Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Married to USC & Applying for TN

1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: Country: Canada

Hi there.

I am a Canadian having lived in the US for several years on and off over the past decade on both TNs and an H1B. I married an American in 2008 while on an H1B. I now live overseas but have a job offer to return to the US. However, the company only sponsors TNs, not H1Bs as they took a lot of TARP funds.

They are concerned that my TN may be rejected as I am married to a USC. My response was that if I was intending dual intent etc, I would have filed for an AOS back in 2008, plus I have a work history of 5 different countries over the past 6 years.

Can anyone advise on what the risk is of a TN application rejection? This is basically my dream job and it would suck if I had to pass it up because the company cant sponsor H1Bs.

Any help is really appreciated. Thanks.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...