Sign in to follow this  
Luvbird

Packet 3, Medical Records?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hello everyone,

This may or may not be directly related to being in New South Wales Australia but I'm not sure.

However, because I'm in NSW, Au the fingerprints for packet 3 are being shipped from the police department straight to the embassy.

I have scheduled the medical exam, it is the end of this month. (We're trying to get one sooner though because we've had packet 3 for about 1-2 months)

Will the results be shipped to the embassy just like the fingerprints or are the results given to me for me to ship?

In the checklist for readiness to be interviewed it says arrange a medical appointment but at the bottom with all the boxes to check off it says medical records. So do I need to wait for the results or is it safe to send in the Packet 3? I'm worried that we're running out of time because we had to wait so long before receiving and sending the packet 3.

Edited by Luvbird

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hello everyone,

This may or may not be directly related to being in New South Wales Australia but I'm not sure.

However, because I'm in NSW, Au the fingerprints for packet 3 are being shipped from the police department straight to the embassy.

I have scheduled the medical exam, it is the end of this month. (We're trying to get one sooner though because we've had packet 3 for about 1-2 months)

Will the results be shipped to the embassy just like the fingerprints or are the results given to me for me to ship?

In the checklist for readiness to be interviewed it says arrange a medical appointment but at the bottom with all the boxes to check off it says medical records. So do I need to wait for the results or is it safe to send in the Packet 3? I'm worried that we're running out of time because we had to wait so long before receiving and sending the packet 3.

I was just in a similar situation. We got packet 3 in mid-January and immediately got the police check done and booked the medical appointment (the earliest he could get in was Feb. 12th). He saw Dr. Waks in Sydney and the doctor said he almost always mails the medical straight to the consulate because they're in a big envelope which normally doesn't fit in people's letter boxes. The doctor told my fiance that this is what he does for almost every case. We just sent Packet 3 yesterday, so no worries. Just make sure everything is labeled with your case number and everything should be fine. Hope I could help!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I was just in a similar situation. We got packet 3 in mid-January and immediately got the police check done and booked the medical appointment (the earliest he could get in was Feb. 12th). He saw Dr. Waks in Sydney and the doctor said he almost always mails the medical straight to the consulate because they're in a big envelope which normally doesn't fit in people's letter boxes. The doctor told my fiance that this is what he does for almost every case. We just sent Packet 3 yesterday, so no worries. Just make sure everything is labeled with your case number and everything should be fine. Hope I could help!

When you say label everything with your case number, do you mean every page? Not sure how I missed that! But we will do it! Thx.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

When you say label everything with your case number, do you mean every page? Not sure how I missed that! But we will do it! Thx.

No, no. On the forms, just list it where it is required. On the envelope you send with Packet 3 to the consulate, make sure it's on there! And if your physician is going to send the medical results straight to the consulate, make sure he puts the case number on that envelope as well.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.