aussiewench

LAND DOWNUNDER

4,678 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey guys! Well, I got the email today that my Green card has been ordered!!!!! WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO!

Finally!

AOS

September 25th 2007-Sent AOS package-recieved 27th.

October 5th-Recieved NOA for AOS & EAD

October 9th-Recieved biometrics app letter

October 22nd-Biometrics app

November 5th-Recieved RFE

November 22nd-Sent evidence

November 27th-Touched-Case resumed

November 30th-Touched

December 17th-Transferred to CSC

January 7th 2008-EAD card ordered

January 16th-EAD card in my hot little hand!

January 22nd-Green card ordered!!!!!

January 28th-Green card in my hand!

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Hey guys! Well, I got the email today that my Green card has been ordered!!!!! WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO!

Finally!

Congrats Kelli!

I-130

02/17/2007 - I-130 Express Mailed to VSC via USPS. (ETA 2/19/2007)

02/22/2007 - I-130 received by VSC.

06/12/2007 - NOA2 approval email received!!!

06/15/2007 - NOA2 letter received in the mail.

NVC

06/19/2007 - NVC receives case and assigns a case number!

08/27/2007 - CASE COMPLETE!!!!

09/06/2007 - Case forwarded to Sydney

09/14/2007 - Wife receives Packet 3. Received NVC letter confirming case forward to Sydney.

10/26/2007 - Interview - VISA GRANTED!!!!! WOOO WOOO!!!!!!

11/18/2007 - Enter the US via LAX (POE). No issues thankfully. 20 minutes of processing.

11/30/2007 - Welcome letter (two of them) received.

12/19/2007 - CR-1 Green Card received.

USCIS - I-751

09/23/2009 - Express Mailed Removal of Conditions application

09/24/2009 - USPS confirmed delivery to VSC

09/29/2009 - Check cashed by USCIS

10/01/2009 - Received NOA I-797C dated 09/25/2009

10/10/2009 - Received Biometric appt letter for 10/29/2009

10/29/2009 - Biometrics taken. Whole process took about 40 min including the wait

12/22/2009 - Approved for ROC!

01/08/2010 - Received text and email: Card production ordered

01/15/2010 - Received Green Card in the mail!

USCIS - N-400

04/22/2011 - Express Mailed Application for Naturalization

04/27/2011 - Check cashed by USCIS

04/28/2011 - Received NOA I-797C dated 04/26/2011

05/27/2011 - Biometrics taken. Process took approx 35 min with wait

07/29/2011 - Received Interview Appt letter scheduled for 09/01/2011 dated 07/26/2011

09/01/2011 - Interview and Oath. Now a USC! The VJ is over!

HOORAY!! My visa arrived in the mail today! Such an exciting day! :D

Only thing is, on the cover sheet that's stuck to the top of the packet I am to hand over to border protection at my first POA, they mispelled my maiden name!! Do you think this is an issue? No issues with the actual visa inside my passport..

Well anyway................. I am so happy and called hubby to give him the delightful news. It was kind of like an "it's official" call.. he's gone out for a celebration drink with the boys from his ship!

Take care and thanks again to all of you lovely people for your help and encouragement.. HD.

Hubby's application for naturalisation submitted: 2006-01-05

Married in Melbourne: 2006-06-11

I-130 submitted: 2006/07/01

My interview in Sydney! APPROVED!!! 2008-01-22

Entry to the US: 2008-03-17

File for removal of conditions: 2009-12-17

Fingerprinting/biometrics: 2010-01-22

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Only thing is, on the cover sheet that's stuck to the top of the packet I am to hand over to border protection at my first POA, they mispelled my maiden name!! Do you think this is an issue? No issues with the actual visa inside my passport..

Well anyway................. I am so happy and called hubby to give him the delightful news. It was kind of like an "it's official" call.. he's gone out for a celebration drink with the boys from his ship!

Take care and thanks again to all of you lovely people for your help and encouragement.. HD.

Congrats!

If the Maiden name is correct inside the visa stamp then I think you'll be fine but you can always email the IV unit to be sure. Just state that the envelope cover page has your maiden name spelled incorrectly but the visa stamp is ok. See what they want to do. Are you flying ot anytime soon? Are you still in Sydney?

I will confirm this though...the information inside that mysterious brown envelope is basically all your paperwork...so as long as that has been correct you'll be fine (and you have copies so you know what you gave them. That is what the POE will process ultimately. If the IV unit says it's ok, just point it out to the POE officer once you get into the US. Tell them what the IV unit said to you (and have a copy of the email just in case). Once they check the visa and the paperwork inside, it will clearly state the correct spelling (I mean it has your birth cert, police cert, etc).

In our case, the folks there made an annotation at the bottom of the visa and had my wife's mother's maiden name as her last name! This was listed in both the visa stamp and the cover page. However, the middle name was spelled correctly on both. (Annotation area at the bottom of the envelope cover page and the visa is some extra notes section).

We were already scheduled to leave the following day when they finally got back to us via email (phone wasn't an option as you probably know). We went there the Friday before our flight and they all huddled and told us that the paperwork inside was correct as well as my wife's middle name. They said the POE officers might even ignore the annotation section (which they did).

Good luck and congrats again! I'm pretty sure everything will be fine. The fact that it's right on the visa is what really matters.

I-130

02/17/2007 - I-130 Express Mailed to VSC via USPS. (ETA 2/19/2007)

02/22/2007 - I-130 received by VSC.

06/12/2007 - NOA2 approval email received!!!

06/15/2007 - NOA2 letter received in the mail.

NVC

06/19/2007 - NVC receives case and assigns a case number!

08/27/2007 - CASE COMPLETE!!!!

09/06/2007 - Case forwarded to Sydney

09/14/2007 - Wife receives Packet 3. Received NVC letter confirming case forward to Sydney.

10/26/2007 - Interview - VISA GRANTED!!!!! WOOO WOOO!!!!!!

11/18/2007 - Enter the US via LAX (POE). No issues thankfully. 20 minutes of processing.

11/30/2007 - Welcome letter (two of them) received.

12/19/2007 - CR-1 Green Card received.

USCIS - I-751

09/23/2009 - Express Mailed Removal of Conditions application

09/24/2009 - USPS confirmed delivery to VSC

09/29/2009 - Check cashed by USCIS

10/01/2009 - Received NOA I-797C dated 09/25/2009

10/10/2009 - Received Biometric appt letter for 10/29/2009

10/29/2009 - Biometrics taken. Whole process took about 40 min including the wait

12/22/2009 - Approved for ROC!

01/08/2010 - Received text and email: Card production ordered

01/15/2010 - Received Green Card in the mail!

USCIS - N-400

04/22/2011 - Express Mailed Application for Naturalization

04/27/2011 - Check cashed by USCIS

04/28/2011 - Received NOA I-797C dated 04/26/2011

05/27/2011 - Biometrics taken. Process took approx 35 min with wait

07/29/2011 - Received Interview Appt letter scheduled for 09/01/2011 dated 07/26/2011

09/01/2011 - Interview and Oath. Now a USC! The VJ is over!

Congrats!

If the Maiden name is correct inside the visa stamp then I think you'll be fine but you can always email the IV unit to be sure. Just state that the envelope cover page has your maiden name spelled incorrectly but the visa stamp is ok. See what they want to do. Are you flying ot anytime soon? Are you still in Sydney?

I will confirm this though...the information inside that mysterious brown envelope is basically all your paperwork...so as long as that has been correct you'll be fine (and you have copies so you know what you gave them. That is what the POE will process ultimately. If the IV unit says it's ok, just point it out to the POE officer once you get into the US. Tell them what the IV unit said to you (and have a copy of the email just in case). Once they check the visa and the paperwork inside, it will clearly state the correct spelling (I mean it has your birth cert, police cert, etc).

In our case, the folks there made an annotation at the bottom of the visa and had my wife's mother's maiden name as her last name! This was listed in both the visa stamp and the cover page. However, the middle name was spelled correctly on both. (Annotation area at the bottom of the envelope cover page and the visa is some extra notes section).

We were already scheduled to leave the following day when they finally got back to us via email (phone wasn't an option as you probably know). We went there the Friday before our flight and they all huddled and told us that the paperwork inside was correct as well as my wife's middle name. They said the POE officers might even ignore the annotation section (which they did).

Good luck and congrats again! I'm pretty sure everything will be fine. The fact that it's right on the visa is what really matters.

Hey - thanks Alex! I popped the IV unit in Sydney an email this morning saying just that.. let's see what they say!I'm sure it wont be a problem, as you say, the visa is correct and so is all of the paperwork inside confirming my details.. so that's the main thing!

I remember you telling the story about your visa, it's hard to believe they can mess up something so basic! I mean, it's all there on personal documentation!

Wow - I am so excited! i think my husband and I are both walking around with our heads in the clouds right now, almost in disbelief that we can finally set up our new home and share a life that was meant to be ours!! Our lives have not been together for a solid period of time since we lived in Dubai together.. we left there 2.5 years ago now.. my move is so surreal!

Hawaiian dreams have finally become Hawaiian reality... LOL. (L) HD.

Edited by hawaiiandreams

Hi all,

It's been a while since I've been here and it is good to see so many visa's being granted!!

Anway, here is a site that may be of use to you. If you have excess luggage or have items you need to ship to the US from OZ this may be helpful..

www.xsbagsandboxes.com.au

I haven't used it just saw an ad for it today.

11-05-06 Sent I-130 to California

06-01-07 INTERVIEW

06-04-07 Received VISA in the mail. Silly Consulate issued me CR-1 instead of IR-1, no time to change it in Australia, will try to change it once in California.

06-10-07 POE SFO

06-21-07 Receive SSN#

07-12-07 Receive Green Card in the mail STILL HAD CR1 INSTEAD OF IR1

12-10-07 Finally sent I-90 asking for a new green card with correct info.

06-17-08 INFOPASS - Was told USCIS sent new green card to old address back in Jan. Will resend it but may not be able to correct error as it was made by Consulate not USCIS.

What to do now??

Congrats--and thanks for giving the details of your interview. We are up soon--Feb. 8--and hope that all goes smoothly.

Timeline

Awe it is so great to come here and see everyone so happy and excited. Congratulations to all of you *hugs*

TIME LINE 2007

01/12/07-I Fly to Australia

01/25/07-We Got Married!

07/15/07-Point of Entry (K3 Visa)

K3 Time Line for the I-130, I-129F, EAD and AOS

usaCa.gifanimated-hearts.gifaustralC_1xa.gif

Lifting Conditions Timeline

11/06/09- Mailed Petition Via USPS Certified Mail

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/12/09- Return Receipt Arrives in Mail

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

11/27/09- Received Appointment Letter

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/08/10- Card Production Ordered (E-Mail)

01/09/10- Touched

01/14/10- Greencard Received

Congrats--and thanks for giving the details of your interview. We are up soon--Feb. 8--and hope that all goes smoothly.

Hi Aussiewoife - thanks we are really excited! I hope the info I posted was helpful.. if you want to know anything else, just drop me a line. Probably one of the most important pieces of advice that was given to me was to RELAX and BREATHE (thanks Kath ;-). The interview is really no big deal and I got myself all worried about it for no good reason. Also the part about getting there 45 mins early is also good advice (thanks Alex!).. just to give you time to find the lift and get through the security check points..

The people at the consulate are really nice! Good luck!

Take care..

hiya HD

good to hear your passport arrived safely for you...hope you get a reply from sydney soon about the maiden name being incorrect ..but as alex said dont worry too much as long as the visa has everything correct on it mate you will be right...

me i got a cold at the mo and i am hating it ...not a good patient lol..im always the one that is the carer not the receiver...

take care

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

I have followed your case most closely because it is the closest in time to ours, and yes your comments have been very helpful. Less than two weeks now--the countdown begins!! We just don't want anything to go wrong at ths point in the game. I don't think it will, since everything has been smooth sailing thus far, but you never know.

Cheers!

Hi Aussiewoife - thanks we are really excited! I hope the info I posted was helpful.. if you want to know anything else, just drop me a line. Probably one of the most important pieces of advice that was given to me was to RELAX and BREATHE (thanks Kath ;-). The interview is really no big deal and I got myself all worried about it for no good reason. Also the part about getting there 45 mins early is also good advice (thanks Alex!).. just to give you time to find the lift and get through the security check points..

The people at the consulate are really nice! Good luck!

Take care..

Hi Everyone, just wanted to touch base. Congrats on all the approvals! HD becoming H-reality, I love that! :D It looks like 2008 is starting off on a positive note.

Well its the 10 week countdown until my Sweetheart arrives here from Houston and 11 weeks until our aussie-based wedding here in Cairns. We are planning an informal affair, just close friends and family. My next door neighbour works on one of the Islands here off of the Great Barrier Reef and will be getting us a huge discount on accomodation and outer reef trips. Don't worry, I'll be sure to stay away from the stingrays......lol damn.

Oh I phoned Births, Deaths and Marriages and was told that if the celebrant/minister writes URGENT on the paperwork for registration of the marriage, they will start processing it as soon as it gets there. Like i said, we are desperately wanting the marriage certificate in our hot little hands so we can start this monstrosity.

Enjoy whats left of the long-weekend,

Peta

CR-1/IR-1 Journey for Self

12th April 08 - Married in Australia

21st April 08 - Mailed off I-130 but with incorrect title on cheques

30th April 08 - USCIS returned petitions requesting correct title on cheques

2nd May 08 - Mailed out I-130s again! Finally on our way!!!

9th May 08 - NOA-1

7th Nov 08 - Tranferred to CSC

4th Dec 08 - Approved!!!

22nd Dec 08 - NVC # assigned

23rd June 09 - Case Complete at NVC (We slowed down the process on purpose to time interview accordingly)

18th August 09 - Medical

25th August 09 - Interview Date - Approved!!!

19th February 10 - POE L.A (No dramas, just SLOW)

2nd March 10 - Welcome to America Letter

Timeline

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On January 25, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service.

YAY !!!!!

Dearest Friends,

I can't even begin to express how much this really means to us. Loke and I have worked so hard to get where we are today. Our wedding anniversary is January 25th so it only seemed fitting that the government would finally send us the offical approval of his permanent residence on this day.

I wanted to share this with you all because it has so much meaning for us. Thank you all for your support while we have gone through this. There have been many up's and downs throughout the whole ordeal and we could not have done this without our friends and family.

We love you guys!

TIME LINE 2007

01/12/07-I Fly to Australia

01/25/07-We Got Married!

07/15/07-Point of Entry (K3 Visa)

K3 Time Line for the I-130, I-129F, EAD and AOS

usaCa.gifanimated-hearts.gifaustralC_1xa.gif

Lifting Conditions Timeline

11/06/09- Mailed Petition Via USPS Certified Mail

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/12/09- Return Receipt Arrives in Mail

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

11/27/09- Received Appointment Letter

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/08/10- Card Production Ordered (E-Mail)

01/09/10- Touched

01/14/10- Greencard Received

Timeline

Congrats Rings!!!! You both deserve this!!

Well, I got the notice in the mail today that my AOS was approved, then opened another letter and there it was....my Green card!!!

I am still waiting to hear back from Wal Mart.....it is soooooooo annoying!

Hope everyone is doing well!

AOS

September 25th 2007-Sent AOS package-recieved 27th.

October 5th-Recieved NOA for AOS & EAD

October 9th-Recieved biometrics app letter

October 22nd-Biometrics app

November 5th-Recieved RFE

November 22nd-Sent evidence

November 27th-Touched-Case resumed

November 30th-Touched

December 17th-Transferred to CSC

January 7th 2008-EAD card ordered

January 16th-EAD card in my hot little hand!

January 22nd-Green card ordered!!!!!

January 28th-Green card in my hand!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.