aussiewench

LAND DOWNUNDER

4,678 posts in this topic

Congratulations Pat! I am very excited for you guys! I hope you get the rest sorted out asap and your passport is back in your hands asap with visa! :D

As for me an my hubby, we are still enjoying a little vacation time.. I'm back in Oz next week so I'll need to collect my medical report (that should be just about ready for me to collect from the panel physician upon my return) for my interview on Jan 22nd.

Just curious about the discussion regarding $120.00 and a receipt from the post office... I have not heard anything about this previously. Any chnace this only applies to K1/K3 visa's?!

Bye for now & take care.

HD.

Hubby's application for naturalisation submitted: 2006-01-05

Married in Melbourne: 2006-06-11

I-130 submitted: 2006/07/01

My interview in Sydney! APPROVED!!! 2008-01-22

Entry to the US: 2008-03-17

File for removal of conditions: 2009-12-17

Fingerprinting/biometrics: 2010-01-22

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
Aw Pat that is awesome!! Congrats!!!!! When are you going to leave?

I'm looking at a late Feb. departure. It's my little sister's Sweet 16 on the 21st and I really want to be here for it. So it looks like a late Feb. departure from Adelaide and hopefully the wedding about 4 weeks after that.

Great to hear you're enjoying time with your husband, HD. All the best with your medicals - I'm sure it'll all be good.

swagbucks-173x63.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Awesome news patricia *hugs*

TIME LINE 2007

01/12/07-I Fly to Australia

01/25/07-We Got Married!

07/15/07-Point of Entry (K3 Visa)

K3 Time Line for the I-130, I-129F, EAD and AOS

usaCa.gifanimated-hearts.gifaustralC_1xa.gif

Lifting Conditions Timeline

11/06/09- Mailed Petition Via USPS Certified Mail

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/12/09- Return Receipt Arrives in Mail

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

11/27/09- Received Appointment Letter

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/08/10- Card Production Ordered (E-Mail)

01/09/10- Touched

01/14/10- Greencard Received

Timeline

Congrats Patricia! So glad that it worked out well for you. :D

Quick question to anyone... Does packet three need to be signed for, or is it delivered like regular mail?

Timeline
Congrats Patricia! So glad that it worked out well for you. :D

Quick question to anyone... Does packet three need to be signed for, or is it delivered like regular mail?

Thanks, guys!

Packet 3 (actually NONE of the letters from the US Consulate) doesn't need to be signed.

swagbucks-173x63.jpg

congrats pat...the interview is about the easiest part of the whole journey i reckon...

katz packet 3 is delivered by normal mail ... does not need to be signed for at all...

hi ya rings and loke nice to see ya....

no news here life is good...had a bit more snow beginning of the week but nothing more than an inch..been cold though got down to -11c the otehr night...im amazed how much i have adjusted to that kinda weather...it dont bother me much..must be the melbournian in me with our cold winds there ...

take care

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

hi everyone!! sorry 've been away, i've had the flu - and gotten married all in the last few weeks...

i'm glad to hear all is well.......

can someone remind me - do i need to apply for the AOS before my 3 month expiry date?... i'm getting my marriage certificate next week....

i'll check back soon!!

hi ya

sharyna

sorry to hear you been sick with the flu...how did the wedding go hope you werent too sick on the day...pics woman pics lol

you have to apply before you I-94 (white card in your passport you got at POE) expires..I have read where cases of after the expiry date they still got approved..

hope all is going well for you and your enjoying the american winter..

take care

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

2nd December..

hi ya

sharyna

sorry to hear you been sick with the flu...how did the wedding go hope you werent too sick on the day...pics woman pics lol

you have to apply before you I-94 (white card in your passport you got at POE) expires..I have read where cases of after the expiry date they still got approved..

hope all is going well for you and your enjoying the american winter..

take care

kath

hey kath

wedding went well - we're applying for the Aos about 2 weeks before POE expires.... so should be fine....

as soon as i get the pics ordered.. i'll be posting lol

hope your doing well?

katz!!

thanks! i'm doing much better with the flu now... get to get used to the cold brrrrrr heheehhe

Timeline

Hi Kath *hugs* awe I have missed you! I hope that you are doing well and that things are getting along for you here in America. how is the job going? Send Rob hugs from us!

Sharyna, I hope you get better :( I hate being sick. Awe do you have wedding photos??? I bet it was wonderful. I can't wait to see them! You should adjust status as soon as possible sweety.

Hello everyone!!!

Loke and I are doing well. I am getting nervous. We have tripple checked our paperwork and I got a letter from the mobile home park on their letterhead stating that he lives with me and has undergone their credit check in order to live here. I also got a letter from my employer stating that I have added him to my medical insurance as well as the medical cards with his and my name on it. We have letters that were mailed to him here with his name on it and we also have a joint savings account now and he has a personal bank account at the same bank as I do. I have changed my name legally to his last name, but hell... I am still worried that it may not be enough evidence. Of course we have tons of photos and he has a car registered in his name to my address and the title is registered to my address... eeeep... this has to be enough right? We are both insured to drive each others cars and both our names are on the car insurance....

Hmm... you think that's enough? Every damn time we have to do this #######, I go into freak out mode as if they are going to tear him away from me :(

okay... freak out mode must have just started.....

TIME LINE 2007

01/12/07-I Fly to Australia

01/25/07-We Got Married!

07/15/07-Point of Entry (K3 Visa)

K3 Time Line for the I-130, I-129F, EAD and AOS

usaCa.gifanimated-hearts.gifaustralC_1xa.gif

Lifting Conditions Timeline

11/06/09- Mailed Petition Via USPS Certified Mail

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/12/09- Return Receipt Arrives in Mail

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

11/27/09- Received Appointment Letter

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/08/10- Card Production Ordered (E-Mail)

01/09/10- Touched

01/14/10- Greencard Received

Timeline

Hey guys! Good to hear that everyone is doing well and enjoying the "lovely: winter we are having!

Well, my EAD card has been ordered, so look out Walmart, here I come!

AOS

September 25th 2007-Sent AOS package-recieved 27th.

October 5th-Recieved NOA for AOS & EAD

October 9th-Recieved biometrics app letter

October 22nd-Biometrics app

November 5th-Recieved RFE

November 22nd-Sent evidence

November 27th-Touched-Case resumed

November 30th-Touched

December 17th-Transferred to CSC

January 7th 2008-EAD card ordered

January 16th-EAD card in my hot little hand!

January 22nd-Green card ordered!!!!!

January 28th-Green card in my hand!

Timeline

Whoo-hoo! Finally got packet three yesterday! It all seems fairly straight forward... Although that's not stopping me from worrying about it all anyway. Haha. I've filled out the national police clearance already (downloaded the forms from www.afp.gov.au ) and then it'll be a quick trip to the cop shop for finger printing later (hopefully!).

Is it just form "DS-2301 Immigrant Visa Application Part 1, Biographic Data" that I send back? Do I have to send it with the "Applicant's Statement of Readiness To Be Interviewed" form, or can it be separate?

Oh boy... Don't get me started on the medical stuff! Haha. Do I fill anything out on the forms or is it all for the doctor to do? Even after reading the instructions and the forms over and over, I'm still kinda confused. Any advice would be very much appreciated... :help:

Sorry to bug you all... I feel so very nervous already. :o

Timeline
Whoo-hoo! Finally got packet three yesterday! It all seems fairly straight forward... Although that's not stopping me from worrying about it all anyway. Haha. I've filled out the national police clearance already (downloaded the forms from www.afp.gov.au ) and then it'll be a quick trip to the cop shop for finger printing later (hopefully!).

Is it just form "DS-2301 Immigrant Visa Application Part 1, Biographic Data" that I send back? Do I have to send it with the "Applicant's Statement of Readiness To Be Interviewed" form, or can it be separate?

Oh boy... Don't get me started on the medical stuff! Haha. Do I fill anything out on the forms or is it all for the doctor to do? Even after reading the instructions and the forms over and over, I'm still kinda confused. Any advice would be very much appreciated... :help:

Sorry to bug you all... I feel so very nervous already. :o

Yay for Packet 3! I remember that feeling...seems like months and months ago!

Send the DS-2301 ASAP (says she who took a week to send it back :) ). You send the Interview one later on, when you've collated everything (says she who send it a wee bit early and therefore got an earlier interview date). Seriously, I didn't follow ALL the rules but I think it's worked out for the best.

As for the medicals, boy, that also seems like a lifetime ago (or rather, I've decided to just blur it out of my memory). From memory the only things I filled out are when I got my X-Ray and also when I had my final medical. I visited the Doctor twice (one to get my HIV/Syphilis test and X-Ray) and then the actual examination. I found my first visit to be really helpful and the lady who helped me out was really thorough and very, very helpful. They'll guide you through it because they've done it a billion and two times before. Also, my Dr. sent me their very own "instructions", and it's a step by step guide - this would have been useful to be given by the Consulate, but alas they don't. So maybe call your Dr. and see whether they have a similar guide.

Enjoy the joys of Packet 3!!! If you have any other specific questions, let us know!

swagbucks-173x63.jpg

hi ya rings and loke

things are going well here...job is still going well..they have cut back on hours but thats ok been having some quality time with robbie on the days i have off...what ya got sounds pretty good mate for you interview..dont forget the marriage certificate and any utility bills you might have jointly...dont stress too much mate its a straight forward interview from what i have read...good luck for the interview mate let us know how u went..

hi kelli

congrats on the EAD mate...and good luck in the job hunting also...were having another mild winter here actually so far..we had 66f yesterday it feels so good not to rug up to go outside....

hi ya katz

dont fill anything out on the medical forms ..the examiner does that...dont forget to get your ammunity testing done under medicare at your local doctor...the x-rays are done on examination day or when you want it scheduled..also if ya a k1er dont forget to get a copy of the medical results for your own records and for the AOS...

am sitting here watching the buckeye game...what a game...i cant believe second championship game they been in since i have arrived and they have been slaughtered...hubby is not happy and i guess most ohio fans will be the same way...

take care

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

2nd December..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.