Jadenjewel

waiting for interview...

14 posts in this topic

Well from what I can see we are the one's currently waiting for our interviews for the CR1 visa interview in Montreal. If I've missed some one sorry. I thought this would be a good place for those of us hung up waiting and ready to pull our hair out for NVC and Montreal dates to commiserate or drown out sorrows or offer support. Not meaning to leave others out . I just can't believe after filing Sept 1st 2009 that I'm still waiting and others too when we don't even know a reason why Montreal is so slow. The economy is slow and so why not hire some workers for Montreal???

birdnerd.......01/26/10..<-date filed I-130/Pkt 3 Mar 25....03/26/10........N.....04/28/10

mtlgato........02/05/10.....02/12/10........04/11/10........04/09/10........N.....05/12/10

ValerieA.EP....02/10/10.....02/17/10........04/12/10........04/12/10

CanadiandggalEP02/18/10.....02/25/10........03/23/10........03/28/10........Y.....05/18/10Jadenjewel.EP..02/19/10.....03/02/10........04/28/10........04/28/10........-.....06/04/10

kaya541........02/25/10.....--/--/--........03/18/10........--/--/--........Y.....06/30/10

leonsgal70.....03/18/10..<-date filed I-130/Pkt 3 Apr 26....04/26/10........N.....05/10/10

kimberlyk21....03/18/10..<-date filed I-130.--/--/--........05/10/10........N.....05/12/10

Musi.EP........03/24/10.....03/30/10........04/27/10........--/--/--........-.....05/19/10

CraignJacquie..04/02/10.....04/15/10........04/22/10........04/22/10........-.....05/19/10

shewolf........04/07/10.....--/--/--........--/--/--........--/--/--........-.....04/07/10

CanAmBride.....04/19/10.....--/--/--........--/--/--........--/--/--........-.....06/04/10

CAN2US.EP......04/22/10.....04/26/10........05/05/10........--/--/--........-.....05/19/10

Martine&Dana...05/04/10.....05/12/10........05/18/10........05/21/10........N.....07/09/10

This song is for my love who I miss so much ...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIdIqbv7SPo

Hang in there everybody!!!

Jewel

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

While I haven't been in limbo for nearly as long... the more I spend on this site the more anxious I get. I have a very small window for me to have both my father adn my best friend at my wedding (otherwise they will be in Saudi Arabia/New Zealand respectively) and if I do not get an interview before Dec that window will close.

Jewel I'm sorry you have been apart from your husband for so long I hope that you two don't live too far and have been able to see each other in the meantime.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Seriously, I've been watching these threads for a while now and it seems Montreal has always been this way. Maybe they only have a certain number of Visa's they allow out a month and thus only book so many interviews? It just sounds too simple 'hire more'... I'll be interested to see which of you IR-1/CR1 applicants get your interviews for Sept.

Good luck!

See profile for our K-1 Visa/AOS story from 2010-2011Apparently we love USCIS/NVC so much we left and are doing it again! This time giving IR-1 a whirl. Rock on immigrators.

07/09/2014 sent in IR-1 packet to Chicago Lockbox

07/16/2014 NOA1

07/17/2014 check cashed by USCIS

10/01/2014 found out we are expecting baby #2 June 2015!

12/15/2014 NOA2

12/30/2014 Case received by NVC

03/23/2015 Received Case and Inv # from NVC after many calls and bogus excuses.

03/24/2015 AOS payment accepted by NVC

04/09/2015 IV payment finally accepted by NVC after the set the wrong fee and took weeks to correct it.

*many more delays thanks to the agency processing my fingers prints to the RCMP and the post office losing our mail*

05/20/2015 Packet sent to NVC via UPS, eta May 28.

06/16/2015 Baby #2 due - homebirth in Scottsdale, AZ

Timeline

Im just as frustrated as everyone else maybe a tad more at times. My case should have been completed April 4th but they didn't accept my court records so I had to go on a wild goose chase for paperwork.(It was not fun) Just Hang in there guys it is coming soon. I think there is 4-5 people waiting for interviews before me so once they hear something I will start to get excited. Good luck all

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

We had our interview last week in MTL - there were only 5 or so of us family-related (not all were marriage based, some relatives) immigration interviews schedules from what I could tell. I think there may have been a few K-1s as well. However, they don't schedule very many of them and I don't think they do them every day of the month (maybe only a few days a month) considering the posts on here. Seems strange to me.. Hope you all hear soon!

Removal of Conditions Journey:

2012 May 4 - mailed I-751

2012 May 8 - delivered @ CSC

2012 May 18 - NOA1

2012 Jun 15 - biometrics appointment

2012 Dec 12 - I-751 approved

2012 Dec 20 - Received 10-year GC!

Timeline

I agree that the problem at Mtl has clearly been going on for quite some time. The people who had NVC case completes in/ around April were a bit less unfortunate than the rest of us (their wait-times for the interview date were bad, but not as bad as those for many/ most people before or after them)...but basically things have been bad, bad, bad at Mtl for a while. There's obviously zero political will to change the situation...though WHY is indeed a bit of a mystery to me.

I sort of get that this process isn't supposed to be altogether quick/ easy...but what I really don't get is why *Canadians* should have to deal with an extra slow process. Why are people from other countries getting through so much more quickly (or should I say less slowly?)? That's the part that I *just* *don't* *get.*

As for my own personal situation...I'm starting to become slightly paranoid in that I'm thinking that maybe my case was deliberately slowed down once NVC realized that I was hoping to have my baby in the US. As I've said before, I had SIF at NVC on April 22...which SHOULD have got me in at Mtl for a July interview. But mysteriously they held off on my CC until May 22.

I know, I know: It was probably totally an impersonal thing that slowed my case down; it had nothing to do, probably, with what they knew about my baby. I'm just so disappointed to have to wait all this extra time. I'm probably going to be given an interview date that I'll have to reschedule...and then god only knows when I'll ever get another date :(

In my case, I have to hope that I'm not offered a Sept. date at all...I *hope* they'll offer me a late Oct. date...and I *hope* my baby doesn't come late! It's due Oct. 3. I can only hope that it's on time, and that I have the birth certificate promptly...I can't even fly domestically with the baby without the birth certificate, and I can't go to Mtl from Vancouver without my baby while he/ she is so young...

Meanwhile, I do hope SOME people at least get Sept. dates. It makes me very sad to see that there's NOTHING going on on the Mtl interview front AT ALL.

Btw, like jadenjewel I filed the I-130 in Sept. of 2009.

C.

Edited by mtlgato

So this evening after talking to polite young man named Aidan, he said no interviews scheduled for Montreal now till Sept. They will be done beginning next week and to call back around the 17th, to see if I won the VISA INTERVIEW draw lottery. That is what it feels like. He said Canada is pretty good compared to some places that are waiting 9 months for an interviewsad.gif YIKES

Montreal has a quota to fill of each visa type. (CR1, K3, etc , refugee's as well I suppose) and yes they are back logged. If you email Montreal, unless you have dire circumstances and I doubt my sobbing on the phone counts, don't hold your breath. Drink Tequila instead. no0pb.gif Okay so I'm hoping that the border people will allow me in again as I can't stand this waiting and will fly down again, and so our budget is blown and a honeymoon we've waited to take will be on hold.ClockWatch2.gifbut I miss him!!! and I'll go stir crazy here checking my email every hour.cray5ol.gifFor those of you who aren't able to do this, I feel for you!!!!

So someone add some humour to this please>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Timeline

So this evening after talking to polite young man named Aidan, he said no interviews scheduled for Montreal now till Sept. They will be done beginning next week and to call back around the 17th, to see if I won the VISA INTERVIEW draw lottery.

Wait WHAT? "Aidan" said no interviews are being assigned until August 17th? Now if that's not laughable I don't know what is Jadenjewel.... :rofl: Oh my!

See profile for our K-1 Visa/AOS story from 2010-2011Apparently we love USCIS/NVC so much we left and are doing it again! This time giving IR-1 a whirl. Rock on immigrators.

07/09/2014 sent in IR-1 packet to Chicago Lockbox

07/16/2014 NOA1

07/17/2014 check cashed by USCIS

10/01/2014 found out we are expecting baby #2 June 2015!

12/15/2014 NOA2

12/30/2014 Case received by NVC

03/23/2015 Received Case and Inv # from NVC after many calls and bogus excuses.

03/24/2015 AOS payment accepted by NVC

04/09/2015 IV payment finally accepted by NVC after the set the wrong fee and took weeks to correct it.

*many more delays thanks to the agency processing my fingers prints to the RCMP and the post office losing our mail*

05/20/2015 Packet sent to NVC via UPS, eta May 28.

06/16/2015 Baby #2 due - homebirth in Scottsdale, AZ

Timeline

Hey now, Aidan might know more then we do, -ponders the thought-. I do wonder how many people call a day and ###### at people like Aidan. I want to win the lottery, how much i got to pay? how many tickets can i buy? My numbers are 3,9,16,19,24,28,52. :P

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Timeline

I do believe I've talked to "Aidan" before. He's at NVC, right? I'm sorry to say this...but, though, yes, he's polite and everything...I think he's just one of those clueless NVC operators and what he's telling you is just the usual "interviews are scheduled in the second week of the month" BS. We should all know by now to distrust this party line. The last several months, CR1/ IR1 interviews for VJers have been scheduled (if at all) at the *end* of the month. I'd be willing to bet money that we see NO interviews scheduled next week.

C.

So this evening after talking to polite young man named Aidan, he said no interviews scheduled for Montreal now till Sept. They will be done beginning next week and to call back around the 17th, to see if I won the VISA INTERVIEW draw lottery. That is what it feels like. He said Canada is pretty good compared to some places that are waiting 9 months for an interviewsad.gif YIKES

Montreal has a quota to fill of each visa type. (CR1, K3, etc , refugee's as well I suppose) and yes they are back logged. If you email Montreal, unless you have dire circumstances and I doubt my sobbing on the phone counts, don't hold your breath. Drink Tequila instead. no0pb.gif Okay so I'm hoping that the border people will allow me in again as I can't stand this waiting and will fly down again, and so our budget is blown and a honeymoon we've waited to take will be on hold.ClockWatch2.gifbut I miss him!!! and I'll go stir crazy here checking my email every hour.cray5ol.gifFor those of you who aren't able to do this, I feel for you!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

With my timeline I doubt I'll be in the next batch of interviews but I will go back to hoping that I find out by the 24th (our 3rd anniversary) we cant afford to do anything with all these immigration, wedding, car (he totalled his car, hes ok, but car is right off so we have to purchase a new (to us) car on top of EVERYTHING else. You know I'm pretty good with dealing with stress but when you add Immigration + Wedding + International Move + Car Shopping + Online University Course = TOO MUCH STRESS! AHHHHHHH Ok just had to vent for a sec :)

Timeline

So I just called the DOS just to make sure they at least had our file at Montreal since it's been 5 weeks that our case was approved at the NVC, and the guy on the phone said they dont' have it yet! That it's taking an average of 5 weeks to receive and log the files right now. Now it's funny that he said it's taking 5 weeks when I said we were approved 5 weeks ago..... tried to call back and have someone else check it, but the line just rang and rang.

This is so frustrating. If we hadn't had the RFE on the military records and my tax transcript for last year (for whatever reason they wouldn't accept my W-2 and copy of the completed 1040 form), we would have been finished in April and maybe had our interview date already like some others from the same month. Grrrrrr.

Have the rest of you who had case complete in May - June - July called to see if your file has been received in Montreal yet?

Edited by kaya541

Timeline

I completely get what you are staying kaya, My case should have completed april 5th but due to them rejecting some court papers, I had to go on a journey to get exactly what they wanted took some time. I case completed may 18th,I would have had an interview date with the rest of them in june/july, however I have given up looking at my email for the purpose of the interview letter. I use to jump everytime my husbands phone would beep as it meant there was a new email, now I just cant bare to run to check the email. However I do know that nothing can speed up the process and all we can do is try to keep our heads up.

Our time will come soon, and the end result is worth it all.

I do pray we hear something soon as it looks like we find out 8 weeks before the actually date of the interview.

age.png

age.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.