aussiewench

LAND DOWNUNDER

4,678 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
hi ya tris

how you doing...

i thought the satchels you bought from australia post already came with postage paid on um..thats why ya pay so much for um..sharyna dont forget to address it on the front to yourself ...and the passport photo's have to be 2x2 inches..

well i cancelled my driving test this arvo.. wont be taking it till 31st july now..i was so disappointed but never mind fingers crossed we get the car back tomorrow and we have at least a weekend together doing stuff before robbie goes back to work..a whole week wasted...

take care

kath

Hey Kath,

I am doing great.....3 weeks tomorrow till I fly out, spending time with the family now!

Yeah, my mistake, the satchels already come with postage....

Good luck with ur driving test!!!!!!

Take care,

Kell

AOS

September 25th 2007-Sent AOS package-recieved 27th.

October 5th-Recieved NOA for AOS & EAD

October 9th-Recieved biometrics app letter

October 22nd-Biometrics app

November 5th-Recieved RFE

November 22nd-Sent evidence

November 27th-Touched-Case resumed

November 30th-Touched

December 17th-Transferred to CSC

January 7th 2008-EAD card ordered

January 16th-EAD card in my hot little hand!

January 22nd-Green card ordered!!!!!

January 28th-Green card in my hand!

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline

Hello All!

Sorry I have not been around much, but my thoughts are with you. Loke has kept me preocupied and smiling. I am so whooped over him. It really sucks that I have to work because I want to stay at home with him, but that's how it goes I guess. He is so sweet you guys. He made me breakfast today which was odd because I am so used to living the life of a single mother and I am the one who normally has to make food lol... not that I can really cook mind you.

Anyway it has been odd and we are adjusting. The poor man has been jet lagged and tired, but I think that he is finally recovering from it. We still haven't found his wallet, but American Airlines does not care about that. We don't recommend flying with them because their customer service is #######! Okay I guess I can refrain from hostility toward them... nah. Either way I am really all smiles and even that little blip has not gotten me down.

We have his TB Skin Test appointment on Monday and we are going to get his passport photos today. I am mailing out the AOS Monday without the TB Skin Test, but we will have the results ready for them if we get an RFE so we will be ready. Looks like we will beat the rate increase if I get it posted Monday so I am glad for that. I will be around a little more during that time because I am a nervous wreck about them taking my husband away. I know it's not rational to think that way, but hell I do anyway lol.

Anyway i hope that you are all doing well! Great to see you back kath and I am sorry to hear about your shortened trip. Sharyna, I hope that things go well in your interview!!!

Hope things are good in married life Jezz!

Tony I am thinking about you and wishing luck your way

and for those I forgot, I am sorry but the sexy Australian man is looking at me and I drew a blank lol.......................

See you soon!

TIME LINE 2007

01/12/07-I Fly to Australia

01/25/07-We Got Married!

07/15/07-Point of Entry (K3 Visa)

K3 Time Line for the I-130, I-129F, EAD and AOS

usaCa.gifanimated-hearts.gifaustralC_1xa.gif

Lifting Conditions Timeline

11/06/09- Mailed Petition Via USPS Certified Mail

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/12/09- Return Receipt Arrives in Mail

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

11/27/09- Received Appointment Letter

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/08/10- Card Production Ordered (E-Mail)

01/09/10- Touched

01/14/10- Greencard Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

hi everyone,

Just a quick question - i went to the travel agent to book my ticket but was informed that i am not allowed to book a one way ticket. Can anyone confirm that IT IS OKAY to book a one way? I am on a K-1 visa.

Thanks

Jo

15/02/07: Sent in I-129F form

21/02/07: NOA1 received

24/02/07: Touched

14/03/07: Touched

15/03/07: Touched

20/03/07: NOA2 received - Approval Email

21/03/07: Touched

23/03/07: NOA2 received via snail mail

Timeline

Loke booked a ticket on line and got the option of booking a one way or a return ticket, but you should be careful to be sure you will have your visa first. If you do not have the visa and you are visiting, then you will need to book a return flight.

TIME LINE 2007

01/25/07-We Got Married!

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/09/10- Touched

hi ya jo

did you explain to the travel agent that you havd an immigration visa...

you can enter on either one way or return ticket...usually a return ticket is cheaper but you dont have to use the return ticket...

if the agent wont let you i would book online...i travelled here on a one way with qantas..

so when you looking at moving over here jo...good luck with the move if we dont hear from you...

hi ya rings

thanks for the welcome back..yeah a bummer but at least we got the car fixed now..i drove to the supermarket tonight all by myself lol sounds funny dont it .. like mum let me walk to the milk bar all by myself lol

went to have a look at where they do the driving testing today...damm the manuverability part looks weird..but i think i will be ok..i wanted to have a look at the speed limits around the area so it was an informative trip will be easy enough i think..gawd i hope so lol..has loke gone out driving yet...

take care

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Gday aussies

I am in the process of getting the K1 and i was just wondering what are some of the costs involved once i get the NOA2? Like medical exam etc...just want to know so i can start saving!!

Cheers

Jonathan

Timeline

Medical Exam for Loke was $299.00

Police Check was $120.40

Non-Immigrant Receipt $130.00

Vaccinations (Variable between $50-$70 each)

Depending on where you live, Air fare and accomodation to Sydney (Approximate $300-$500)

Passport & Passport Photos $190-$250.00

Cost for Photo Copies (Adds Up)

Self Address Envelope $10.00-$20.00

This was all we could think of off the top of our heads, but it is a lot and you have to start saving for Adjustlment of Status which will cost you $1010.00 or something crazy like that.

Sorry to say it, but hell it's expensive... we have been eating cheap noodles for months lol :(

Edited by Rings

TIME LINE 2007

01/25/07-We Got Married!

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/09/10- Touched

hi jonathon

welcome to the aussie thread..there is heaps of info in here about costs...there is also information on it int he emassey info for australia at the top of this page on the left hand side..

as rings said it all depends on where you are in oz...you could find cheap flight with virgin or jetstar if you have to fly to sydney..

for the k1 its basically... medical..national police check...your payment before interview at the post office...

as far as your vaccinations go get some blood tests done for ammunity and get it put on medicare...you can also get your syphillis and hiv done at the same time as your other blood tests..

then when you get over here (state side) there is the AOS to think about saving for too ...sighhhhhhhhhhhh

good luck

kath

Edited by Kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

Police Check was $120.40

$120 whaaaa? Is that for NSW? QLD is $142.60!

Looking over the embassy information, Brisbane Doctors cost more then NSW too! ;_; that had better be for sending the info to the consulate! blagh :P

The Beginning

September 29th, 1999 - 'hooked' up with Dave after chatting with him for about a year online.

October 23rd, 2004 - September 29th, 5 years to the day, he proposed to me =D

July 23rd, 2005 - Dave comes over for the wedding on July 27th at the beach :)

Sometime in December, he sends off I-130 to Texas and promptly leaves me in the dark like a mushroom x.X...

The Saga Continues *dumdeduuummm*

August - phone NVC. intriguing :\ Phoned again, ah hah! the truth... no record of us >< losers... Go and visit Dave for 3 months...

End of January, we sent the petition back in again. 2 weeks later, we actually get a number in our hot little hands.

April 5th - NOA2 approved!

April sometime, received and sent back Choice of Agent

May 18th - Received IV Bill

May 28th - Sent IV Bill MO back

June 11th - DS-230 generated

July 12th - Received and sent back DS-230 packet

July 19th - NVC Sent Husband checklist of AoS. They forgot to fill in N/A fills with.... N/A x.X

July 23rd - DS-230 entered

July 26th - NVC received checklist regarding financial suppliment (ie, got a talking to on the phone :P)

August 1st - sent financial papers back

August 3rd - (Automatic msg) Financial records lacking! ARGH!~

August 7th - Received actual fixed paperwork - 'processing'

August 17th - NVC COMPLETED CASE!~

September 10th - Received packet 3

September 17th - Medical in Brisbane

November 14th - Interview VISA GRANTED

December 8th - Landed in USA

December 24th - GreenCard Arrives

Timeline

Loke was in Victoria

TIME LINE 2007

01/25/07-We Got Married!

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/09/10- Touched

Loke was in Victoria

:\

*kicks Beattie's butt anyway*. Greedy sunova...

The Beginning

September 29th, 1999 - 'hooked' up with Dave after chatting with him for about a year online.

October 23rd, 2004 - September 29th, 5 years to the day, he proposed to me =D

July 23rd, 2005 - Dave comes over for the wedding on July 27th at the beach :)

Sometime in December, he sends off I-130 to Texas and promptly leaves me in the dark like a mushroom x.X...

The Saga Continues *dumdeduuummm*

August - phone NVC. intriguing :\ Phoned again, ah hah! the truth... no record of us >< losers... Go and visit Dave for 3 months...

End of January, we sent the petition back in again. 2 weeks later, we actually get a number in our hot little hands.

April 5th - NOA2 approved!

April sometime, received and sent back Choice of Agent

May 18th - Received IV Bill

May 28th - Sent IV Bill MO back

June 11th - DS-230 generated

July 12th - Received and sent back DS-230 packet

July 19th - NVC Sent Husband checklist of AoS. They forgot to fill in N/A fills with.... N/A x.X

July 23rd - DS-230 entered

July 26th - NVC received checklist regarding financial suppliment (ie, got a talking to on the phone :P)

August 1st - sent financial papers back

August 3rd - (Automatic msg) Financial records lacking! ARGH!~

August 7th - Received actual fixed paperwork - 'processing'

August 17th - NVC COMPLETED CASE!~

September 10th - Received packet 3

September 17th - Medical in Brisbane

November 14th - Interview VISA GRANTED

December 8th - Landed in USA

December 24th - GreenCard Arrives

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
Loke was in Victoria

:\

*kicks Beattie's butt anyway*. Greedy sunova...

nsw police check 175.00

visa fee 130.00

additional printing at the consul 110.00 if u need it

2x2 passport photos around 15-30 bucks depends on where u go

cost of stress,nervousness and waiting limitless

seein your loved ones priceless

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Thanks Rings, thanks Kath! Kath, i am looking to move in October 2007. Just wondering, when you were applying for AOS, what information did your husband have to send in for the affidavit of support? Did he have to send in a letter from his employer as we had to do for K-1? I'm just wondering as my fiance wants to quit his job soon and i told him not too in case he needs evidence for when i am changing my status... especially since he was here in Melbourne till Nov 06 for 4 years and may not have a more current tax return...

Thanks again! :)

15/02/07: Sent in I-129F form

21/02/07: NOA1 received

24/02/07: Touched

14/03/07: Touched

15/03/07: Touched

20/03/07: NOA2 received - Approval Email

21/03/07: Touched

23/03/07: NOA2 received via snail mail

Timeline

Hey, guys!

I have a quick question to ask... How long does it normally take for the USCIS to get back to you about... Anything, really? My fiance sent off the I-129 almost two weeks ago, and we know that it has been delivered, but there's been... Nothing. The cheque hasn't even been cashed yet. I really hope they do that before the end of July... Having to send out another cheque for MORE money would slow things up even more... >.<!

Bah! I'm probably worrying too much. *bites nails*

Timeline
Thanks Rings, thanks Kath! Kath, i am looking to move in October 2007. Just wondering, when you were applying for AOS, what information did your husband have to send in for the affidavit of support? Did he have to send in a letter from his employer as we had to do for K-1? I'm just wondering as my fiance wants to quit his job soon and i told him not too in case he needs evidence for when i am changing my status... especially since he was here in Melbourne till Nov 06 for 4 years and may not have a more current tax return...

Thanks again! :)

You will need the employer letter and at least 3-6 months of his pay stubs and then you will need all that again when you file the I-864. He should keep his job until after AOS unless he has another job lined up especially if he is your sponsor so you can avoid having to get a co-sponsor.... that is, if he meets poverty guidelines.

Hey, guys!

I have a quick question to ask... How long does it normally take for the USCIS to get back to you about... Anything, really? My fiance sent off the I-129 almost two weeks ago, and we know that it has been delivered, but there's been... Nothing. The cheque hasn't even been cashed yet. I really hope they do that before the end of July... Having to send out another cheque for MORE money would slow things up even more... >.<!

Bah! I'm probably worrying too much. *bites nails*

Look at our timeline hun... be patient and yes you are worrying too much *hugs*

TIME LINE 2007

01/25/07-We Got Married!

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/09/10- Touched

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.