5,848 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

cool ............cool

In mumbai consulate list is part list in upcoming days there will be a updated list also

so don't warry pray to god , there will be 6 week movemont in july...... :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

keep it up,

thanx @jp301

Let's see what's happens in upcoming days? :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Timeline

@jameskar

that's great news man....:):wow::dance: :dance:

and as i told you before , they don't ask too many questions.

and it is strange that at 6.30 ,the small queue was already formed...!!!

now i will go to consulate at 6.15 :P when i will get my visa call letter.

and i also told you to carry pictures with petitioner., see, CO ask you for that...

and you signed documents of military , that you have to submit at near by post office in usa ,once you go there...

and plz tell me when the vfs couriered the "brown envelopes and passport " to you...generally they deliver in 2 days.

and i have a qun for you, how many photographs did you carry ? i have made 2 albums...i think it will be sufficient .

btw....enjoy , :) hope i will get my immigrant visa soon ,coz waiting sucks :(

have a gr8 life in states. :thumbs:

Thanks sachin

I received brown envelopes and passport in just one working day after my interview (on june 7th)

The VO checked for a relevant photo checking for my petitioner, my mother and me which she found...so u can collect any number of photos for interview. VFS will allow only few to courier to consulate and u can carry remaining to ur interview. Have some good quality relevant photos and that should be enough.

Any idea on how many days it will take for green card (Do we have to apply for this after going there) and SSN seperately after reaching USA?

DS230 package sent on April 4th 2012...

PD in 1998

NVC finshed reviewing package IV on 12th april 2012.

Visa approved on June 5th 2012

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Mumbai Consulate announce cut-off dates For July 2012.

My Pd Is for f4 25,january 2001.

but my bmb number not in this list..

What’s going on? :help:

i think vb is only 2week movement.. :bonk:

dont worry , they usually update list in the end of the month.

try calling dos and nvc, :)

i think there will be minimum 4 to max 6 weeks movement .

Timeline

Dude Congrats for ur Successful Interview...

Can u please tell me Do they ask for Interpretator during Pre-Screeening ???

In which language did u gave ur Interview English or ur Native Language??? Were u asked for an Interpretator or they simply start questioning applicants in English..???? As asked by Sachin How many pics with photos did u carried with u ....and according to u how many photos should we carry....??? Do VO look at all photos or simply 2-4 only..????

Is it better to carry Old Pics or Latest Pics r sufficient ????

No don't worry about language and interpretor..they will arrange for u...if any one of ur family member knows english. He can translate to others and finally answer back to visa officer's question.

Its not about the date of the pictures. Take an ID proof of the petitioner which clearly identifies the photo of him/her (old Indian passport will work good) and try to catch up photos depicting applicants, beneficiaries and petitioner as more as u can. It depends on VO. He/she can check only few or all. More probability for checking only 2-3 as she doesn't spare much time on ur case.

PD in 1998

Timeline

Thanks sachin

I received brown envelopes and passport in just one working day after my interview (on june 7th)

The VO checked for a relevant photo checking for my petitioner, my mother and me which she found...so u can collect any number of photos for interview. VFS will allow only few to courier to consulate and u can carry remaining to ur interview. Have some good quality relevant photos and that should be enough.

Any idea on how many days it will take for green card (Do we have to apply for this after going there) and SSN seperately after reaching USA?

ohh....so you get your brown envelopes and passport in just 2 days....excellent.

do not open that brown envelopes , that envelopes you have to give officer at Port Off Entry (means fist airport of usa where u land )

at that time time they with take digital fingerprints ,and give you form for green card .usually they fill the form , you just have to sign them...and you will get your green card , ssn and welcome to America letter in approx 2-4 weeks.

and you have already applied for ssn , in ds-230 part 2..read the back portion carefully.although you don't get ssn after 4 weeks , go to district office and apply for ssn

Timeline

Hi

You said, your father is joing u guys later. Did he attend the interview? Are you or any siblings were under 18? Thank you

Daisy

No my father did not attend the interview. No one is under 18

PD in 1998

Timeline

@ jameshkar.

i have one doubt..when first time your token num displayed , and you went to window num 6,at that time the officer was indian ? or american ?

and did he/she ask question to your mother ? or to you ?

it is compulsory that first time token num displayed , the principal applicant have to answer the questions ?

Timeline

ohh....so you get your brown envelopes and passport in just 2 days....excellent.

do not open that brown envelopes , that envelopes you have to give officer at Port Off Entry (means fist airport of usa where u land )

at that time time they with take digital fingerprints ,and give you form for green card .usually they fill the form , you just have to sign them...and you will get your green card , ssn and welcome to America letter in approx 2-4 weeks.

and you have already applied for ssn , in ds-230 part 2..read the back portion carefully.although you don't get ssn after 4 weeks , go to district office and apply for ssn

Hey I have checked that option in DS230 part 2 asking for them to assign SSN. so they will do that.

Do we get all three (SSN, green card, welcome) at a time?

Can we change the address to where green card is mailed (other than the one entered in DS-230) while signing the form of green card at the port of entry..?

The reason why I am thinking to change the address is my petitioner is going abroad in 3-4 weeks after I arrive and he returns after 1 month. So he cannot deliver them to me. Do u have any idea on this?

PD in 1998

Timeline

Hey I have checked that option in DS230 part 2 asking for them to assign SSN. so they will do that.

Can we change the address to where green card is mailed (other than the one entered in DS-230) while signing the form of green card at the port of entry..?

The reason why I am thinking to change the address is my petitioner is going abroad in 3-4 weeks after I arrive and he returns after 1 month. So he cannot deliver them to me. Do u have any idea on this?

yes you can change address...officer will ask you for a address where they mail green card.

and i think you wont get all three at the same day.

and for detail info on poe , check out the file which i have attached...it will be helpful to you

POE.pdf

Timeline

Hey Everybody...

Good News....My Pd 12th jan 2001 ....have checked on mumbai consulate website...july interview letter (pdf file) and found my bmb number and having interview date of 3rd july 2012 !!! But when i will get in "written" letter/courier or email ??? And can we start police verification & medical checkup on basis of this online proof?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

No don't worry about language and interpretor..they will arrange for u...if any one of ur family member knows english. He can translate to others and finally answer back to visa officer's question.

Its not about the date of the pictures. Take an ID proof of the petitioner which clearly identifies the photo of him/her (old Indian passport will work good) and try to catch up photos depicting applicants, beneficiaries and petitioner as more as u can. It depends on VO. He/she can check only few or all. More probability for checking only 2-3 as she doesn't spare much time on ur case.

Thanx for the info Bro.... i am in F1 and only single applicant of my case ...so only i will hav to give the interview...ofcourse i know english very well...but some guy has written in Interview Experience that although u know english well but it is advisable to give Interview in native language so that we fell comfortable and relaxed......

In my case my dad is the petitioner and i do hav his old passport copy and new passport copy also along with old pics of me with my dad as well as new pics...

I just wanted to know is that do we hav to ask for interpretator or they ask themselves to us during pre screening????

I hav around 15-20 pics (Old & New) of me with my petitioner (dad), my whole family during family functions....I think these many will work.

I-130 / F-2A

USCIS

November 14 2013 I-130 Sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 15 2013 I-130 Received at Chicago Lockbox Facility

November 18 2013 Email from USCIS about Petition Acceptance (PD Nov 15 2013)

November 19 2013 I 797 NOA 1 received by mail

March 24 2015 Received E Mail and Text Notification about Case transfer to another USCIS Office

March 28 2015 Received Hard copy of Transfer Notice from USCIS

March 31 2015 Case Approved by USCIS

April 1 2015 Received Email and Text message for Case Approval

April 4 2015 Received Hard Copy of NOA2 from USCIS

NVC STAGE

April 16 2015 Case received at NVC

April 24 2015 Case Number and IIN received on Call

April 27 2015 Paid AOS Fees and Submitted DS-261

April 29 2015 Welcome Letter from NVC in Email

May 05 2015 DS-261 reviewed over phone

May 06 2015 AOS & Civil Documents sent to NVC

May 07 2015 Documents received at NVC

May 08 2015 Email from NVC to pay IV Fees

June 08 2015 IV PAID

June 10 2015 Submitted DS-260

July 13 2015 Case Completed

July 29 2015 Finally....Got Interview Date

Sep 18 2015 Interview (Approved)

Timeline

:thumbs:

Timeline

Even after checking the option in DS 230 part 2, there were delays in receiving the SSN..:crying:

At the POE, after the questions, just check with them that whether ur information has been entered in the "SAVE" database..This will ensure the SSN database system will be updated...and also the Visa stamp in the passport has a "A" number which will also be used for identification

After ur POE, u will first receive welcome letter, then green card will be processed and then u receive SSN..

Good Luck and Congrats once again..:thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.