline!

05-2005 Steve and I met while I was studying abroad in Australia

2005-2007 Visits back and forth

06-29-2007 Proposal!!

07-09-2007 I-129F sent to VSC

07-11-2007 I-129F received by VSC

07-13-2007 NOA1

11-26-2007 NOA2 via USCIS website!!!

11-29-2007 Case sent to Sydney from NVC

11-30-2007 NOA2 hardcopy received

12-04-2007 Case received by consulate in Sydney

12-12-2007 Received Packet 3

01-02-2008 Sent Packet 3

01-15-2008 Received Packet 4

01-30-2008 Interview - approved!!!!!!

02-01-2008 Visa delivered!

02-18-2008 US Entry (JFK)

04-19-2008 WEDDING!!

pAZVm5.png

hey everyone, just wanted to drop in and say hi and give you all a bit of an update...

've applied for the aos and while they are still processing they have approved my request to be able to work which is really good...

also to let you know that i'm almost 3 months pregnant - so thats also good news that has hit us this month and april....

to everyone that is going thru all the visa paperwork in sydney - dont despair, be positive and everything will go perfectly fine .... the american embassy are really nice people and very helpful...

oh and my husband is ordering me pies and sausage rolls lol cause i miss them so much, if only i could get a pavlova mailed over now huh?....

talk soon!!

Timeline

Just wanted to provide a quick packet 3/packet 4 update to any Aussie K1 filers with questions (there is a tiny handful of us out there):

We received packet 3 a couple of weeks ago and mailed it back in immediately with all supporting documents except for the medical records (the police cert was mailed directly to the consulate). I was a bit worried about this since they're requesting all documents prior to the interview now. But we just received our packet 4 instructions and interview date via email. They provide another checklist and mark what is still needed. For us it is: medical records, passport, pay fee at Post before coming to the interview. So in case any of you were wondering. They must have already received the police cert since it wasn't on their final checklist.

And a quick note to herself to see how the interview went today!? I'm sure all went extremely well and am sending congrats way too early. :)

Jennibeni - There have been some discussions regarding the issue in the AOS forum. No additional medical exam is needed. However, some people send in exactly what they received from the medical exam in Australia and others send their records to a civil surgeon in the US to be transcribed to a specific form. Some people receive RFEs and some don't. I guess it really depends on who is adjucating your file and how picky they are. Double check the AOS subtopics and I'm sure you'll run into it. Sorry I can't be more specific/helpful.

K1
January 14, 2008: I29F Sent
May 20, 2008: INTERVIEW!!! (127 days)
September 27, 2008: Liam Arrives USA (POE LAX)
November 7, 2008: Wedding smile.png

AOS/EAD/AP
February 4, 2009: AOS Packet Sent
March 4, 2009: Biometrics Appointment
March 5, 2009: Case Transferred to the CSC
April 6, 2009: EAD/AP/AOS Approved
April 15, 2009: Received GREEN CARD!!!

Removing Conditions
January 5, 2011: Mailed I-751
January 6, 2011: I-751 received and signed for
January 11, 2011: Check Cashed
January 7, 2011: NOA date
January 14, 2011: NOA Received
February 10, 2011: Called USCIS requesting update (beyond 30 day timeline for biometrics letter)
February 14, 2011: Biometrics letter received
March 9, 2011: Biometrics Appt
April 6, 2011: GC Expirtation Date
June 24, 2011: 10yr GC Approved!
June 30, 2011: Received Approval Letter
July 12, 2011: 10yr GC received in the mail

Naturalization

December 31, 2013: Mailed N-400

January 2, 2014: Application received by Dallas office

January 14, 2014: Biometrics Notification

January 27, 2014: Biometrics Appointment

February 4, 2014: Testing & Interview Case Status

Jennybeni

When i did my AOS i sent in a copy of the medical records .I had made copies of everything before i handed them in at K1 interview for my own records.

On my cover page listing what was in the package i put copies of medical records ( originals handed in at customs on entry to usa ) I did not receive a ref and got approved rather quicky. Thats not to say it works all the time. I figured as you dont have alot of time to get married and everything organised i would risk the chance of a ref, then if need be get it re done by a doctor in USA. I think you have about 6 weeks to return a REF but am not sure on the one.

some people get approved without redoing the medical some dont it just come down to who is reviewing you case i think.

angela

Just a note for others doing K1 when you have your medical done ask the doctor if they can provide you with a copy of all the paper work for your records, even if they send the original to the consulate ( some doctors do some dont ) they just might give you a copy. it could save you some time later on doing AOS

SENT K1 VISA APPLICATION--- 7/17/05
NOA1--- 7/27/05
DAY 78--- 10/14/2005 APPROVED
LEFT NVS--- 10/24/2005
RECEIVED PACKET 3--- 11/09/2005
RECEIVED PACKET 4 --- 11/24/2005
INTERVIEW --- 12/02/2005 APPROVED
RECEIVED VISA--- 12/08/2005

SENT AOS--- EAD--- 02/28/2006
received noa for AOS and EAD-------- 03/07/2006
biometrics done-------- 04/26/2006
Touched for both AOS @ EAD------- 05/03/2006
EAD APPROVED----------------------- 05/19/2006
EAD received in mail ------------------- 05/24/2006
AOS APPROVED -------------------- 06/14/2006
RECEIVED GREEN CARD IN THE MAIL 19 JUNE 2006

SENT REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS----------- 03/12/2008
check cashed---------- 03/19/2008
NOA Dated----------- 03/17/2008 receive in mail 03/20/2008
biometrics ------------ 04/16/2008
APPROVED ----------- 06/13/2008

Timeline

For those of you who have been in the US for a bit - were you added to your SOs car insurance policy? I'm thinking of changing providers and I want to take into consideration Liam as a secondary driver when he gets here and I know not everyone accepts foreign licenses. I think that Progressive does and sometimes State Farm but it depends on the state. Thanks for any info!

K1
January 14, 2008: I29F Sent
May 20, 2008: INTERVIEW!!! (127 days)
September 27, 2008: Liam Arrives USA (POE LAX)
November 7, 2008: Wedding smile.png

AOS/EAD/AP
February 4, 2009: AOS Packet Sent
March 4, 2009: Biometrics Appointment
March 5, 2009: Case Transferred to the CSC
April 6, 2009: EAD/AP/AOS Approved
April 15, 2009: Received GREEN CARD!!!

Removing Conditions
January 5, 2011: Mailed I-751
January 6, 2011: I-751 received and signed for
January 11, 2011: Check Cashed
January 7, 2011: NOA date
January 14, 2011: NOA Received
February 10, 2011: Called USCIS requesting update (beyond 30 day timeline for biometrics letter)
February 14, 2011: Biometrics letter received
March 9, 2011: Biometrics Appt
April 6, 2011: GC Expirtation Date
June 24, 2011: 10yr GC Approved!
June 30, 2011: Received Approval Letter
July 12, 2011: 10yr GC received in the mail

Naturalization

December 31, 2013: Mailed N-400

January 2, 2014: Application received by Dallas office

January 14, 2014: Biometrics Notification

January 27, 2014: Biometrics Appointment

February 4, 2014: Testing & Interview Case Status

Timeline
For those of you who have been in the US for a bit - were you added to your SOs car insurance policy? I'm thinking of changing providers and I want to take into consideration Liam as a secondary driver when he gets here and I know not everyone accepts foreign licenses. I think that Progressive does and sometimes State Farm but it depends on the state. Thanks for any info!

My husband was able to add me (not that I'm driving yet) and we're with State Farm. Same with my life insurance policy, it was finalised this week without any major issues.

P.S. We're in Missouri.

Edited by patriciaofoz
swagbucks-173x63.jpg

Timeline

We had our AOS cash checked yesterday and today, our 3 NOAs (for AOS, EAD & AP) were received in the mail. I hope I get my EAD soon-ish - it turns out I'm not much of a homebody afterall :D

How is everyone else going? Oh so quiet...

swagbucks-173x63.jpg

Timeline

I added Loke to my car insurance without a problem. They did say that we had to pay more until he got a Colorado license, but it was like $20.00 more a month or something so it wasn't bad. We are on Progressive.

Nice to meet everyone and it's cool seeing all new faces. I hope you are all doing well!

~Rings

TIME LINE 2007

01/12/07-I Fly to Australia

01/25/07-We Got Married!

07/15/07-Point of Entry (K3 Visa)

K3 Time Line for the I-130, I-129F, EAD and AOS

usaCa.gifanimated-hearts.gifaustralC_1xa.gif

Lifting Conditions Timeline

11/06/09- Mailed Petition Via USPS Certified Mail

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/12/09- Return Receipt Arrives in Mail

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

11/27/09- Received Appointment Letter

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/08/10- Card Production Ordered (E-Mail)

01/09/10- Touched

01/14/10- Greencard Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.