MRStee

Yardie Party!!! Come as you are - Part 1

3,253 posts in this topic

To the yardies,

Link to my facebook haroldcarter of birmingham. I hope to hear from u guys soon

Hi Harold!!! I saw your pics of you and your beautiful wife on your FB. Beautiful couple! I hope things speed up soon with your step-daughter!

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

They Orlando Yardie Link Up is Oct 22-25th. I think there are some other link ups going on too. So far Tee and KJ (and hubbies) are coming for sure. Then there are a few maybes. So far the plan is Friday night we're going to have some drinks downtown (as long as the travelers are still up to it). KJ is going to have a mega sexy party and meet up with us on Saturday after she has shopped until she ALMOST dropped. Not sure what the rest of us are doing in the day Saturday, but Saturday night is Tee's birthday (KJ and Hubby's too) celebration at Bob Marley's (dinner) then maybe hitting some other clubs at CityWalk or just stay at Bob Marley's. Then Sunday is Wet N Wild (water park for all you dutty minds). I know a cool place that has kareoke/drinks/dancing if anyone is up for it Sunday night, or we can have our own party at my house, or go downtown to a comedy show and for some more drinks (whatever, I don't care). Then Monday we do a little something (???) before people fly out.

Any changes or additions???

Congrats to all the mommies to be!!! So excited to see all the VJ babies!!

Happy 1st anniversary to Bajan!!! Happy bday to hubby too!!! Soo much to clebrate and best of all is being able to do it together.

Happy Birthday (in a few hours) Cat!!!!

Matt- loved you wedding pics. You both looked gorgeous!!

Always- loved the sonogram pic too. Soo cute!

Did I see KK made an appearance up in here? Or was I still drunk??

Finesse- Love the advice you got and past on to us. Hope you two had a great date night!!

Jess- Yuh man back in your arms where he belongs? I know that was hard!

Tee- Let the retirement party planning begin! Wahooo!! You were planning on leaving soon anyways!! I'm happy for you and the new adventure you are about to begin.

Tara- I agree with Sus, see if you can just do photography full time. I love that party special you are running.

DW big up on starting WW. I know it's NOT easy!! Just starting though is a HUGE step. Keep up the good work!

Nat- Does Steven still want a dozen kids? Vaughn did when he moved here, but then just told me America is not a place to have a bunch of kids and 2 is enough..lol

JQ- I know you had too much fun registering for the baby. Did you find everything you wanted? How's babygirl?

Hubby is talking and destracting me so he is to blame for me ending this now and forgetting someone I am sure. I still love you all though!

Hey girl Dens and I are definitely coming to O-town for the link up...can't wait! Thanks I'm trying to stay focused...so hard on the weekends cause all I want to do is eat.

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey girl Dens and I are definitely coming to O-town for the link up...can't wait! Thanks I'm trying to stay focused...so hard on the weekends cause all I want to do is eat.

you will get it . soon it will be second nature

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

YAY for Den and DW joining the link up!!! And gyal you gotta do double sexercise on the weekends, then you can cheat a likkle..lol

that what i use as part of my weight loss plan

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

They Orlando Yardie Link Up is Oct 22-25th. I think there are some other link ups going on too. So far Tee and KJ (and hubbies) are coming for sure. Then there are a few maybes. So far the plan is Friday night we're going to have some drinks downtown (as long as the travelers are still up to it). KJ is going to have a mega sexy party and meet up with us on Saturday after she has shopped until she ALMOST dropped. Not sure what the rest of us are doing in the day Saturday, but Saturday night is Tee's birthday (KJ and Hubby's too) celebration at Bob Marley's (dinner) then maybe hitting some other clubs at CityWalk or just stay at Bob Marley's. Then Sunday is Wet N Wild (water park for all you dutty minds). I know a cool place that has kareoke/drinks/dancing if anyone is up for it Sunday night, or we can have our own party at my house, or go downtown to a comedy show and for some more drinks (whatever, I don't care). Then Monday we do a little something (???) before people fly out.

Any changes or additions???

Congrats to all the mommies to be!!! So excited to see all the VJ babies!!

Happy 1st anniversary to Bajan!!! Happy bday to hubby too!!! Soo much to clebrate and best of all is being able to do it together.

Happy Birthday (in a few hours) Cat!!!!

Matt- loved you wedding pics. You both looked gorgeous!!

Always- loved the sonogram pic too. Soo cute!

Did I see KK made an appearance up in here? Or was I still drunk??

Finesse- Love the advice you got and past on to us. Hope you two had a great date night!!

Jess- Yuh man back in your arms where he belongs? I know that was hard!

Tee- Let the retirement party planning begin! Wahooo!! You were planning on leaving soon anyways!! I'm happy for you and the new adventure you are about to begin.

Tara- I agree with Sus, see if you can just do photography full time. I love that party special you are running.

DW big up on starting WW. I know it's NOT easy!! Just starting though is a HUGE step. Keep up the good work!

Nat- Does Steven still want a dozen kids? Vaughn did when he moved here, but then just told me America is not a place to have a bunch of kids and 2 is enough..lol

JQ- I know you had too much fun registering for the baby. Did you find everything you wanted? How's babygirl?

Hubby is talking and destracting me so he is to blame for me ending this now and forgetting someone I am sure. I still love you all though!

Hey Brookums! Thank you.. only God knows what will happen but thank you just the same!!

Hubby and I was in NYC this weekend and what a blast. I took alot of photos... soon come....

Timeline

Goodmorning vj,

It has been 4 months that the petition i130 in the process for my step daughter. I called uscis and they tell me the same ting to wait 5 months. I pray that my wife and I hear her approval this week or sooner.

When I filed for my wife june 09, I sent wife and daughter pic,documents and all that but was told to do separate petition for the child. It has been 4 months the petition for the child is sent and no noa2 yet. I'm going crazy waiting and just the other day the child cries for mother to get her. Its too long and hard on mother and me too.

We pray you hear about you case soon, just sad. We too are still waiting on our GC :( They told Steve something about it going to the Philadelphia office, so we shall see

Timeline

Since it's slow up in here, I thought I would share something I was thinking about the other day. Maybe it's only me, but if anyone would understand it would be my beloved Vjers!

Ok,don't know why I was thinking about this, but my basic thought is that: I got to know hubby enough to know I loved him more than anyone else and that without a doubt I wanted to spend my life with him, but some of the day to day things I didn't get to know through our LDR. Some may have been due to being on our best behavior, not wanting to spend our little time together fussing (I know some of you go into it and that's great), but some other stuff like how he would care for me when I was sick wasn't know purely because I never got sick while visiting him. BTW he takes such good care of me. It's better than I could ever ask for. I'm not trying to say he takes horrible care of me and if I had known I wouldn't have married him. It was just an example I could thing of that we didn't happen to experience while on our short visits.

I kind of feel like in some ways our relationship started backwards. What I mean is when you are dating (in the same town) you learn each others day to day doings and pretty much encounter all situations, such as being sick (stick with my example, lol). You build up a solid base and things progress, as I would say normally and eventually you love the other person and decide you want to marry them. For us with just seeing each other a few days here and there, I fell in love with him, but now we are having to go back to like we were just starting out and learn trivial day to day things about each other. It's not all bad. I just thought with this visa journey we have to do, we progress in a different way. I think this can cause fights and we may think it's more devestating because now we are married, but we most likley we would of had these same fights if we were just dating, settled them, moved on and no big deal. I guess I just wanted to say that while we all found a love we wouldn't trade, we kind of got thrown in to a difficult situation and it's OK that things aren't always going to be smooth. In the end our love with see us through, but this is a unique process.

Thanks for listening (reading).

I'm sure you are saying (typing) what a lot of us wanted to say and for that I commend you! Some JA men nah easy, especially married to some of us strong willed women. As we approach our one year anniversary, this was one of the HARDEST years for me.. EVER. I just thank God for helping me, through love, overcome alot of it. On to bigger and better things... I pray we ALL have a healthy and happy marriage.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi everyone!

I haven't been on here in forever. With contemplating a divorce, a new job, schoolwork, and the other stresses of life I've just been keeping to myself. Not sure what's what with everyone but I hope life is treating you all well...

I had a question...hubby is trying to get his passport and said he's having trouble because his father's name is not on his passport. Has anyone had this problem before?

- Marie

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

*** His father's name is not on his birth certificate

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

Hi everyone!

I haven't been on here in forever. With contemplating a divorce, a new job, schoolwork, and the other stresses of life I've just been keeping to myself. Not sure what's what with everyone but I hope life is treating you all well...

I had a question...hubby is trying to get his passport and said he's having trouble because his father's name is not on his passport. Has anyone had this problem before?

- Marie

never heard of that! Shouldn't make any difference to a passport...

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: IR-2 Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hi all I hope you all have a good day

CR-1 Visa

California Service Center

Consulate : Jamaica

Marriage (if applicable):

2010-11-03

I-130 NOA1 : 2010-11-09

I-130 RFE :

I-130 RFE Sent :

I-130 Approved : 2011-03-30

NVC Received : 2011-04-08

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2011-04-18

Pay I-864 Bill 2011-04-18

Receive I-864 Package : 2011-04-19

Return Completed I-864 : 2011-04-20

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2011-04-19

Receive IV Bill : 2011-04-29

Pay IV Bill : 2011-05-02

Receive Instruction Package : 2011-06-03

Case Completed at NVC : 2011-04-22

NVC Left : 2011-04-22

Consulate Received : 2011-04-25

Packet 3 Received : 2011-04-29

Packet 3 Sent : 2011-05-04

Packet 4 Received : 2011-05-05

Interview Date : 2011-06-03

Interview Result :

Second Interview

(If Required): 2011-06-21

Second Interview Result: Approved

Visa Received : 2011-06-22

US Entry : 2011-07-04

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks for sharing...I so needed this! I find that this is so true...its the simple little things that irritate the heck outta of me. This visa journey is no joke. I'm so thankful that I found my love but it definitely is some unexpected things I didn't take into account.

Exactly DW..the little things. I don't think any of us could have really known unless we went and lived there for months and got to experience the day to day things. Oh well, at least we found our loves, even if this road was a little more difficult, we could have never found them and been much worse off.

I'm sure you are saying (typing) what a lot of us wanted to say and for that I commend you! Some JA men nah easy, especially married to some of us strong willed women. As we approach our one year anniversary, this was one of the HARDEST years for me.. EVER. I just thank God for helping me, through love, overcome alot of it. On to bigger and better things... I pray we ALL have a healthy and happy marriage.

LOL @ strong willed women...nicer than what I would say...ummm "witch" (since it's almost halloween)..lol I know I was a witch on more than one occasion and has learned to cool it and pick my battles, but it was rough , especially for hubby while I learned this. I think approaching our one year anniversary is what got me started to think about this. It has been the hardest year for me, but at the same time the best and I look forward to what the future will bring us. I think or maybe just hoping the first year is the hardest to adjust to one another. We really got robbed of our dating experience, but soooo thankful that I was first of all able to meet my husband and then be able to go visit enough that I knew without a doubt I wanted to marry him. With all this being said I think if both people can overcome these obstacles then it really creates a love like no other. Blessings to all VJ marriages!!

Timeline

Exactly DW..the little things. I don't think any of us could have really known unless we went and lived there for months and got to experience the day to day things. Oh well, at least we found our loves, even if this road was a little more difficult, we could have never found them and been much worse off.

LOL @ strong willed women...nicer than what I would say...ummm "witch" (since it's almost halloween)..lol I know I was a witch on more than one occasion and has learned to cool it and pick my battles, but it was rough , especially for hubby while I learned this. I think approaching our one year anniversary is what got me started to think about this. It has been the hardest year for me, but at the same time the best and I look forward to what the future will bring us. I think or maybe just hoping the first year is the hardest to adjust to one another. We really got robbed of our dating experience, but soooo thankful that I was first of all able to meet my husband and then be able to go visit enough that I knew without a doubt I wanted to marry him. With all this being said I think if both people can overcome these obstacles then it really creates a love like no other. Blessings to all VJ marriages!!

Yes, and what makes are marriages unique is two different cultures coming together and making it work. That to me, is a difficult part of the process. Some of the JA men come to the states with a perception of how life is and see its totally different from what they expect. Some know exactly how to deal with it because their coping skills are pretty good. Same with us, sometimes we treat them differently because they are from a country with limit resources and its hard for them to accept things from us. I think that as couples once we establish our boundaries with one another and are willing to put the time and effort into our marriage, they can work successfully.. Yes we were robbed of dating. Some more than others. At least you had the opportunity to go several times before you married. I only went a total of 3 times and we got married. This visa journey isnt called a journey for nothing. Im happy to have my hubby in my life too. He makes all the difference in my world (L) All the things I never wanted in a relationship, him remembers not to give them to me :) Team Gardner :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.