aussiewench

LAND DOWNUNDER

4,678 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

:thumbs: WOW - so many exciting positive signs on this thread - WTG and congratulations :thumbs:

I have a bit of a question - and ANY help would be appreciated..

SO....

Re: K-1 Medical Examination.

Apart from the documents that are available here on VJ (the actual forms that the Dr. fills in) I understand that there is a sheet in Packet 3, one that lists all the doctors and then one that has something on it to be signed... by applicant (in front of dr. etc)...

so does anyone actually have a copy of the Medical Examination Instructions that are sent out from the Sydney Consulate..

I am specifically after the sheet that really only has 2 parts on it (generally appears in your pack after the list of Aussie Drs. to go to)

and has.

Section 1 - Principal Applicant to complete this section

(my passport, or other official identification...blah blah blah...........................

name

p/port number

place of issue.... blah blah..

AND signature IN PRESENCE of panel physician)

Section 2 - to be completed by PHYSICIAN, X-ray & blood test supervisors...

I am satisfied that the person being examined.... blah blah blah...

signature of physician............

signature of xray super...................

signature of lab. technician.......................

<grin> YOUR help would be HUGELY APPRECIATED... I am trying to pre-organise all of our medicals (having 3 kiddos to also go through this process - and juggling all of our schedules is a nightmare for this experience LOL) - if you know what I mean, (and I am going to be away for a couple of months - during which time we anticipate that both the NOA2 and then the Packet 3 will arrive here),

we have our Medical appointment booked for early next week (4th) - BUT I have been told by the receptionist there that without this specific form (the x-rays and bloods) can't be done, and even they would prefer not to do the appointment .... what a PAIN and they at the Dr's don't keep "spares" of this form on hand..... :crying: so if anyone can help out I will be one happy little vegemite.... ....

If anyone has a copy of it and if it could be scanned in (High Resolution) and uploaded to the gallery that would be GREAT... or alternately send me a PM and I will forward you my email addy so that you could email it to me directly as a PDF or JPEG.

THANKS in advance

Tracy

26/9/2007 Steve posted I129F & check to CSC

27/9/2007 CSC received it at 9.00am - signed by D.Bohn

""at this point on my timeline it said adjucation could be around the 8th March 2008"" What the??

25/10/2007 NOA1 issued

26/10/2007 Check cashed

29/10/2007 NOA1-Hard Copy received ...

2/11/2007 Touched

4/11/2007 Touched

20/11/2007 Went to police station for fingerprinting and National police check

4/12/2007 Police called police & fingerprint check done and ready for my collection

(getting ahead of myself I know <grin> but want to get everything ready

and organised - so MUCH paperwork/costs when there is me AND kids involved)

13/1/2008 - The estimated date on my timeline for adjudication NOW SAYS 21st March... OUCHIE..

29/1/2008 - WOW the estimated date on my timeline NOW says 7th April.... COME ON FOLKS.. PLEASE UPDATE YOUR TIMELINES IF YOU HAVEN'T DONE SO... your updates help give number crunchers like myself something to gauge. 4th feb - all these approvals MUST be doing something, my timeline NOW says 2nd April...

5/2/08 - YAY YAY YAY.... NOA-2 approval via email from CRIS... WHOO HOOOOOOOOOOO.... the "estimated timeline said 31 March this morning just as an FYI for you all)

9/2/2008 Flying to Ohio to spend a bit of time with my darling man to arrange our wedding and also just to spend some time together :-)

31/5/2008 Our Wedding day (we think) <grin>

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline

We got approved!!!! Now the only thing separating us is 3 more weeks of waiting (well, and 10,000-odd miles). :thumbs:

Steve had his interview today at 8am and, other than a couple hours of waiting, it went very smoothly. A couple of the officers even thanked him profusely for having everything ready and in the right order!! He said that more than once he saw other people go up and say "ohh... you need that?" when they had just told everyone to have their things ready. Some people are ridiculous!

The only questions they asked were when we're getting married and where we'd be living - nothing about the affidavit or any other forms!

We are both so excited!!! Thanks so much to all in this thread for all the information and support. Hugs! :star:

My K-1 Timeline!

05-2005 Steve and I met while I was studying abroad in Australia

2005-2007 Visits back and forth

06-29-2007 Proposal!!

07-09-2007 I-129F sent to VSC

07-11-2007 I-129F received by VSC

07-13-2007 NOA1

11-26-2007 NOA2 via USCIS website!!!

11-29-2007 Case sent to Sydney from NVC

11-30-2007 NOA2 hardcopy received

12-04-2007 Case received by consulate in Sydney

12-12-2007 Received Packet 3

01-02-2008 Sent Packet 3

01-15-2008 Received Packet 4

01-30-2008 Interview - approved!!!!!!

02-01-2008 Visa delivered!

02-18-2008 US Entry (JFK)

04-19-2008 WEDDING!!

pAZVm5.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

HI everyone!!! Its been awhile -- lots and lots of pages to catch up on! But from what I've skimmed seems lots of ppl are getting approved and settling in the US quite well!

Just a quick update -- I'm working in the IT Field now, but its part time hrs which is a bummer as I get bored at home, so I've had to find another job so I'm working @ Macy's. Actually I got the Macy's job first, working as a xmas casual and they offered me a perm role.

I also got my learner's permit today! WoooO HooooO! What a fluke tho -- I didnt really read the book, just did the practice test online. If any of ya guys will do it in MD -- its 20 qs, you can only get 3 wrong. I got 3 wrong. So passed by a whisker! I have to wait "7-30 days" though as they are sending me the learner's permit. Hopefully it only takes a week, I wasnt sure why they had to send it instead of just giving it to me on the spot but i thought hey I dont wanna push me luck.

Anyhoos -- hope everyone is all good!! :) :)

I-130

09/06/06: Sent I-130 to VSC via MP - sig confirm, 09/08/06 Mail arrived @ VSC

09/11/06: NOA1

09/18/06: Received NOA1 in the mail

09/19/06: Touched

09/20/06: Touched

I-129F

09/23/06: Sent I-129F (new form) to Chi P.O Box via MP - certified mail w/ return receipt

09/25/06: Mail arrived @ Chi

09/27/06: NOA1

09/28/06: Touched (no status change) - check $

09/29/06: Received NOA1 in the mail

10/03/06: Touched

10/04/06: Touched

10/26/06: Touched - case transferred Chi to VSC

10/27/06: Touched

11/04/06: Touched - VSC received case on 11/3

11/07/06: Touched

11/08/06: Touched

11/09/06: Touched - case now pending 11/18

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I'm also at FBI

Hi everyone!

Congrats on the learners permit Elle! That is very exciting news..

Speaking of driving in the US, does anyone know if Aussies can drive in the US on our Australian drivers licences for a few months until applying for a US drivers license? I drove around Hawaii all of the time on my tourist visa but I have a feeling things change when you become an immigrant!?

Also, I emailed the consulate regarding my misspelled maiden name on the cover sheet of the packet they sent to me with my passport/visa last week. They asked me to return the packet to the consulate with my passport so they could correct it. The error is not even on the passport, only on the cover sheet on the packet. I am convinced they don't read emails properly! :angry: Anyway, *disgruntled*, I will return my passport and the packet to them with the self addressed 3kg bag they have requested so they can mail it back. The least they could do was offer to pay for it since they made the error! :ranting:

Oh well, it's annoying but I guess it will all work out. Just as long as they don't misunderstand the error and put my maiden name on my visa (wouldn't put it past them!)

Well have a great day everyone..HD.

Hubby's application for naturalisation submitted: 2006-01-05

Married in Melbourne: 2006-06-11

I-130 submitted: 2006/07/01

My interview in Sydney! APPROVED!!! 2008-01-22

Entry to the US: 2008-03-17

File for removal of conditions: 2009-12-17

Fingerprinting/biometrics: 2010-01-22

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

HD,

Yes it's frustrating indeed but as long as they fix it up and you are not flying out too soon you should be fine. I would print a copy of that email and send it along with instructions spelling out what is wrong. That way they don't try to "fix" more than needs to be. :bonk:

As for driving, that's a good question...from what I looked up as far as the New Jersey DMV is concerned, you can drive around with an international license (even after immigrating). Basically, you go to your RTA or NRMA and apply for an international driver's license. I think it's just paperwork. Anyway you should be able to get away with that while you are there and in the process of getting a US license. Of course things vary state to state but having that Int'l license couldn't hurt.

The NJ DMV folks were suprisingly nice. She had an expired Australia license (by about a month) but they told her after getting her permit, she could take the road test immediately if she wished. We opted for a few weeks of practice though so her road test won't be until Valentine's day. :lol:

Congrats Elle on your progression!

Vy missed the permit her first time by 1 question! She had to get 40 out of 50 correct though. She rushed too much though on some questions and she missed them because she didn't read through all the answers. She blamed it on the coffee that made her hyper hehehe. We came back a week later and she scored perfectly this time around.

Good luck on your road test! Vy has been doing great driving around but I need to test her parallel parking ability before the big day. Fortunately, they test her between cones that are 25 feet apart! That's tons of room. I hope she can pass right away. She already has all the shops she wants to drive to targeted LOL.

Congrats to everyone else! It's nice to see a wave of granted visas! We all seem to be in the same grouping. I remember the days when Rings and I were discussing options for K-3, CR-1, etc with other folks. Time is flying!

I-130

02/17/2007 - I-130 Express Mailed to VSC via USPS. (ETA 2/19/2007)

02/22/2007 - I-130 received by VSC.

06/12/2007 - NOA2 approval email received!!!

06/15/2007 - NOA2 letter received in the mail.

NVC

06/19/2007 - NVC receives case and assigns a case number!

08/27/2007 - CASE COMPLETE!!!!

09/06/2007 - Case forwarded to Sydney

09/14/2007 - Wife receives Packet 3. Received NVC letter confirming case forward to Sydney.

10/26/2007 - Interview - VISA GRANTED!!!!! WOOO WOOO!!!!!!

11/18/2007 - Enter the US via LAX (POE). No issues thankfully. 20 minutes of processing.

11/30/2007 - Welcome letter (two of them) received.

12/19/2007 - CR-1 Green Card received.

USCIS - I-751

09/23/2009 - Express Mailed Removal of Conditions application

09/24/2009 - USPS confirmed delivery to VSC

09/29/2009 - Check cashed by USCIS

10/01/2009 - Received NOA I-797C dated 09/25/2009

10/10/2009 - Received Biometric appt letter for 10/29/2009

10/29/2009 - Biometrics taken. Whole process took about 40 min including the wait

12/22/2009 - Approved for ROC!

01/08/2010 - Received text and email: Card production ordered

01/15/2010 - Received Green Card in the mail!

USCIS - N-400

04/22/2011 - Express Mailed Application for Naturalization

04/27/2011 - Check cashed by USCIS

04/28/2011 - Received NOA I-797C dated 04/26/2011

05/27/2011 - Biometrics taken. Process took approx 35 min with wait

07/29/2011 - Received Interview Appt letter scheduled for 09/01/2011 dated 07/26/2011

09/01/2011 - Interview and Oath. Now a USC! The VJ is over!

Thanks Alex! I'm sure it should be just fine. Have written a letter with step by step instructions on the error, attached the email and very clearly marked the error on the package! Hopefully it's not too difficult for them to work out! LOL.

Well Lucky for me, I have another 6 weeks in Oz while I finish my current work contract and pack up my life.. so they have time to send back my visa. Too bad if I was flying out early next week, 'ey!? I guess they are not too concerned about those things.

Sounds like you and your wifey have settled nicely into life Alex, that's great news. So happy for you both!

Well i hope everyone is having a nice week.. almost the weekend!

P.S. i hope you're feeling better Kath!

Take care all.... HD.

Hubby's application for naturalisation submitted: 2006-01-05

Married in Melbourne: 2006-06-11

I-130 submitted: 2006/07/01

My interview in Sydney! APPROVED!!! 2008-01-22

Entry to the US: 2008-03-17

File for removal of conditions: 2009-12-17

Fingerprinting/biometrics: 2010-01-22

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

A silly question about the police check and finger prints (finally getting both outta the way tomorrow. w00t!)... Do I get back a copy of my finger prints with the clearance? If so, do I take it with me to the interview? Or does the consulate receive them? I'm kinda in the dark about the finger print part. Could anyone help clear that part up for me? Thanks, folks. :)

Timeline

Heya Katz! You wont get a copy of anything, but the police mail you a letter. It is one dumb stupid piece of paper that says you are cleared and they mail it to you or call you to come get it when it's ready.... it's an expensive piece of paper I might add. Yes take that as well as copies of it with you to the interview. *hugs*

Eeeeep! Card production ordered!

TIME LINE 2007

01/12/07-I Fly to Australia

01/25/07-We Got Married!

07/15/07-Point of Entry (K3 Visa)

K3 Time Line for the I-130, I-129F, EAD and AOS

usaCa.gifanimated-hearts.gifaustralC_1xa.gif

Lifting Conditions Timeline

11/06/09- Mailed Petition Via USPS Certified Mail

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/12/09- Return Receipt Arrives in Mail

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

11/27/09- Received Appointment Letter

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/08/10- Card Production Ordered (E-Mail)

01/09/10- Touched

01/14/10- Greencard Received

Timeline

Hi Katz

re:- the fingerprints yada yada .... my eldest son and I both had to do them, and here in SA - when the letter came back from them to say we were clear etc. they also sent back the original (fingerprinting) sheet so I have that as well (LOL... and copies too)... hey who REALLY ever said that there is a paperwork reduction act in place... certainly for this process there ISN'T with the amount of trees we are all taking down by making sure we have everything in duplicate (and then extra copies for just in case)..

Oh and thanks for the lead for that form as well, Wendy emailed it to me - SO YAY I can go ahead and get these silly medicals,bloods and xrays out of the way well in advance...

CONGRATS to everyone who have received their visas and NOA-2's and other stuff in the past week or so as well - HOW bloomin' EXCITING for you...

have a GREAT day folks

Tracy

:-)

26/9/2007 Steve posted I129F & check to CSC

27/9/2007 CSC received it at 9.00am - signed by D.Bohn

""at this point on my timeline it said adjucation could be around the 8th March 2008"" What the??

25/10/2007 NOA1 issued

26/10/2007 Check cashed

29/10/2007 NOA1-Hard Copy received ...

2/11/2007 Touched

4/11/2007 Touched

20/11/2007 Went to police station for fingerprinting and National police check

4/12/2007 Police called police & fingerprint check done and ready for my collection

(getting ahead of myself I know <grin> but want to get everything ready

and organised - so MUCH paperwork/costs when there is me AND kids involved)

13/1/2008 - The estimated date on my timeline for adjudication NOW SAYS 21st March... OUCHIE..

29/1/2008 - WOW the estimated date on my timeline NOW says 7th April.... COME ON FOLKS.. PLEASE UPDATE YOUR TIMELINES IF YOU HAVEN'T DONE SO... your updates help give number crunchers like myself something to gauge. 4th feb - all these approvals MUST be doing something, my timeline NOW says 2nd April...

5/2/08 - YAY YAY YAY.... NOA-2 approval via email from CRIS... WHOO HOOOOOOOOOOO.... the "estimated timeline said 31 March this morning just as an FYI for you all)

9/2/2008 Flying to Ohio to spend a bit of time with my darling man to arrange our wedding and also just to spend some time together :-)

31/5/2008 Our Wedding day (we think) <grin>

hi guys

i'm about to apply for the AOS ... and wondered - i live in california... so where do i send in the application to?

the same office that the original application for K1 visa was sent to?

Timeline

LOL - That's IT?! Damn... That IS a very expensive piece of paper. Argh... Oh well, it's finally done and over with. Sorta. I've just got to wait for the clearance to come back. :P

Patricia - I'm very glad that Wendy was able to help you out. Good luck with the x-rays. :thumbs:

Timeline

Just a quick question... How long does Sydney take to generate an interview date? And how long do they generally give you for one. I hope it's not a long wait... :unsure:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi everybody! (been a couple of weeks...)

Congrats to everyone who has either been approved, got an interview or finished their Medicals. Hurray!

Me? I have 3 more weeks left in beautiful Adelaide and then I'm off to Missouri! I've gotten rid of quite a bit of my stuff but haven't done any actual packing just yet. I'm a huge procrastinator :)

So, to those who have been through all this, got any tips? What should I REMEMBER to finish up/close up before I leave? Or just to do in general? I'm not going to close up my bank accounts just yet. What paperwork should I remember to bring along with me? I have to get my dental records and also optometrist stuff and medical records too. Anything else? I'm sure I'm forgetting something. HELP?!?!

And somebody reassure me that the way I'm feeling, ecstatic & excited one minute and completely depressed & upset the next is NORMAL? I'm so excited to be reunited to Zach (the anticipation is overwhelming) & to marry him but I'm also getting really upset that I'm leaving my Aussie life, my family, my friends and all things I'm familiar with. It's so upsetting. :(

Edited by patriciaofoz
swagbucks-173x63.jpg

Hi everybody! (been a couple of weeks...)

Congrats to everyone who has either been approved, got an interview or finished their Medicals. Hurray!

Me? I have 3 more weeks left in beautiful Adelaide and then I'm off to Missouri! I've gotten rid of quite a bit of my stuff but haven't done any actual packing just yet. I'm a huge procrastinator :)

So, to those who have been through all this, got any tips? What should I REMEMBER to finish up/close up before I leave? Or just to do in general? I'm not going to close up my bank accounts just yet. What paperwork should I remember to bring along with me? I have to get my dental records and also optometrist stuff and medical records too. Anything else? I'm sure I'm forgetting something. HELP?!?!

And somebody reassure me that the way I'm feeling, ecstatic & excited one minute and completely depressed & upset the next is NORMAL? I'm so excited to be reunited to Zach (the anticipation is overwhelming) & to marry him but I'm also getting really upset that I'm leaving my Aussie life, my family, my friends and all things I'm familiar with. It's so upsetting. :(

Hi Patricia,

I am the procrastinator from hell, so I completely relate! Actually, I procrastinate when it comes to procrastinating....lol :P I have fantasized countless times about being in your position, ready to leave for a new life in another country to be with my soon-to-be-husband, while at the same time letting go of everything I have known and loved here. At times it scares the #### outta me because I am really close to my family here but at the same time, I reassure myself that the world isn't as big as it used to be.....flights are cheaper, phone cards to call aussie land are cheap, email, cam and other devices have opened things up so much more. I also imagine my life without my fiance and I know damn well, I would be down here in aussie land miserable and incomplete.

What we do for love huh.... :blush:

Peta

CR-1/IR-1 Journey for Self

12th April 08 - Married in Australia

21st April 08 - Mailed off I-130 but with incorrect title on cheques

30th April 08 - USCIS returned petitions requesting correct title on cheques

2nd May 08 - Mailed out I-130s again! Finally on our way!!!

9th May 08 - NOA-1

7th Nov 08 - Tranferred to CSC

4th Dec 08 - Approved!!!

22nd Dec 08 - NVC # assigned

23rd June 09 - Case Complete at NVC (We slowed down the process on purpose to time interview accordingly)

18th August 09 - Medical

25th August 09 - Interview Date - Approved!!!

19th February 10 - POE L.A (No dramas, just SLOW)

2nd March 10 - Welcome to America Letter

Timeline

Katz, It only took Loke a couple of weeks to get an appointment from the time he sent his packet back, but the average time is four weeks. Just be sure you are ready because we had a close call on getting his medical back in time for his interview... it was scary. *hugs*

TIME LINE 2007

01/12/07-I Fly to Australia

01/25/07-We Got Married!

07/15/07-Point of Entry (K3 Visa)

K3 Time Line for the I-130, I-129F, EAD and AOS

usaCa.gifanimated-hearts.gifaustralC_1xa.gif

Lifting Conditions Timeline

11/06/09- Mailed Petition Via USPS Certified Mail

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/12/09- Return Receipt Arrives in Mail

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

11/27/09- Received Appointment Letter

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/08/10- Card Production Ordered (E-Mail)

01/09/10- Touched

01/14/10- Greencard Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.