Jadenjewel

CR1 VISA Montreal NVC new info

10 posts in this topic

Hi,

US hubby talked with NVC today. They know they are behind and are trying to catch up on the interviews so they will continue this week to arrange for interviews.headbonk.gif Don't give up if you haven't heard today! They are working all week on assigning interviews for September.

I gather this was a manager as he's been frustrated with the wait.

Hopefully this info was correct!!!!huh.gif

thinking of all who are waiting for info!!!!smile.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

we will see hehe :)

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Timeline

That's good news...called this morning but gave me little or no info...frustrating, but good to know there is some hope. thanks for sharing

God is our strength, He is with us at all times

Craig and Jacquie H

Timeline

Did he say that it's Montreal specifically that's behind? Or did he mean that NVC generally has had a bit of a slow-down recently? If he meant the latter, then I don't think it has any significance for us whatsoever. If I were a betting woman, I'd bet that we won't here anything till the end of the month--and that'll be for October interviews.

But...maybe I'm wrong...

c.

Hi,

US hubby talked with NVC today. They know they are behind and are trying to catch up on the interviews so they will continue this week to arrange for interviews.headbonk.gif Don't give up if you haven't heard today! They are working all week on assigning interviews for September.

I gather this was a manager as he's been frustrated with the wait.

Hopefully this info was correct!!!!huh.gif

thinking of all who are waiting for info!!!!smile.gif

Timeline

agreed I think september would be too soon as we havent got to do our medicals yet. October would be great, we would like to be in the states for halloween

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Timeline

I'd guess (it's just a guess) that you prob won't get Sept., even if some others of us do, because there are several of us with May "case completes" and I think yours is the end of June. I'll cross my fingers that you get the date you want.

I actually want October too, as I'll be just too pregnant in September to fly. I have to cross my fingers that my baby comes close to its due date AND that I get a late October interview date! It's a lot of "maybes."

But, regardless of what happens for me, I'm really frustrated to see NOBODY getting CR1/IR1 interviews for Montreal for so long now, and I would feel better to see SOME progress at least for SOME of us!!

good luck to everyone!!!!!

C.

Fingers crossed!

We would be happy to have our interview in October as September would be too soon for us. But hopefully we don't have to wait till November!

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Am I correct in seeing that it seems the NVC acceptances are in May and you are all waiting for Montreal interview date to be assigned? I was completed Aug 10 according to the recorded announcement at NVC. They said 8 weeks or less to hear from them on recorded announcement. Am I looking realistically at maybe Dec or Jan interview?? Thanks Colin

Timeline

Am I correct in seeing that it seems the NVC acceptances are in May and you are all waiting for Montreal interview date to be assigned? I was completed Aug 10 according to the recorded announcement at NVC. They said 8 weeks or less to hear from them on recorded announcement. Am I looking realistically at maybe Dec or Jan interview?? Thanks Colin

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/94768-ir1-cr1-montreal-timeline-to-interview/page__st__3255

Heres is the cr-1 timeline post!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

the current wait time from case complete to interview seems to be Approx 21 weeks however Montreal is backed up. It may speed up after all of us May people and june/july people get a interview date. (SOON I hope) It is very possible that you may not recieve a interview date till Dec or jan as there is alot of people waiting, as I say MTLGato case completed the beginish of may and she recevied an interview date of october 8th so 21 weeks. :( I wish it would speed up soon though :) maybe Ill hear something next week :)

age.png

age.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.