aussiewench

LAND DOWNUNDER

4,678 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Whoo-hoo! Finally got packet three yesterday! It all seems fairly straight forward... Although that's not stopping me from worrying about it all anyway. Haha. I've filled out the national police clearance already (downloaded the forms from www.afp.gov.au ) and then it'll be a quick trip to the cop shop for finger printing later (hopefully!).

Is it just form "DS-2301 Immigrant Visa Application Part 1, Biographic Data" that I send back? Do I have to send it with the "Applicant's Statement of Readiness To Be Interviewed" form, or can it be separate?

Oh boy... Don't get me started on the medical stuff! Haha. Do I fill anything out on the forms or is it all for the doctor to do? Even after reading the instructions and the forms over and over, I'm still kinda confused. Any advice would be very much appreciated... :help:

Sorry to bug you all... I feel so very nervous already. :o

Yay for Packet 3! I remember that feeling...seems like months and months ago!

Send the DS-2301 ASAP (says she who took a week to send it back :) ). You send the Interview one later on, when you've collated everything (says she who send it a wee bit early and therefore got an earlier interview date). Seriously, I didn't follow ALL the rules but I think it's worked out for the best.

As for the medicals, boy, that also seems like a lifetime ago (or rather, I've decided to just blur it out of my memory). From memory the only things I filled out are when I got my X-Ray and also when I had my final medical. I visited the Doctor twice (one to get my HIV/Syphilis test and X-Ray) and then the actual examination. I found my first visit to be really helpful and the lady who helped me out was really thorough and very, very helpful. They'll guide you through it because they've done it a billion and two times before. Also, my Dr. sent me their very own "instructions", and it's a step by step guide - this would have been useful to be given by the Consulate, but alas they don't. So maybe call your Dr. and see whether they have a similar guide.

Enjoy the joys of Packet 3!!! If you have any other specific questions, let us know!

Oh thank you so much for your help! *bows*

So... What exactly happens at the actual examination? I don't have a complete record of what vaccinations I've had... Does that matter? :unsure:

Once again... Thank you!

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi katz

as i said in my post..go to your local doctor and ask for blood tests relating to your age group on the sheet in packet 3 to see which ones you are ammuned to...ask the pathologist to put these tests on medicare..get your doctor to print out the results on his letter head...also you can get the syphillis and hiv testing done...the x-rays you have to pay for which the medical examiner will schedule for you...take these results to the medical examination...

at the examination they take blood pressure ask your weight and take your height heart examination pulse and so forth...there are other posts recently that explained this also..

good luck

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
So... What exactly happens at the actual examination? I don't have a complete record of what vaccinations I've had... Does that matter? :unsure:

Once again... Thank you!

As Kath suggested, go to your local Dr. and get an Immunity Test. Not sure how old you are but if you're 27 (like me) all I needed to get done as Tetanus/Diptheria, Mumps/Measles/Rubella, Chickenpox and...Varicella (I hope that's all the right names). Packet 3 should have the chart that you need to base it on. And while you're getting that done, might aswell include HIV/Syphilis (I didn't know about this so I had to get it done at my first visit with the Panel Physician). If you're missing any of the required vaccines, get it done at your local Dr., I'm sure it'll be cheaper (if you're poor like me, I found a community immunisation clinic and I got my Tetanus/Diptheria for free - just make sure you ask for a results sheet/letter from them).

The final examination was quick and painless. Few questions (that are on the Medical Examination Sheet), he checked my weight, asked what my height was, made me lie down on the bed and he listened to my heart and pressed down my sternum. And then that was it!

swagbucks-173x63.jpg

Timeline

Once again... Thank you!

As Kath suggested, go to your local Dr. and get an Immunity Test. Not sure how old you are but if you're 27 (like me) all I needed to get done as Tetanus/Diptheria, Mumps/Measles/Rubella, Chickenpox and...Varicella (I hope that's all the right names). Packet 3 should have the chart that you need to base it on. And while you're getting that done, might aswell include HIV/Syphilis (I didn't know about this so I had to get it done at my first visit with the Panel Physician). If you're missing any of the required vaccines, get it done at your local Dr., I'm sure it'll be cheaper (if you're poor like me, I found a community immunisation clinic and I got my Tetanus/Diptheria for free - just make sure you ask for a results sheet/letter from them).

The final examination was quick and painless. Few questions (that are on the Medical Examination Sheet), he checked my weight, asked what my height was, made me lie down on the bed and he listened to my heart and pressed down my sternum. And then that was it!

Fantastic! Thank you for the info! I've made the appointment for Tuesday next week. Never thought I'd say this... But I can't wait for it (to be over and done with, that is.). Haha.

hey guys finally ran into a hiccup lol

went to pick up our marriage certificate yesterday but it wasnt recorded, they HAD recieved it but not yet imputted it into the system.... so i have a copy of the license/marriage certificate that the preacher gave us. do you think that will be enough to be able to use to file for the AOS?

its a customer copy signed and dated by the preacher with a witness.....

thoughts? i have to file before 4th feb - and they said it could be another couple of weeks... but we're going back on friday to give them another work week to do it....

we got married 15th december....

Timeline
i have a copy of the license/marriage certificate that the preacher gave us. do you think that will be enough to be able to use to file for the AOS?

thoughts? i have to file before 4th feb

Sharyna,

congratulations on your recent wedding! You don't "have to" file before your I-94 expires. You only had to get married by then. Getting married makes your status ok untill you file and are approved for AOS. Just file as soon as you can, so you get your GC sooner and all the "perks" that come with it :)

I don't think marriage licence you got from the preacher would be accepted. Those are more for your record, but they are not an official government document. Don't stress though - just wait for your regular marriage cert and file after you get it.

A big hello and best wishes to everyone else !

I129F process:

20 July '06- I129F filed with CSC (Got a lawyer - BIG MISTAKE... Didn't know of VJ!!!)

28 July '06 - NOA1

08 Dec '06 - NOA2

06 Feb '07 - medical

12 Mar '07 ----- INTERVIEW ----- A P P R O V E D -----

4 Apr '07 - US entry - San Francisco

1 July '07 - MARRIED in SF :)

AOS process (after K-1):

24 July '07 - AOS application received by Chicago Office

09 August '07 - Biometrics appt letter

24 August '07 - RFE for I-485 (incomplete tax info sent!)

28 August '07 - NOA letters for AOS, EAD and AP

29 August '07 - Biometrics

AP - 12 October '07 - hard copy: multiple travel, valid 12 months

EAD - 18 October '07 - hard copy: valid from the date of 1st notice of card production

SSN - 30 October '07 (married name), applied Oct 18, same day I got my EAD

DL - 11 December '07 - driving test at DMV San Francisco. Yay! Now I can drive on the "wrong" side of the road!

21 November '07 - AOS Interview (Letter rec'd Oct 15) ----- A P P R O V E D ----- A P P R O V E D ----- A P P R O V E D -----

07 December '07 - GREENCARD IN MAIL

Peace and quiet... apply for removal of conditions - August 2009!

Once again... Thank you!

Hi All

Well I am back in the land of Oz after another sad farewell at Honolulu airport yesterday morning.. :crying: We are trying to tell ourselves this goodbye is different as we know my next entry to the US will be on a one way ticket (with any luck!! :-)).

I collected my medical report from the panel physician today so I'm all ready to go! Hotel and flights all booked! Sydney, here we come!

Thanks to ALL for helping with my questions. I have been a complete stress head about all of this.. a little time away and reunion with my hubby has reassured me that all will be JUST FINE. :D

Katz - Pat and Kath's advice on the medical helped me, I got the immunity tests and had all of the necessary shots Pat mentioned above (I'm 28). I took documentation of all immunisations administered with me to my medical. he said I did not require anything further. Just a note on the HIV and Syphalis test though, although I got it ahead of time (from my GP), the panel physician said he could not accept it and I would need to have it done again! So wait for the actual medical for that one, no point in having your blood taken twice like I did!

Hubby's application for naturalisation submitted: 2006-01-05

Married in Melbourne: 2006-06-11

I-130 submitted: 2006/07/01

My interview in Sydney! APPROVED!!! 2008-01-22

Entry to the US: 2008-03-17

File for removal of conditions: 2009-12-17

Fingerprinting/biometrics: 2010-01-22

P.S. Still a little confused about the $120.00 payment I read about in Pat's posting a few pages back. Anyone know if this also applies to CR-1 visa's also or is this only for K1/K3 categories? I didn't read anything about it in the set of instructions I received from the consulate so I'm assuming it does not apply to me but just want to be sure..

Timeline
we got married 15th december....

Congrats on the wedding, Sharyna! (I can't wait for mine...)

...and mine will be APRIL 5th!!!! We sealed the date today with the priest. So happy! And appropriately enough, we found out our date exactly a year to our "second" wedding (aka the non-rushed-one). Yipe, we get married a second time around (it's more of a renewal of vows) this time next year. Joy.

Welcome back to Oz, HD. Great to hear you had a lovely time with your husband. And yes, the excitement of KNOWING that the next time you go to the airport it's for THAT flight is....too much to bare! YOu'll get there soon enough!

Sorry, can't help you with the $120 fee - I only know the K1 rules and that's enough for me :) If it's not on your checklist from the Consulate then it must not be required. Perhaps check the flowcharts for your appropriate visa somewhere on here.

So you'll be in Sydney on January 22nd!? Me too - I'll be there for the week for my work! If you're free in the evening and got no one to hang out with, maybe we can meet up for a drink and celebrate! :D

Edited by patriciaofoz
swagbucks-173x63.jpg

Timeline

Kath, Patriciaofoz, and Hawaiiandreams, thank you all so much for your kind patience and VERY helpful advice...You've all saved me one big headache! Haha. (L)(F)

Everything seems all set at the moment... Biographic Data form was sent to Sydney today... Medical(s) appointment made... Finger print appointment set... Just gotta play the waiting game now.

I do, however, have a few more questions (as I always do seem to do :blush:) if that's cool with you guys? Now, on the visa instructions it says I have to take 3 passport photos with me to the medical. The woman at the panel physician's office said I only needed one. Is that right? If not... What are the other two photos for? I'll be taking them with me anyway... I just thought it was odd that she said only one. O_o

The finger prints... What exactly happens with those? I'm really in the dark about that little part of the process. I have to go to the Australian Federal Police here in Perth (the earliest appointment date they had was February 1st!). Local cop shops don't do that anymore (and my clearance application has to be sent to the ACT and processed there.) What a pain.

And lastly... Form DS-156... The one I have to fill out online: can that be done at anytime? I was going to fill it out today, but I wasn't sure what happens to it once I clicked "continue" at the bottom of the screen. Does it get sent off somewhere online?

Timeline
Now, on the visa instructions it says I have to take 3 passport photos with me to the medical. The woman at the panel physician's office said I only needed one. Is that right? If not... What are the other two photos for? I'll be taking them with me anyway... I just thought it was odd that she said only one. O_o

I took 3 photos with me and they were all used for my medicals. They used for my X-Ray Form. One for the Blood Test Form. And the last one for the main medical examination form (it actually has a "bit" for the photo). So unless they do things differently at that clinic, not sure why you wouldn't use all of them. But yeah, bring them all along just in case.

The finger prints... What exactly happens with those? I'm really in the dark about that little part of the process. I have to go to the Australian Federal Police here in Perth (the earliest appointment date they had was February 1st!). Local cop shops don't do that anymore (and my clearance application has to be sent to the ACT and processed there.) What a pain.

The fingerprinting is just standard procedure and something that checks that you have no criminal history.

And lastly... Form DS-156... The one I have to fill out online: can that be done at anytime? I was going to fill it out today, but I wasn't sure what happens to it once I clicked "continue" at the bottom of the screen. Does it get sent off somewhere online?

Hahaha. I re-did that DS-156 form something like 6 times before I got it all right so go nuts :D

swagbucks-173x63.jpg

Kath, Patriciaofoz, and Hawaiiandreams, thank you all so much for your kind patience and VERY helpful advice...You've all saved me one big headache! Haha. (L)(F)

Everything seems all set at the moment... Biographic Data form was sent to Sydney today... Medical(s) appointment made... Finger print appointment set... Just gotta play the waiting game now.

I do, however, have a few more questions (as I always do seem to do :blush:) if that's cool with you guys? Now, on the visa instructions it says I have to take 3 passport photos with me to the medical. The woman at the panel physician's office said I only needed one. Is that right? If not... What are the other two photos for? I'll be taking them with me anyway... I just thought it was odd that she said only one. O_o

Hey pat - thanks so much! :D i think this time around brings more feelings of exitement and joy rather than the sadness of seperation. I am so excited about my husband and I finally building a life together! :dance:

Thanks anyway Re: the $120.00 post office payment...there was nothing about this in packets 3/4 about me having to make any additional payments so I can only assume it does not apply to CR1.

Oh, so excited about your wedding. How wonderful.. enjoy the preps! Also would love to catch up in SYD.. I will arrive on night of the 21st at around 8 if you fancy a little celebration drink the night before my interview! Are you available? let me know and I'll send you my mobile number via message!

Oh, by the way, did you certify the copies of document you took to your interview (birth certificates etc)? Or just take the copies?

Hiya Katz... always happy to help with what I know! I just went through the passport picture saga.. basically i was told to take 3 pics to the medical also. But the panel physician only used one. When I collected my medical report yesterday I asked what the story was and why the other 2 weren't used when the consulate had specified "take 3 passport pics". The receptionist went back and checked with the doctor and he said sometimes they need to use additional pics for the blood tests but in my case this was not required. The consulate just sends out one set of instructions but it may not apply to all. Take them along just in a case. As I seem to recall, Pat's panel physican used all 3! Better to be safe than sorry I say.

As far as the police certifiocate goes, you will go along and have all of your prints taken. They will conduct a national name search and finger print check. In exchange for your 120 or so bucks you will receive a certificate with your name on it from the police in the mail within 10 days. I can not comment on the DS-156 as I was never asked to send this. I got my intedate right away!

Take care guys.. HD.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

HAPPY NEW YEAR FOLKS....

:thumbs: Yay to everyone starting the year off with excitement :thumbs: Pat CONGRATULATIONS on your interview girlie.. HOW exciting...

Katz...

can you PLEASE do me a HUGE HUGE favor being that you are the most recent to have received Packet 3 from Sydney... let me know if it was only the following 4 forms..

and could you please check the top right hand corner of the ones you received for the "expiry date"

Only reason I ask is that up until Xmas they were available as downloadables from the Sydney US consulate website, but now they are not LOL... typical - and I want to check whether or not the ones that I downloaded are the most recent..

For example the forms that I currently have

DS2053

DS3024

DS3025

DS3026

all have an expiry date of May 2007 in that top corner. Is that the same as what you have or different?? If different would you be so kind to scan in the new forms (good print quality resolution) and post them in the VJ gallery for folks to download..

It's just that I am jumping the gun a little :whistle: LOL... I am not expecting my NOA2 until either late this month, or sometime in February - and really not expecting the interview till April... HOWEVER I am actually flying over to the USA on the 7th Feb to spend Feb and March with my darling man - purely to do some pre-wedding organising and other stuff, and it is much better than hanging out here (even though I am leaving my kiddos behind with their Dad during that time) - but they will be back at school, and now that my house was sold and we are only a fortnight away from moving out of it - all my stuff is packed, all I would be doing is sitting around in an empty hollow house all day twiddling my thumbs LOL... yadda yadda yadda... LOL.. However I expect that during my absence that Packet 3 will turn up, and I will have EVERYTHING ready to go, my eldest son and I have already done our police and fingerprint checks, I have all birth certs, divorce papers, affadavits (re: permission for the kids moving) and I also am pre-doing the medicals (we have an appointment for next week), so that while I am away - as soon as that Packet turns up (my ex) is kindly posting off the statement of readiness for me (grin - already signed - just waiting for the file number - all paperwork required is ready and sitting in a folder - and what isn't I will accumulate while I am in the USA)... I tell yah making all these arrangements for one person is hectic, when you are doing it with kiddos as well - ahhhhhh juggling time frames, appointments, airfares, school and more is just CRAZY...

have a GREAT day (and thanks in advance)

Tracy

;-)

26/9/2007 Steve posted I129F & check to CSC

27/9/2007 CSC received it at 9.00am - signed by D.Bohn

""at this point on my timeline it said adjucation could be around the 8th March 2008"" What the??

25/10/2007 NOA1 issued

26/10/2007 Check cashed

29/10/2007 NOA1-Hard Copy received ...

2/11/2007 Touched

4/11/2007 Touched

20/11/2007 Went to police station for fingerprinting and National police check

4/12/2007 Police called police & fingerprint check done and ready for my collection

(getting ahead of myself I know <grin> but want to get everything ready

and organised - so MUCH paperwork/costs when there is me AND kids involved)

13/1/2008 - The estimated date on my timeline for adjudication NOW SAYS 21st March... OUCHIE..

29/1/2008 - WOW the estimated date on my timeline NOW says 7th April.... COME ON FOLKS.. PLEASE UPDATE YOUR TIMELINES IF YOU HAVEN'T DONE SO... your updates help give number crunchers like myself something to gauge. 4th feb - all these approvals MUST be doing something, my timeline NOW says 2nd April...

5/2/08 - YAY YAY YAY.... NOA-2 approval via email from CRIS... WHOO HOOOOOOOOOOO.... the "estimated timeline said 31 March this morning just as an FYI for you all)

9/2/2008 Flying to Ohio to spend a bit of time with my darling man to arrange our wedding and also just to spend some time together :-)

31/5/2008 Our Wedding day (we think) <grin>

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.