aussiewench

LAND DOWNUNDER

4,678 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

OH OH OH MY GOD............................................................

WE GOT THE APPROVAL...

JUST CHECKED MY email...

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL *** The last processing action taken on your case

Application Type: I129F , PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status: Approval notice sent. On February 5, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E).

Was jumping around the house screaming OMGOD the kids and I were all doing HIGH 5's.... then I had to WAKE up my darling man LOL... it was like 2.00am in Cleveland right now... <grin>

what an AMAZING feeling... and I fly out to the USA tomorrow to spend some time with him... WHAT PERFECT timing....

CONGRATS TO EVERYONE else who have also received theirs too.... WHOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO

have a GREAT day

Tracy

:-)

26/9/2007 Steve posted I129F & check to CSC

27/9/2007 CSC received it at 9.00am - signed by D.Bohn

""at this point on my timeline it said adjucation could be around the 8th March 2008"" What the??

25/10/2007 NOA1 issued

26/10/2007 Check cashed

29/10/2007 NOA1-Hard Copy received ...

2/11/2007 Touched

4/11/2007 Touched

20/11/2007 Went to police station for fingerprinting and National police check

4/12/2007 Police called police & fingerprint check done and ready for my collection

(getting ahead of myself I know <grin> but want to get everything ready

and organised - so MUCH paperwork/costs when there is me AND kids involved)

13/1/2008 - The estimated date on my timeline for adjudication NOW SAYS 21st March... OUCHIE..

29/1/2008 - WOW the estimated date on my timeline NOW says 7th April.... COME ON FOLKS.. PLEASE UPDATE YOUR TIMELINES IF YOU HAVEN'T DONE SO... your updates help give number crunchers like myself something to gauge. 4th feb - all these approvals MUST be doing something, my timeline NOW says 2nd April...

5/2/08 - YAY YAY YAY.... NOA-2 approval via email from CRIS... WHOO HOOOOOOOOOOO.... the "estimated timeline said 31 March this morning just as an FYI for you all)

9/2/2008 Flying to Ohio to spend a bit of time with my darling man to arrange our wedding and also just to spend some time together :-)

31/5/2008 Our Wedding day (we think) <grin>

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Congrats Tracy! I loved getting those approval emails, letters, and phone messages. It gave me the best feeling. :dance:

Pris, Vy and I stayed at the Meriton Kent st apts (AUD157 for a Studio). We were closer to Town Hall though and just hopped in a cab. It was lless than $10 for the ride. I'll never forget that day we went. We spent the whole morning waiting (and excited) just for a quick 10 minute face to face conversation with the Consulate folks. It didn't sink in until we got back to the hotel. It happened so fast we couldn't comprehend the 8 months of filing and stress. Looking back on it, those 8 months felt like eternity AND a blink of an eye at the same time. As I wake up to her next to me every morning I can't believe how much we've gone through in such a short time.

Ahhh I love reminiscing about the good stuff. :)

Oh you can also go to www.wotif.com to check for some hotel deals. Just check for Sydney CBD hotels. Most are within bus, walking, or train distance. You can get off Wynyard Station on the bus and train and walk from there. Good luck!

I-130

02/17/2007 - I-130 Express Mailed to VSC via USPS. (ETA 2/19/2007)

02/22/2007 - I-130 received by VSC.

06/12/2007 - NOA2 approval email received!!!

06/15/2007 - NOA2 letter received in the mail.

NVC

06/19/2007 - NVC receives case and assigns a case number!

08/27/2007 - CASE COMPLETE!!!!

09/06/2007 - Case forwarded to Sydney

09/14/2007 - Wife receives Packet 3. Received NVC letter confirming case forward to Sydney.

10/26/2007 - Interview - VISA GRANTED!!!!! WOOO WOOO!!!!!!

11/18/2007 - Enter the US via LAX (POE). No issues thankfully. 20 minutes of processing.

11/30/2007 - Welcome letter (two of them) received.

12/19/2007 - CR-1 Green Card received.

USCIS - I-751

09/23/2009 - Express Mailed Removal of Conditions application

09/24/2009 - USPS confirmed delivery to VSC

09/29/2009 - Check cashed by USCIS

10/01/2009 - Received NOA I-797C dated 09/25/2009

10/10/2009 - Received Biometric appt letter for 10/29/2009

10/29/2009 - Biometrics taken. Whole process took about 40 min including the wait

12/22/2009 - Approved for ROC!

01/08/2010 - Received text and email: Card production ordered

01/15/2010 - Received Green Card in the mail!

USCIS - N-400

04/22/2011 - Express Mailed Application for Naturalization

04/27/2011 - Check cashed by USCIS

04/28/2011 - Received NOA I-797C dated 04/26/2011

05/27/2011 - Biometrics taken. Process took approx 35 min with wait

07/29/2011 - Received Interview Appt letter scheduled for 09/01/2011 dated 07/26/2011

09/01/2011 - Interview and Oath. Now a USC! The VJ is over!

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Congrats Tracy..! :)

Pris, Vy and I stayed at the Meriton Kent st apts (AUD157 for a Studio). We were closer to Town Hall though and just hopped in a cab. It was lless than $10 for the ride. I'll never forget that day we went. We spent the whole morning waiting (and excited) just for a quick 10 minute face to face conversation with the Consulate folks. It didn't sink in until we got back to the hotel. It happened so fast we couldn't comprehend the 8 months of filing and stress. Looking back on it, those 8 months felt like eternity AND a blink of an eye at the same time. As I wake up to her next to me every morning I can't believe how much we've gone through in such a short time.

Ahhh I love reminiscing about the good stuff. :)

Oh you can also go to www.wotif.com to check for some hotel deals. Just check for Sydney CBD hotels. Most are within bus, walking, or train distance. You can get off Wynyard Station on the bus and train and walk from there. Good luck!

Aww.....Alex you are a darling and I'm sure Vy realises what a lucky woman she is!

Thanks for that! :thumbs:

Pris.

Timeline

WE GOT THE APPROVAL...

JUST CHECKED MY email...

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL *** The last processing action taken on your case

Current Status: Approval notice sent. On February 5, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E).

Was jumping around the house screaming OMGOD the kids and I were all doing HIGH 5's.... then I had to WAKE up my darling man LOL... it was like 2.00am in Cleveland right now... <grin>

what an AMAZING feeling... and I fly out to the USA tomorrow to spend some time with him... WHAT PERFECT timing....

CONGRATS TO EVERYONE else who have also received theirs too.... WHOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO

have a GREAT day

Tracy

congrats, Tracy!!!! and have a great trip in the U.S. :thumbs:

My K-1 Timeline!

05-2005 Steve and I met while I was studying abroad in Australia

2005-2007 Visits back and forth

06-29-2007 Proposal!!

07-09-2007 I-129F sent to VSC

07-11-2007 I-129F received by VSC

07-13-2007 NOA1

11-26-2007 NOA2 via USCIS website!!!

11-29-2007 Case sent to Sydney from NVC

11-30-2007 NOA2 hardcopy received

12-04-2007 Case received by consulate in Sydney

12-12-2007 Received Packet 3

01-02-2008 Sent Packet 3

01-15-2008 Received Packet 4

01-30-2008 Interview - approved!!!!!!

02-01-2008 Visa delivered!

02-18-2008 US Entry (JFK)

04-19-2008 WEDDING!!

pAZVm5.png

WE GOT THE APPROVAL...

JUST CHECKED MY email...

have a GREAT day

Tracy

congrats, Tracy!!!! and have a great trip in the U.S. :thumbs:

Congratulations Tracey! Not long to go now! Have a wonderful trip! :)

Hubby's application for naturalisation submitted: 2006-01-05

Married in Melbourne: 2006-06-11

I-130 submitted: 2006/07/01

My interview in Sydney! APPROVED!!! 2008-01-22

Entry to the US: 2008-03-17

File for removal of conditions: 2009-12-17

Fingerprinting/biometrics: 2010-01-22

Timeline

WE GOT THE APPROVAL...

JUST CHECKED MY email...

have a GREAT day

Tracy

Congrats Tracy! Such good news. Glad I was able to help with the form. Have a good flight!~

Timeline

11-July-07 -I129-F sent

Transfered from NSC to CSC

19-July-07 - NOA1

No RFEs, no touches

05-Dec-07 -NOA2

12-Dec-07 - NOA2 hard copy received

04-Jan-08 - NVC received approved petition

07-Jan-08 - NVC sends notice to my fiance of their receipt of approved petition

11-Jan-08 - US Consular in Sydney receives approved petition

18-Jan-08 - US Consular mails Packet 3

22-Jan-08 - Received Packet 3

24-Jan-08 - Police check requested and fingerprinting completed

04-Jan-08 - Criminal Records Section completes check and sends police check to Consular

05-Feb-08 - Medical complete

29-Feb-08 - Returned Packet 3 to Consular

06-Mar-08 - Received 11/03 interview date but requested reschedule

18-Mar-08 - INTERVIEW and K1 visa APPROVED

09-Aug-08 - POE @ LAX

01-Sep-08 - Marriage

hiya all

great to see so many smiling faces in here...with some great news in your posts...

congrats tracey for your aprrpval..and you will be on the plain right now heading over here...have a great time ...

hi pris

glad you had a great time here and your on your final legs of your journey to being over here permanently....good luck for the interview mate ....not long now before your back over here...

ok someone asked about what they should remember to bring over here with them when they finally get here..

i found my tax records came in handy...simply because when we applied for our loan for the house they wanted to make sure that i just didnt get a job over here to get the loan...im just glad i had it in a safe place and knew where to get my hands on it lol...also bring some of those folders that already have the plastic sleeves in them .. for the life of me i cant remember what they are called lol but i cannot find them over here.. i brought heaps of them over but they had all my stuff in them ... just saves buying folders and plastic sleeves..also dont forget your favourite potatoe peeler lol..hmmmm if you have a really warm coat in oz dont forget to pack it...(silly me didnt have room and so miss them)

ive still got my cold this is the 3rd week..cant shake the cough and the disgusting phelm business ....it clears up and then comes back lol...i do get email notification of your posts so i am keeping up with you lot just getting home from work later now and cant be bothered typing some nights lol i know im getting lazy or tired lol..

well take care you lot

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

I know I'm not around here much but CONGRATS TRACY! I know it's a great feeling!!

Hope everyone is doing well! Stewart and I are lifting conditions now! His biometrics appt is on 2/22!!

Caroline

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Timeline
hi pris

glad you had a great time here and your on your final legs of your journey to being over here permanently....good luck for the interview mate ....not long now before your back over here...

ok someone asked about what they should remember to bring over here with them when they finally get here..

i found my tax records came in handy...simply because when we applied for our loan for the house they wanted to make sure that i just didnt get a job over here to get the loan...im just glad i had it in a safe place and knew where to get my hands on it lol...also bring some of those folders that already have the plastic sleeves in them .. for the life of me i cant remember what they are called lol but i cannot find them over here.. i brought heaps of them over but they had all my stuff in them ... just saves buying folders and plastic sleeves..also dont forget your favourite potatoe peeler lol..hmmmm if you have a really warm coat in oz dont forget to pack it...(silly me didnt have room and so miss them)

ive still got my cold this is the 3rd week..cant shake the cough and the disgusting phelm business ....it clears up and then comes back lol...i do get email notification of your posts so i am keeping up with you lot just getting home from work later now and cant be bothered typing some nights lol i know im getting lazy or tired lol..

well take care you lot

kath

Heya Kath!

Sorry you aren't terribly well at the moment but with the weather warming up soon maybe it'll help.

Good to hear from you and thanks for the well wishes. You're probably sick of hearing about my never-ending case but I finally have the interview in less than two weeks..!!!

Thanks for those tips too I will remember to bring my tax details and plenty of those display books. I'm also bringing my favorite bottle opener from the days when I worked the bar.

I believe I have everything I need for the interview. It seems so simple and straight forward I'm worried I've forgotten something. I've paid the $175 processing fee and it says there's also a $455 visa fee also??? which we take in cash???

I do have one other query: I'm supposed to bring the I-864 Affidavit of Support to the interview but J said that the NVC office sent it all to Sydney Consulate so does this mean they have it and I shouldn't worry??? I'm thinking of emailing them just in case.

Much appreciated in advance.

Cheers,

Pris. :)

Hi guys!!

Kath it's good to hear from you.. have not seen you around for a while. Sorry to hear you are still unwell, I hope you get rid of that cold soon! You poor thing..

Exciting for your Pris with your interview just around the corner. We submitted our i-864 to the NVC before our paperwork was transferred to Sydney and like the instructions say, if you have already submitted it, you don't need to resubmit it. Unless you have updated information you need to provide. I was worried about the same thing so I took a spare i-864, as well as hubby's W2 from 2007. They didn't ask for it. I even offered the "updated" information (W2) and the consular officer was not interested in seeing it at all.

Also, I discovered there were no further fees required on the day of the interview. We had paid everything to the NVC back when they kept sending out requests for more $$. We are in the same visa catergory, so I'm backing you have already paid everything. But I would suggest you have your credit card handy at the interview just in case!

Just make sure you have everything on the "check list". If you have all of that, you'll be fine!

BEST OF LUCK! :-))

Edited by hawaiiandreams

Oh sorry, I just have a question regarding tax returns for Aussies in the US.

I have heard that Aussies are required to lodge a tax return with the Australian Tax Office every tax year, as well as a US tax return?

Does anyone know what the deal is with this? Is there something additonal we are required to do?

Thanks, HD.

Timeline
Exciting for you Pris with your interview just around the corner. We submitted our i-864 to the NVC before our paperwork was transferred to Sydney and like the instructions say, if you have already submitted it, you don't need to resubmit it. Unless you have updated information you need to provide. I was worried about the same thing so I took a spare i-864, as well as hubby's W2 from 2007. They didn't ask for it. I even offered the "updated" information (W2) and the consular officer was not interested in seeing it at all.

Also, I discovered there were no further fees required on the day of the interview. We had paid everything to the NVC back when they kept sending out requests for more $$. We are in the same visa catergory, so I'm backing you have already paid everything. But I would suggest you have your credit card handy at the interview just in case!

Just make sure you have everything on the "check list". If you have all of that, you'll be fine!

BEST OF LUCK! :-))

Heya HD!

Thanks so much for that. Good to hear about no extra fees! :thumbs:

Cheers,

Pris.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
Oh sorry, I just have a question regarding tax returns for Aussies in the US.

I have heard that Aussies are required to lodge a tax return with the Australian Tax Office every tax year, as well as a US tax return?

The following info is just to the best of my knowledge - and, I'm not claiming to be an expert by any means.

If you have no Australian income, and move overseas, you no longer need to file an Aussie tax return.

After I moved to the US, I still had some investments in Australia, and was earning Australian "income" (interest).

The information I eventually was able to get from the ATO was that while I was earning Australian income, I was required to submit an Australian tax return, just for the Australian income.

On my US tax return, I declared the Australian income (as foreign income), and then also got US tax credits for the Australian tax I paid.

After a year or two I signed a statement at my Australian bank declaring I was a foreign resident, this way the bank automatically deducted 10% of my interest payments, and submitted it directly to the ATO. I no longer was required to submit an Australian tax return. I continue to declare my "foreign income" & foreign tax paid on my US return.

The US tax year is jan /dec. It gets a little complicated with the differnat "years", and the exchange rate - but, I just submit all the info to my tax agent here to the best of my ability.

On the flip side, if you continue on & become an American citizen, you are required to lodge a US tax return - even if you no longer live in the US. I have no idea how much this is enforced.

HTH - feel free to ask more question.

N400 at California SC, Field office- Los Angeles

Sep 3, 2007 Application Mailed

Sep 12, 2007 - Priority date

Nov 9,2007 - check cashed

Nov 20,2007 - NOA1: "expect to be notified within 425 days of this notice",

Jan 10, 2008 - fingerprints appointment (letter lost due to mailing address receipted incorrectly)

Feb 7, 2008 - fingerprints done (took about 10 min - as a walk-in)

Sept 8, 2008 - Interview date (letter received Jul 18) - rescheduled at my request

Jan 6, 2009 - Interview date

Feb 26, 2009 - Citizenship Oath

*online status "case received Oct 29", no touches showing.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.