Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

I-130 for mother - requirements

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines

Hello everybody! I want to petition my mother thru I-130. I'm a USC and my mother is residing outside US. I need help with all of the requirements need before I submit the package. Right now here is the only list and forms that I know that shall be in the package.

1. Cover letter

2. I-130 form

3. Payment of $355.00

4. USC birth certificate( petitioner)


My questions are: 1. Do I need to submit Affidavit of Support with the package right now?

2. Do I need to submit G-325a, passport photo of USC and my mom?

3. What are the other requirements/forms that shall be included in my package?

Any help and suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks guys! Godbless!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites



1. Form I-130

2. $355.00 fee

3. Proof of Citizenship ( a copy of Naturalization certificate or USC passport)

4. Birth Certificate ( petitioner's,showing the relationship of your mom and yourself)

5. A copy of your marriage certificate, evidence of change name

Once approved you will rcv. an approval notice and that your case is sent to NVC for further processing, they will also assign a new case number.

then you will rcv DS3032 Choice of Agent and AOS fee of $ 70.00 and intructions.

Once AOS is paid online you will then print a coversheet that contains barcode and attach this with the ff documents:

1. Form I-864 affidavit of support

2. W2's

3. Income tax return (latest)

note: may add employment letter and pay stub.

4. proof of citizenship.

The beneficiary will then sign the DS3032 choice of agent to be sent back to NVC. Once NVC accepts these, they will then send further intstructions to your agent ( usually the petitioner) and a fee of $400.00 IV IMMIGRATION FEE. once the status is paid ,you will then print the cover sheet and attach this on the top of the following documents:

1. DS230 form

2. birth certificate (mom)

3. marriage certificate (mom)

4. passport copies (mom)

5. Police certificate ( NBI for filipinos)

6. 2 (2x2) photos (mom)

add the ff:

1. your birth certifcate

2. your marriage certificate


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...