haitigirl

319b Expedited Naturalization Questions

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Hi,

We are applying for expedited naturalization under 319b. I have read most of the stuff on here about 319b, but I still have a few questions. If anyone knows the answers to these and could help me out, I would really appreciate it!

1. My husband has conditional permanent residency, but has already entered the 90-day period in which we are supposed to file for the removal of conditions. We are filing for 319b naturalization this week. Do we have to file for the removal of conditions as well, or can we wait and see if the expedited naturalization goes through before the end of our 90-day period?

2. We are currently residing in Haiti. I went to the US Embassy to find out how we should go about getting the required fingerprints, but they said they have to receive a request from USCIS before they will do the fingerprints. I stated this in our cover letter, but I am nervous about sending in the application without either the fee for biometrics or the fingerprint cards themselves. Has anyone else had this issue? Is it possible for USCIS to send us a fingerprinting appointment for the Embassy here in Haiti, just like they would do for the US if we were applying from there?

3. Is it ok to leave things blank on the N400 application if they don't apply? For example, my husband does not have a middle name. Should I leave that blank? I hesitate to put "N/A" because I don't want that to be incorrectly processed as his middle name.

4. We want the interview in Fairfax. I am confused about where to send the application. The USCIS website gives 2 lockbox addresses, depending on where you reside. Our US address is in Missouri, which would have us sending the app to the Arizona address. But we want the interview in Fairfax, so I was thinking we should send the app to the Texas address. But then on another website, it states that if your interview will be with the Fairfax office, you should file directly with the Vermont Service Center. It gives the following address:

Vermont Service Center

75 Lower Welden Street

St. Albans, VT 05479

Attn: Expedite Naturalization – 319(b)

And then, I read on another thread here that all 319b apps should be sent to the Nebraska Service Center, which the USCIS lists as the address for current and former members of the military. So...does anyone know which address is the correct one to send our application to?

Thank you to anyone who can help me out with (reliable) information! I appreciate your time.

• 11 months later...
Filed: Timeline

Hi,

We are applying for expedited naturalization under 319b. I have read most of the stuff on here about 319b, but I still have a few questions. If anyone knows the answers to these and could help me out, I would really appreciate it!

1. My husband has conditional permanent residency, but has already entered the 90-day period in which we are supposed to file for the removal of conditions. We are filing for 319b naturalization this week. Do we have to file for the removal of conditions as well, or can we wait and see if the expedited naturalization goes through before the end of our 90-day period?

2. We are currently residing in Haiti. I went to the US Embassy to find out how we should go about getting the required fingerprints, but they said they have to receive a request from USCIS before they will do the fingerprints. I stated this in our cover letter, but I am nervous about sending in the application without either the fee for biometrics or the fingerprint cards themselves. Has anyone else had this issue? Is it possible for USCIS to send us a fingerprinting appointment for the Embassy here in Haiti, just like they would do for the US if we were applying from there?

3. Is it ok to leave things blank on the N400 application if they don't apply? For example, my husband does not have a middle name. Should I leave that blank? I hesitate to put "N/A" because I don't want that to be incorrectly processed as his middle name.

4. We want the interview in Fairfax. I am confused about where to send the application. The USCIS website gives 2 lockbox addresses, depending on where you reside. Our US address is in Missouri, which would have us sending the app to the Arizona address. But we want the interview in Fairfax, so I was thinking we should send the app to the Texas address. But then on another website, it states that if your interview will be with the Fairfax office, you should file directly with the Vermont Service Center. It gives the following address:

Vermont Service Center

75 Lower Welden Street

St. Albans, VT 05479

Attn: Expedite Naturalization – 319(b)

And then, I read on another thread here that all 319b apps should be sent to the Nebraska Service Center, which the USCIS lists as the address for current and former members of the military. So...does anyone know which address is the correct one to send our application to?

Thank you to anyone who can help me out with (reliable) information! I appreciate your time.

Hi haitigirl,

It's been a while that you had this post. Wonder how your case went.

I have the same problem. My husband and I are currently residing in Beijing. I went to the US Embassy for the required fingerprints, but they said they have to receive a request from USCIS before they will do the fingerprints. So did you send your fingerprinting with N400 package? If not, did you receive the request letter afterwards?

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks.

A.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.