5,848 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

The interview schedule of May 2012 at Mumbai consulate is posted on net http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/interview_appt_schedule.html

Will they update it again ?

DS230 package sent on April 4th 2012...

PD in 1998

NVC finshed reviewing package IV on 12th april 2012.

Visa approved on June 5th 2012

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

The interview schedule of May 2012 at Mumbai consulate is posted on net http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/interview_appt_schedule.html

Will they update it again ?

no they wont.

@sachin6878

when was your PD..is it current?

My case is bit different..I got my case couriered to Mumbai consulate...

How do u contact Mumbai consulate...?

my pd is april 2001...it is not current ,

it was current from august 2010 to january 2011.

i don't know how to contact with mumbai consulate

Timeline

no they wont.

my pd is april 2001...it is not current ,

it was current from august 2010 to january 2011.

i don't know how to contact with mumbai consulate

Does Mumbai consulate treat 'AGE 21 notice' very seriously?

Are there any cases who got their visa delayed/rejected just because they are 3months about to reach 21 on the appointment day...?

PD in 1998

Timeline

interview experience of that guy (his dob is :November 19, 1990 )

""India - Mumbai - Interview at Mumbai

Hello friends, I got the visa in December, thought of sharing the experience with you guys.

I had the visa interview on 29th, November. But I had exams on that day, so, I e-mailed the consulate general to change my interview date. Surprisingly, they replied to my mail stating that my interview date has been shifted to 1st of December.

Moving to the interview day now, firstly they give you a token number as you enter the consulate. Then a security check is done on every single person. After that you are directed to the sitting area near the interview windows, for Immigration Visas, there is a different section allocated at Mumbai Consulate. Here everyone is called one by one to one of the windows for document verification. I faced a problem here as the document checker noticed that my age was above 21. So, he said that he had to check again if I was eligible for the visa or not. He went ahead with the documents of the rest of the family and told us to wait in the sitting area as we would be called for the interview in some time.

Our token number appeared again on the screen after some 1.5-2 hours. We all went to the window for the interview. Firstly we were taken under the oath. After that I was told that they would not be able to interview me that day because my status was not clear to them. So rest of my family members were interviewed that day. They were asked normal questions about our relatives in the US and about their work and family. We were told to submit the latest tax documents as the one we had sent earlier were now old. At the end of the interview they game my mom a letter stating that I had to come back to the consulate some other day at exactly 7:30 am the morning along with the required documents and also some photographs from my and my brother's childhood.

After 15 days I went to the consulate alone, same procedure was repeated. Documents were verified first, then the interview. I was offered a translator but I preferred to talk to the interviewer directly. The lady was very polite, after asking me a few questions and looking at my photographs she informed me that the visa has been granted to all of us. ""

Edited by sachin6878

Timeline

Regarding interview I have some questions...pls answer

where can I see interview experiences of F4?

Are there any FAQ for F4 visa interview..I have to make my mother prepared of all those..please help with this..

will the derivative beneficiaries (children of principal applicant) be interviewed with the principal applicant during visa interview? I mean will they be asked any questions?

PD in 1998

Timeline

Regarding interview I have some questions...pls answer

where can I see interview experiences of F4?

Are there any FAQ for F4 visa interview..I have to make my mother prepared of all those..please help with this..

will the derivative beneficiaries (children of principal applicant) be interviewed with the principal applicant during visa interview? I mean will they be asked any questions?

don't worry they ask normal questions .about petitioners job, child ,spouse..etc

Timeline

My petitioner has submitted AOS(I-864) recently for me and my mother....that will have tax returns I guess...am i right?

If that is so...Do I have to submit any new tax returns of the petitioner during the visa interview?

Edited by jameskar

PD in 1998

Timeline

interview experience of that guy (his dob is :November 19, 1990 )

""India - Mumbai - Interview at Mumbai

Hello friends, I got the visa in December, thought of sharing the experience with you guys.

I had the visa interview on 29th, November. But I had exams on that day, so, I e-mailed the consulate general to change my interview date. Surprisingly, they replied to my mail stating that my interview date has been shifted to 1st of December.

Moving to the interview day now, firstly they give you a token number as you enter the consulate. Then a security check is done on every single person. After that you are directed to the sitting area near the interview windows, for Immigration Visas, there is a different section allocated at Mumbai Consulate. Here everyone is called one by one to one of the windows for document verification. I faced a problem here as the document checker noticed that my age was above 21. So, he said that he had to check again if I was eligible for the visa or not. He went ahead with the documents of the rest of the family and told us to wait in the sitting area as we would be called for the interview in some time.

Our token number appeared again on the screen after some 1.5-2 hours. We all went to the window for the interview. Firstly we were taken under the oath. After that I was told that they would not be able to interview me that day because my status was not clear to them. So rest of my family members were interviewed that day. They were asked normal questions about our relatives in the US and about their work and family. We were told to submit the latest tax documents as the one we had sent earlier were now old. At the end of the interview they game my mom a letter stating that I had to come back to the consulate some other day at exactly 7:30 am the morning along with the required documents and also some photographs from my and my brother's childhood.

After 15 days I went to the consulate alone, same procedure was repeated. Documents were verified first, then the interview. I was offered a translator but I preferred to talk to the interviewer directly. The lady was very polite, after asking me a few questions and looking at my photographs she informed me that the visa has been granted to all of us. ""

Thank you .....can u please mention from where u got this information so that I would refer for any other such visa interviews?

PD in 1998

Timeline

http://***removed***/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24

and dude/...i jst saw your pd 1998...!! u suppose to b in usa approx 2 year ago..!!!

yes there was a problem 2 years back..and I couldnt go..... But the link is not working!! can u post it again

PD in 1998

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.