Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Tourist visa for baptism

1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine

We're trying to get my mother-in-law and brother-in-law from Ukraine over to the US on a tourist visa for the baptism of our newborn daughter. My brother-in-law will be her godfather and he's a surgeon with a house, wife, and 2 kids living in Ukraine. We figure the embassy won't deny his visa and since my mother-in-law will be accompanying him she won't be refused either right? If you apply for a joint visa is there the chance that only one person will be granted?

Is there anything different we should provide as opposed to a normal tourist visa? We're planning on submitting a letter from the priest performing the baptism, but the birth certificate is going to take several weeks to arrive. Do you think it's mandatory?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...