aussiewench

LAND DOWNUNDER

4,678 posts in this topic

your most welcom sharon :D

what ya looking at buying....my daughter was teasing me tonight on msn telling me she was eating a white knight lol ohh the things you miss lol..

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

funny enough - Coffee

altho my better half told me to try the zillion brands of US coffee before i ruled them out and went to be a tea drinker if i couldnt get my coffee.

Out of curiosity, how long does it take to get the actual visa after a successful interview for I-129F? We're trying to book her one-way ticket to here now and refundable fares totally suck :wacko:

Timeline

K-1
14 March 07 - I-129F Sent
19 March 07 - NOA 1
4 June 07 - Touch NOA 2
5 June 07 - Touch
11 June 07 - Forwarded to NVC
18 June 07 - NVC received packet
28 June 07 - Fiancee received Packet 3 in mail
10 Oct 07 - Interview Date
24 Oct 07 - Passport arrived with Visa

AOS
26 Dec 07 - I-485 with I-765 and I-131 Sent
3 Jan 08 - NOA 1 for I-485, I-765, I-131
18 Jan 08 - Biometrics
19 June 08 - Interview, Card production ordered

I-407

4 Oct 12- Received by Sydney consulate

I-130

8 Oct 13- I-130 form sent from Australia

23 Oct 13- NOA 1, case routed to Nebraska Service Center for processing

4 Apr 14- NOA 2

AOS

28 Feb 14- POE LAX

18 Mar 14- I-485, I-765, I-131 sent from California

19 Mar 14- I-485, I-765, I-131 received

24 Mar 14- I-485, I-765, I-131 NOA 1

18 Apr 14- I-485, I-765 Biometrics

6 Jun 14- I-485 Interview

well if you gave them the express post envelope as required (if you dont pick it up yourself at the consulate the next day in the afternoon) its usually about 2-3 days?

i went for my interview on a tuesday and i got it all back on a thursday.............

hi ya calcheng

there are a few other things to consider too...if you get a friday interview and your fiance doesn't live in the sydney area (meaning other state) get her to stay the weekend and pick up the visa on the monday..

also there is a thing called public holidays that gets in the way too...because the american embassey gets the american public holidays plus the australian so look out for that also..

also there has been a few aussie's that received their passports in the mail longer than sharyna about a week i think it was...so if your fiance can stay longer or go back the next day to pick it up in the afternoon...i would do so...

good luck to you both hope the interview isnt too far down the track ...what with this apec meeting thing going on ...

hi sharyna.. what type of coffee are you after...i buy the international roast from the link i told ya about...

hope everyone is going well ohh ohhh tomorrow vylex and mrs vylex get married again whoooo hoooo...

cant wait to see some pics vylex if ya dont mind sharing...

take care all

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

nescafe blend 43.. but i noticed that they dont have that one so i might need to settle on something similar maybe..........lol...........

i dont like international roast... i used ot drink it but grew out of it.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi ALL

Am slowly settling into NYC life...very fast paced..but it's really exciting and great...my mom's friend from high school runs her own ad/marketing agency here and offered me an internship..which will be an amazing opportunity for me!!

Congrats on your license Kath and the job..both awesome news. I filed my AOS on July 30th...sucks that I had to pay $1020 ...but if I had filed earlier I would have only had to pay $580..so that was really shitty!! I had no choice really...the doc was taking ages to get my TB Skin test results- still think that is outrageous..considering we already paid for a TB chest x-ray in Australia!! I am getting a bit worried..cos the USCIS still hasn't cashed our check and we filed nearly 2 wks ago...wondering why this is? I tracked down the package and it was delivered..just wondering why they're taking so long! Any input is welcome!

PHEW! That's enough from me!! Hope you're all well!!

hi ya calcheng

there are a few other things to consider too...if you get a friday interview and your fiance doesn't live in the sydney area (meaning other state) get her to stay the weekend and pick up the visa on the monday..

also there is a thing called public holidays that gets in the way too...because the american embassey gets the american public holidays plus the australian so look out for that also..

also there has been a few aussie's that received their passports in the mail longer than sharyna about a week i think it was...so if your fiance can stay longer or go back the next day to pick it up in the afternoon...i would do so...

good luck to you both hope the interview isnt too far down the track ...what with this apec meeting thing going on ...

hi sharyna.. what type of coffee are you after...i buy the international roast from the link i told ya about...

hope everyone is going well ohh ohhh tomorrow vylex and mrs vylex get married again whoooo hoooo...

take care all

kath

hi ya calcheng

take care all

kath

thanks kath and sharyna! :D

Timeline

K-1
14 March 07 - I-129F Sent
19 March 07 - NOA 1
4 June 07 - Touch NOA 2
5 June 07 - Touch
11 June 07 - Forwarded to NVC
18 June 07 - NVC received packet
28 June 07 - Fiancee received Packet 3 in mail
10 Oct 07 - Interview Date
24 Oct 07 - Passport arrived with Visa

AOS
26 Dec 07 - I-485 with I-765 and I-131 Sent
3 Jan 08 - NOA 1 for I-485, I-765, I-131
18 Jan 08 - Biometrics
19 June 08 - Interview, Card production ordered

I-407

4 Oct 12- Received by Sydney consulate

I-130

8 Oct 13- I-130 form sent from Australia

23 Oct 13- NOA 1, case routed to Nebraska Service Center for processing

4 Apr 14- NOA 2

AOS

28 Feb 14- POE LAX

18 Mar 14- I-485, I-765, I-131 sent from California

19 Mar 14- I-485, I-765, I-131 received

24 Mar 14- I-485, I-765, I-131 NOA 1

18 Apr 14- I-485, I-765 Biometrics

6 Jun 14- I-485 Interview

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
UPDATE: I got a letter for my biometrics appointment on Wednesday. It is in on August 31st. It is the first thing I've heard too! No NOA1 just the biometrics appointment.

CONGRATS! You're so lucky! I filed for AOS on July 30th and UPS says it was delivered on July 31st...Haven't heard anything and am getting VERY worried?!!? Any thoughts?? I thought that the backlog may be due to the fee increase...and ppl getting confused by that, so maybe that's slowing down! I want my EAD already!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I've been MIA....but better late than never!

Congratulations on getting your drivers license, Kath!!!!!

And one more big Congrats to Jess for your appt.

I'm moving my daughter to her college dorm (1st year) this weekend. It's a little sad! :crying:

Aug. 2001 - met online playing trivia

May 2006 - engaged

06-12-06 - Met with lawyer, filed for a K-1 visa

07-17-06 - NOA1

10-31-06 - Touched

01-29-07 - Found out from USCIS that my lawyer had filed at the wrong service center and nothing has been processed.

02-08-07 - Found out that our petition had been closed back in Oct. 2006. No one was ever notified of this from USCIS

02-09-07 - Began gathering paperwork once again to start all over. Started cancelling our wedding plans

02-20-07 - Filed for a K-1 visa once again

02-27-07 - NOA1

04-21-07 - Originally planned wedding date (had to cancel) :(

05-22-07 - Touched

06-01-07 - Granted a Congressional Inquiry!

06-15-07 - NVC received our approved I-129F petition (I never received an NOA2 via email or snail mail). We are just so HAPPY to finally move on!

06-25-07 - Packet 3 received (but it was rec'd by our lawyer, she has forwarded it on to my fiance in Australia)

06-28-07 - Fiance rec'd Packet 3

06-30-07 - Finally rec'd NOA2 via snail mail. It is dated June 25, same day as Packet 3 was rec'd.

07-05-07 - Mailed back form letter DSL-1076 (Applicant's Statement of Readiness to be Interviewed).

07-05-07 - Just waiting now in hopes of an interview date before APEC

07-13-07 - Received Packet 4

07-30-07 - Interview!!!! - APPROVED!

09-01-07 - Fiance arrives in the USA!

10-06-07 - Getting Married

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Thanks! Tamzo, I wouldn't get too stressed, I'm sure a lot depends on how busy your part of the US is for appointments and all those sorts of factors. We're going down to Alexandria VA for our appointment, its about an hour and 40 minutes drive from us. Oh, we sent out stuff in on the 22nd or 23rd of July too. FYI

I want my EAD too!

I got my drug and alcohol course certificate today, that is one thing down, and one step closer to my licence. Tony & I are going to go on base this weekend to practice my parallel parking skills in the empty parking lot. It'll be good times I'm sure :blink:

Edited by jezz85

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.