aussiewench

LAND DOWNUNDER

4,678 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Thanks Kath & Kelli, I daren't speak till it's over but I might whisper 'we almost there!' :thumbs:

Sorry I can't help Katz. I didn't even receive packet 3 only packet 4 with the interview letter and instructions so luckily I've been on here a while and had done the police certificate etc already.

Good luck though, you should be interviewed shortly though? Good luck and will let you know how mine goes.

Cheers,

Pris. :)

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Congrats on the Walmart job offer Kelli!

Best of luck on your interview Pris! I am looking forward to hearing good news!

On a different note, the wifey got her driver's license! Luckily in NJ they don't make you wait 90 days from permit to road test (even with her expired NSW driver's license). Once she got her permit the guy asked if she wanted to take the road test right away lol. Instead, we scheduled the road test 3 weeks after. Most of that time was spent on parallel parking practice. In the end she nailed it one shot. She got so nervous during the exam that her right leg was shaking badly lol. Watch out folks, another Aussie driver is loose on the US roads. :)

Hi Kath, nice to hear from ya!

Take care everyone, keep the positive vibes flowing.

I-130

02/17/2007 - I-130 Express Mailed to VSC via USPS. (ETA 2/19/2007)

02/22/2007 - I-130 received by VSC.

06/12/2007 - NOA2 approval email received!!!

06/15/2007 - NOA2 letter received in the mail.

NVC

06/19/2007 - NVC receives case and assigns a case number!

08/27/2007 - CASE COMPLETE!!!!

09/06/2007 - Case forwarded to Sydney

09/14/2007 - Wife receives Packet 3. Received NVC letter confirming case forward to Sydney.

10/26/2007 - Interview - VISA GRANTED!!!!! WOOO WOOO!!!!!!

11/18/2007 - Enter the US via LAX (POE). No issues thankfully. 20 minutes of processing.

11/30/2007 - Welcome letter (two of them) received.

12/19/2007 - CR-1 Green Card received.

USCIS - I-751

09/23/2009 - Express Mailed Removal of Conditions application

09/24/2009 - USPS confirmed delivery to VSC

09/29/2009 - Check cashed by USCIS

10/01/2009 - Received NOA I-797C dated 09/25/2009

10/10/2009 - Received Biometric appt letter for 10/29/2009

10/29/2009 - Biometrics taken. Whole process took about 40 min including the wait

12/22/2009 - Approved for ROC!

01/08/2010 - Received text and email: Card production ordered

01/15/2010 - Received Green Card in the mail!

USCIS - N-400

04/22/2011 - Express Mailed Application for Naturalization

04/27/2011 - Check cashed by USCIS

04/28/2011 - Received NOA I-797C dated 04/26/2011

05/27/2011 - Biometrics taken. Process took approx 35 min with wait

07/29/2011 - Received Interview Appt letter scheduled for 09/01/2011 dated 07/26/2011

09/01/2011 - Interview and Oath. Now a USC! The VJ is over!

Good luck with your interview today Pris!

It's just past midday so I would imagine you're amost walking out of there with that ear to ear grin! :-))

Share your good news with us all soon!

Edited by hawaiiandreams

Hubby's application for naturalisation submitted: 2006-01-05

Married in Melbourne: 2006-06-11

I-130 submitted: 2006/07/01

My interview in Sydney! APPROVED!!! 2008-01-22

Entry to the US: 2008-03-17

File for removal of conditions: 2009-12-17

Fingerprinting/biometrics: 2010-01-22

hiya vylex

nice to see you too mate...bet your wifey was rapt as when she passed her driving test...just let her know if she does a turn as if she was in australia ..for her not to feel too bad its just habit lol...when i first got mine i kept saying right side right side to myself ..and when i stopped doing that i turned a corner late at night and was on the left hand side lol luckily there was not many cars in close proximity lol...so i think we at one stage has that experience..

it is amazing how getting your licence gives you more freedom..not from our spouses but for us to adventure out amongst the natives lol..although i dont adventure too far from the roads i know ..there is plenty for me to do on the way home from work or dropping robbie off at work...last time i adventured i ended up in michigan lol..did a u turn and found where i went wrong lol

am always interested in what us aussie miss...and how they are settling in over here...

come on pris ya us on hold here ... how did you go mate...

sorry to gabble on

take care

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

Timeline

Hi to Everyone,

Kath you beat me to it about the I-865..... LOL. Thanks for that and after having a look at the instructions on the I-865 form this is only applicable if at any stage you have filed an I-864 which from memory is something you do when filing your K-1. I hope I have this right! Anyway I have recovered from my meltdown and decided the best thing to do was include the I-865 Sponsors notice of change of address (inclucing a letter of explanation as to why it wasn't done)with my I-751 Petition to remove conditions on Residency. After a stressful few days I mailed it off to Vermont Service Centre today and have updated my timeline. It was an honest mistake, so hopefully they will understand. I also re did my change of address AR11 on line and got a confirmation number. Hope all this makes sense.

Thankfully the visa journey for us is nearly over but those of you starting, in the middle or almost done I hope all goes smoothly for you and is as stress free as possible. Kath it will be your turn to remove conditions soon, so you will be able to check on my timeline and see how things are going with us.

bye for now, Susan :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi :)

Well, this is probably going to be my last post from Australian soil. Tomorrow (Sunday) will be my last full day in Adelaide and I fly off Monday morning. I'm nearly done packing - only have 1 final luggage to fill up - and I'm all psyched out about facing not only LAX but also the Midwestern winter. Hopefully it's not too wintery enough to cancel/delay my flight. And I don't want Zach to be driving the 2-hour drive to St. Louis airport in disgusting weather.

I had my farewell last night, my little sister's bday today and then a family farewell dinner tomorrow evening. Zach's advice was to get as tired as possible tomorrow so that I zonk out on the plane. I'm sure I'll be fine. I'll be wearing comfortable clothes, I have an aisle seat and enough books to read. I'm as ready as I'll ever be!

Thanks again everyone for all your advice. Wish me luck on my venture to the other side of this whole "journey" :D

swagbucks-173x63.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Hi :)

Well, this is probably going to be my last post from Australian soil. Tomorrow (Sunday) will be my last full day in Adelaide and I fly off Monday morning. I'm nearly done packing - only have 1 final luggage to fill up - and I'm all psyched out about facing not only LAX but also the Midwestern winter. Hopefully it's not too wintery enough to cancel/delay my flight. And I don't want Zach to be driving the 2-hour drive to St. Louis airport in disgusting weather.

I had my farewell last night, my little sister's bday today and then a family farewell dinner tomorrow evening. Zach's advice was to get as tired as possible tomorrow so that I zonk out on the plane. I'm sure I'll be fine. I'll be wearing comfortable clothes, I have an aisle seat and enough books to read. I'm as ready as I'll ever be!

Thanks again everyone for all your advice. Wish me luck on my venture to the other side of this whole "journey" :D

The very best of luck, Patricia! You'll do fine. :D

Timeline

Hello!

Thanks for the well wishes. This place has been amazingly supportive and helpful for those going through this challenging process and has made what would otherwise be a harrowingly confusing process really straight forward and simple and I thank you all and this wonderful site.

The interview went well, although I wouldn't call it an interview as such. I really think that's the wrong word for it as you don't sit down with someone and chat about things in typical interview style but is really a series of processes where you get called up to the 'window' and then sat down and then called up to another window and then sat down and then called up to another window for the final 'welcome to America' line after a few nosey questions lol... Things did go smoothly and the series of processes was very well orchestrated and professional.

I didn't however, get my visa as if I would be continuing on I would need to get another police check as mine was done in March last year and I wasn't looking to be travelling till May. So, they said all I needed to do was get another one and send it in and asked whether I preferred for them to be keeping my passport till then or whether I would send it in with the updated police check; unfortunately I knew then and told them I would keep my passport although I did not inform them and have yet to inform them I will not be in need of the visa.

Yes, suffice it to say we have broken up and I will not be travelling to the States.

I wish everyone else well on their journey and to my friends made on this journey best wishes for a happy future.

P.S. KATH - The wiggles were there again also but I wasnt' happy when they were called up before me although they were in line after me lol..

hi pris

awwwwwwww sweetie im so sorry to hear your news mate...very sad indeed..you ever need to talk just email me and i will ring you..

you have been a great member in here and was a pleasure meeting you..take care sweetie ...i hope in hope you can work your problems out mate...

thanks for all your input pris...you been wonderful...

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

Timeline
hi pris

awwwwwwww sweetie im so sorry to hear your news mate...very sad indeed..you ever need to talk just email me and i will ring you..

you have been a great member in here and was a pleasure meeting you..take care sweetie ...i hope in hope you can work your problems out mate...

kath

Thank you so much Kath; I will definitely keep that in mind. For now, this is just as sudden for me and will take a bit to sink in even if I did call the shots, so to speak.

You are too kind; your extended help and wealth of knowledge to everyone here is what keeps this place going so well.

Maybe I will check in every now and again to see how my abroad fellow aussies and their lovelies are going.

xo

hi pris

kath

Thank you so much Kath; I will definitely keep that in mind. For now, this is just as sudden for me and will take a bit to sink in even if I did call the shots, so to speak.

You are too kind; your extended help and wealth of knowledge to everyone here is what keeps this place going so well.

Maybe I will check in every now and again to see how my abroad fellow aussies and their lovelies are going.

xo

Pris - I was so sorry to hear of your news that I read your posting a couple of times over.

I have heard of this happening to other couples and my heart goes out to them, and you.

Of course I don't know your circumstances, or your situation, but SOMETIMES couples in this position decide some weeks or months down the line that they'd like to work it out. Can I make a suggestion - you have come this far, why not get the visa JUST in CASE there is a slightest, most miniscule chance of reconcilliation? The last thing you would want is to get in line for this again if you did decide to reconsider..

Just a thought my dear.. again I do not know your situation but this is what came to mind.

Either way, my thoughts ARE with you and I'm so sorry to hear about your news.

Remember, EVERYTHING happens for a reason. Keep your chin up and all the best with everything.

Hubby's application for naturalisation submitted: 2006-01-05

Married in Melbourne: 2006-06-11

I-130 submitted: 2006/07/01

My interview in Sydney! APPROVED!!! 2008-01-22

Entry to the US: 2008-03-17

File for removal of conditions: 2009-12-17

Fingerprinting/biometrics: 2010-01-22

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

So sorry to hear Pris,

As the others have said, we do not know the circumstances but I truly wish you the best moving forward. I hope you find your happiness again, either with the same person or someone else.

Take care and I hope you do stick around these forums. You know where to find the crazy lot of us.

Best wishes.

-Alex

I-130

02/17/2007 - I-130 Express Mailed to VSC via USPS. (ETA 2/19/2007)

02/22/2007 - I-130 received by VSC.

06/12/2007 - NOA2 approval email received!!!

06/15/2007 - NOA2 letter received in the mail.

NVC

06/19/2007 - NVC receives case and assigns a case number!

08/27/2007 - CASE COMPLETE!!!!

09/06/2007 - Case forwarded to Sydney

09/14/2007 - Wife receives Packet 3. Received NVC letter confirming case forward to Sydney.

10/26/2007 - Interview - VISA GRANTED!!!!! WOOO WOOO!!!!!!

11/18/2007 - Enter the US via LAX (POE). No issues thankfully. 20 minutes of processing.

11/30/2007 - Welcome letter (two of them) received.

12/19/2007 - CR-1 Green Card received.

USCIS - I-751

09/23/2009 - Express Mailed Removal of Conditions application

09/24/2009 - USPS confirmed delivery to VSC

09/29/2009 - Check cashed by USCIS

10/01/2009 - Received NOA I-797C dated 09/25/2009

10/10/2009 - Received Biometric appt letter for 10/29/2009

10/29/2009 - Biometrics taken. Whole process took about 40 min including the wait

12/22/2009 - Approved for ROC!

01/08/2010 - Received text and email: Card production ordered

01/15/2010 - Received Green Card in the mail!

USCIS - N-400

04/22/2011 - Express Mailed Application for Naturalization

04/27/2011 - Check cashed by USCIS

04/28/2011 - Received NOA I-797C dated 04/26/2011

05/27/2011 - Biometrics taken. Process took approx 35 min with wait

07/29/2011 - Received Interview Appt letter scheduled for 09/01/2011 dated 07/26/2011

09/01/2011 - Interview and Oath. Now a USC! The VJ is over!

Timeline

Pris,

So sorry things haven't worked out for you..........it's very sad and I hope you take care of yourself and try to keep smiling.

You are right about Kath.......she gives amazing information and support on here and is the reason that this forum remains strong. Way to go Kath and many cheers for you.

Patricia, Hope you had a safe trip over here.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Susan :)

Timeline

Thank you All!

Your comments and well wishes are much appreciated.

I won't be reconsidering as my happiness has returned due to the decision, which wasn't made overnight.

Sometimes it takes you to go away/almost lose what you have to rediscover how good you really have it and that's what this journey did for me. This is my home here and I appreciate it so much more seeing it from that perspective.

Take care and good luck with your journeys..... :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hello!

It's 8.06pm Missouri time and I'm sitting down watching "The 30 Most Ridiculous Feuds" on E! :D ....and Zach is sitting right beside me :)

Where to start? Well...my flight over went well. I got an aisle seat but luckily for me and the guy in the other end of my row we were the only ones there so we had 2 seats each. Of course he hogged my extra seat come sleepy time so he could stretch out. I didn't really care because I had enough space. So overall, the flight over was good. I didn't sleep as much as I had wanted but I was very comfortable.

Got to LAX on time and my POE experience went very well (what was I freaking out about?). I didn't get a "Welcome to America" greeting though :( - but the man "Walters" was pleasant and he did chit chat about Zach & I and asked some random questions. He also noticed my Aussie accent after I must have a said a very Aussie sentence - can't recall. Anyway, it went well and by the time I got out, my bags were still joined by other bags so I didn't feel alone.

Got my bags, left it with TSA and went up to the Terminal and basically had 3.5 hours there, waiting for my St. Louis flight. By that time I was ready to zonk out and did start snoozing at the terminal. the fact I didn't sleep very well on the plane was finally hitting me and for most of the time on the flight over to St. Louis, I was sleeping. Got to STL on time and met with Zach & his parents :D

After a whole day here, we've achieved quite a bit already. We grabbed brunch at Panera Bread (yum!) then Went to Wal-Mart and stocked up on all my required toiletries (they don't sell Savlon here!). Then to Kohls because I wanted some cord pants - grabbed 2 for 70% off each! Yay! And apparently I'm a petite in the US :) Haha. Then went to a Hallmark store (very excited about this!) and then off to Macy's where we did our Wedding Registry (that was a lot of fun). And then we dropped by the shoe department and I grabbed the CUTEST red shoes ever - cost me $4!!!! And then another pair of Nine West flats for $20. I love Macy's and their sales. And finally, we went to US Cellular and got me a mobile phone - with 250 text messages for $5 :) I love texting and it'll be the cheapest and most instantaneous way to contact my family and friends in AUS.

Well, there you have it. I've got a bit of a headache and my body clock is still adjusting. Got another big day tomorrow so wish me luck! I've got a lot more to share but I'm still letting it all sink in right now.

swagbucks-173x63.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.