Galateia

Anyone feel like they've made a huge mistake?

294 posts in this topic

The funny thing about Tim Hortons no longer making the donuts in the stores------They changed how they did it for months before announcing it to the public, and no 1 complained!! BUT once they heard they were no longer "fresh" then they stated they sucked,lol

Maybe the town I lived in was small enough that they kept making them fresh right up to the end :unsure: Jim and I would buy a cheesecake (real cheap too!) and we got to know one of the workers there real good. She said that she could put any topping on it because that's what they used to fill doughnuts with. (chocolate, blueberry, etc) ...and she just charged us for the cake too :) *less than $10*

One day we went in and she told us..."this is the last time I can do this...we're having all our goodies shipped in now...we're not making them here anymore" Oh well, it was good while it lasted...

Um Yeah...hijacked thread...do I feel like I made a mistake...???? :blink:

I sure do wish I was home now so I wouldn't be dealing with all this humidity and high temperatures that I'm not used too!!! Oh, and the crazy drivers!! I think for me right now, not working has put a big strain on me; I feel I don't have an identity. I'm looking at possible schooling, but at my age, I'm going to be very picky. The tech college here though is adding a new course, entry level ( that sounds good to me so far!) but not enough info online for it yet, so we're going to go to the campus to find out more. I wouldn't be able to start this fall, as we're going away for 2 weeks end of Sept. but maybe for next year...depending.

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

The funny thing about Tim Hortons no longer making the donuts in the stores------They changed how they did it for months before announcing it to the public, and no 1 complained!! BUT once they heard they were no longer "fresh" then they stated they sucked,lol

This isnt an uncommon thing in chain stores since often when quality slips people will just think its "their" store.

Most consumers wont complain about things to the store anyhow, they simply stop going/purchasing when the problem remains for a time.

Being told that its a global official policy change though usually makes people a little more vocal, especially a franchise like Tim's, the media were probably shoving microphones in everyones face over it.

In that case, they ought to at least knock. :wacko:

or they could stay naked whenever they are in their room

:blush: might be embarrassing but after one time walking in without knocking the MIL wouldnt do that again :innocent::whistle:

:ot2:

reading through i have to make comment on some things... marriage in and of itself requires SOOOO much change and a lot of the things i see mentioned are marriage things as well as immigration things. (i've been married previously so definitely can relate!) Even just moving to a different home inside same country can be quite stressful because it can be quite different from state to state or even city to city (i have XP with traveling from Ohio, FL, NY, MS and the differences are so drastic!). I wont even speak on living with in-laws other than to say i have never had to (Thank You GOD for sparing me that!) and i will keep those in my prayers who have to. As much as you can love your in-laws even then it can be soooo very difficult to have 24/7 contact with ANYONE not your spouse or child (and even then it can be quite a test :hehe: )

I know it is so easy "to lose yourself" if you let it happen when you feel off track. cry if you must, over things of the past (old friends, old job, old home where you grew up etc), then pull up your big girl panties and move on... your future awaits and you are in control of it.

if you cannot find a job in your field, or you are not allowed to work yet, definitely look for hobbies and volunteer opportunities which can give experience, AND CAN lead to great jobs, it's a fact! And at very least it gets you out of home, around people with same interests which can lead to great friendships, you can be helping so many in these hard times (even those of us who are struggling financially can give our time) and gives you a purpose to get up and get moving every morning.

speaking of that... DONT sit around in your jammies all day and PLEASE! turn off the TV! turn on music that lifts your heart whether that is inspirational, rock-n-roll, whatever it be and turn off that depression box of soap operas, "reality shows", shows where the people bash each other constantly (horrible for family values when you see nothing but dads getting bashed for being stupid and the kids are terrible - but thats another topic :P) and the news is nothing but bad news!!

seriously, get up in morning, do your hygiene and dress like you are going out of the house WILL make you feel better and also you will be prepared if soemone calls at last minute, you are ready to run out door, or if you have a thought to go soemwhere or do something you can just go rather than saying "oh i dont feel like getting dressed and by the time i do whatever is happening will be over" ... depression will do that to you.

added benefit is that by looking nice every day when your husband comes home it gives him happiness to see you looking nice (our men do want us to be healthy and happy and it hurts them to see us sad)... that could lead to more ummm :whistle: intimate time which also helps with depression (get those feel good endorphins flowing) and can help to relax and destress you a little more. also will bring you more close and make you realize why you want to be where you are.

for the girls... spend some time doing girlie things, and this might sound weird but try it if you are missing your friends badly... set aside once a month for you to have girl time with each of your friends over the phone when nights and weeknds are free on cellphone or on yahoo or google voice calls (free). plan to wash your hair before the call then do your hair, paint your toenails and fingernails togetehr and just gab like you would if you were together. i know it sounds weird but try it if you are mising them badly. New moms will especially love it because it's hard to get away from a new baby so for the gals who have 'new mom' friends i tell you, even if you were in same town you woud not be seeing them as much and they too will be feeling isolated so reach out to them!! they will be so happy to be able to plan ahead because it is hard to get togetehr with friends when you have a new baby so plan to "meet" after the baby's bedtime... and be flexible in case the baby interrupts :star:

As for school... well, there is nothing keeping you from learning and reading eveyrthing you can get your hands on at the closest big city library (i know small towns are VERY limited!) as well as the internet (arent we so very blessed to be living in this time?!)

Also, what about taking up soemthing new for fun? Learn soemthing new: a needlework hobby or a field of study you can do online or even take Rumba classes (or just get the video and do it at home with your husband :whistle: )

schedule things with your husband as well... see if you can meet him for lunch once a week for a date, have a movie night once a week (you can get movies/DVDs at library here in states), take a walk together in evening a couple nights a week... and write these things down in your calendar so you dont put them off!!!

Do soemthing nice for yourself each day, whether it's just taking the time to workout or take a long hot bubble bath or doing your nails or whatever relaxes you, and definitely do soemthing nice for your husband each day to show him he is loved... it can be as small as putting a note on his car steering wheel or soemwhere he will find it through the day to as big as making his favorite meal and serving it by candlelight and giving him a massage after dinner (L) or before dinner :lol:

i'm sorry for rambling, just hate for anyone to feel so sad inside when having happiness is at their fingertips, you just have to change what's not working and i tell you soemthing else - our lives dont always work out like we plan or think we want, but they always work out for the best eventually. keep your head held high and be thankful for all things even small.

keep a 'thankful journal' and every day find at least one good thing about your life and when things are truly horrible you can look back thru all things you have to be thankful for!

it's all about mindset. one time years ago i saw something that today, repeating it now, makes me look at my own mindset with my son :unsure: i guess i need a readjustment as well. she said she would hear other women complaining about picking up socks from floor and so on and she thought to herself but didnt say "at least you have a husband to pick up after" because her husband had passed on unexpectedly and she was left alone. talk about a monkeywrench in your life plans!!

So just be thankful each day for what you have and for what you had in the past... make your future better in whatever way you can from those past experiences. when we marry we leave the things of the past behind us and move forward with our spouses to a new future.

i hope in some way you can get benefit from this post and just know that pretty much everyone has adjustment problems when they marry, whether it involves immigration or not, but you wont be given anything more in this life than you can handle :luv:

if you gave your info (receipt #s, full name, etc) to anyone on VJ under the guise that they would "help" you through the immigration journey with his inside contacts (like his sister at USCIS) ... please contact OLUInquiries@dhs.gov, and go to http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact to report anything suspicious. Contact your congressman and senator's offices as well.

http://www.stviateurbagel.com

FTW and omg you can order them :P hubby promised me sometime this year we can order them..i'm almost drooling just thinking of them...sigh :)

THAT'S THE PLACE!!!

Order?!!!

Holy schmamoly.

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

My parents are still there, so I'll be in the 'bridge when I visit. And yes, it has changed a LOT in the past few years.

I have memories of the young people hanging out at the donut shops or driving up & down 7 blaring their gino beats out of their suped up civics!

***I wasn't one of those "cool" poeple, lol.***

What I really miss is having a good veal-on-a-bun from some Italian place(Molisana). Can't find anything good here.

Yeah, my parents and grandparents are still in Woodbridge, so whenever I get to visit, that's where I'll be heading. I also have family in Richmond Hill and some in... Eesh, I can't remember where. They moved after I did.

I am sure whenever I get to go visit, I'll walk around, jaw agape at all the things that have changed. I was never categorized as a gina so I didn't really participate in that little bit of "culture" (lmao), though my high school was mainly populated with that crowd. The ginos and their music is about the one thing that I'm glad doesn't exist where I now am, but of course there is obligatory (and equally ear-bleeding) Mexican music blared every once in a while. It's diluted because the population is so spread out, though. Not actual nice Mexican music, but that "we're going to blast the bass while we drive by so all you hear is THUMP THUMP, THUMP THUMP, THUMP-A-THUMP-A."

I have often thought about veal on a bun. I recall Molisana bakery but I didn't shop/pass by there often so it's moreso a name than anything else. We used to get our veal sandwiches at San Antonio Foods, at the plaza across from Weston Produce (which has since closed, wow!). Veal is pretty much non-existant in the small grocery stores here. I don't really shop at the higher price-bracket places - kinda like going to a very dumbed down version of No Frills compared to say Fortinos or Longos. No Frills looks godly in comparison.

I also have come to absolutely loathe this one commercial for mascarpone cheese. They spokesperson (probably CEO or something) doesn't even attempt to pronounce it or any other Italian word properly. They should so totally let me do one of their commercials (for copious amounts of cash) just so they have someone who can "play the part" to make their product seem a tad more authentic, lol.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah, my parents and grandparents are still in Woodbridge, so whenever I get to visit, that's where I'll be heading. I also have family in Richmond Hill and some in... Eesh, I can't remember where. They moved after I did.

I am sure whenever I get to go visit, I'll walk around, jaw agape at all the things that have changed. I was never categorized as a gina so I didn't really participate in that little bit of "culture" (lmao), though my high school was mainly populated with that crowd. The ginos and their music is about the one thing that I'm glad doesn't exist where I now am, but of course there is obligatory (and equally ear-bleeding) Mexican music blared every once in a while. It's diluted because the population is so spread out, though. Not actual nice Mexican music, but that "we're going to blast the bass while we drive by so all you hear is THUMP THUMP, THUMP THUMP, THUMP-A-THUMP-A."

I have often thought about veal on a bun. I recall Molisana bakery but I didn't shop/pass by there often so it's moreso a name than anything else. We used to get our veal sandwiches at San Antonio Foods, at the plaza across from Weston Produce (which has since closed, wow!). Veal is pretty much non-existant in the small grocery stores here. I don't really shop at the higher price-bracket places - kinda like going to a very dumbed down version of No Frills compared to say Fortinos or Longos. No Frills looks godly in comparison.

I also have come to absolutely loathe this one commercial for mascarpone cheese. They spokesperson (probably CEO or something) doesn't even attempt to pronounce it or any other Italian word properly. They should so totally let me do one of their commercials (for copious amounts of cash) just so they have someone who can "play the part" to make their product seem a tad more authentic, lol.

Yea, Weston Produce was a Woodbridge icon! I still can't believe it closed. Do you remember that "supposed" mafia hit around Christmas/New Years years ago? The guy was found dead in the WP parking lot hangin out of the driver's side window? That was crazy.

San Antonio has great veal on a bun as well...gosh this is really making me crave it now!

I'm surprised that I can find Mascarpone cheese here & glad too! Love making Tiramisu

8/2/2021:  Mailed N-400

8/4/2021: N-400 received

8/6/2021:  Biometrics to be reused
3/15/2022:  Interview (successful)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

or they could stay naked whenever they are in their room

:blush: might be embarrassing but after one time walking in without knocking the MIL wouldnt do that again :innocent::whistle:

:ot2:

reading through i have to make comment on some things... marriage in and of itself requires SOOOO much change and a lot of the things i see mentioned are marriage things as well as immigration things. (i've been married previously so definitely can relate!) Even just moving to a different home inside same country can be quite stressful because it can be quite different from state to state or even city to city (i have XP with traveling from Ohio, FL, NY, MS and the differences are so drastic!). I wont even speak on living with in-laws other than to say i have never had to (Thank You GOD for sparing me that!) and i will keep those in my prayers who have to. As much as you can love your in-laws even then it can be soooo very difficult to have 24/7 contact with ANYONE not your spouse or child (and even then it can be quite a test :hehe: )

I know it is so easy "to lose yourself" if you let it happen when you feel off track. cry if you must, over things of the past (old friends, old job, old home where you grew up etc), then pull up your big girl panties and move on... your future awaits and you are in control of it.

if you cannot find a job in your field, or you are not allowed to work yet, definitely look for hobbies and volunteer opportunities which can give experience, AND CAN lead to great jobs, it's a fact! And at very least it gets you out of home, around people with same interests which can lead to great friendships, you can be helping so many in these hard times (even those of us who are struggling financially can give our time) and gives you a purpose to get up and get moving every morning.

speaking of that... DONT sit around in your jammies all day and PLEASE! turn off the TV! turn on music that lifts your heart whether that is inspirational, rock-n-roll, whatever it be and turn off that depression box of soap operas, "reality shows", shows where the people bash each other constantly (horrible for family values when you see nothing but dads getting bashed for being stupid and the kids are terrible - but thats another topic :P) and the news is nothing but bad news!!

seriously, get up in morning, do your hygiene and dress like you are going out of the house WILL make you feel better and also you will be prepared if soemone calls at last minute, you are ready to run out door, or if you have a thought to go soemwhere or do something you can just go rather than saying "oh i dont feel like getting dressed and by the time i do whatever is happening will be over" ... depression will do that to you.

added benefit is that by looking nice every day when your husband comes home it gives him happiness to see you looking nice (our men do want us to be healthy and happy and it hurts them to see us sad)... that could lead to more ummm :whistle: intimate time which also helps with depression (get those feel good endorphins flowing) and can help to relax and destress you a little more. also will bring you more close and make you realize why you want to be where you are.

for the girls... spend some time doing girlie things, and this might sound weird but try it if you are missing your friends badly... set aside once a month for you to have girl time with each of your friends over the phone when nights and weeknds are free on cellphone or on yahoo or google voice calls (free). plan to wash your hair before the call then do your hair, paint your toenails and fingernails togetehr and just gab like you would if you were together. i know it sounds weird but try it if you are mising them badly. New moms will especially love it because it's hard to get away from a new baby so for the gals who have 'new mom' friends i tell you, even if you were in same town you woud not be seeing them as much and they too will be feeling isolated so reach out to them!! they will be so happy to be able to plan ahead because it is hard to get togetehr with friends when you have a new baby so plan to "meet" after the baby's bedtime... and be flexible in case the baby interrupts :star:

As for school... well, there is nothing keeping you from learning and reading eveyrthing you can get your hands on at the closest big city library (i know small towns are VERY limited!) as well as the internet (arent we so very blessed to be living in this time?!)

Also, what about taking up soemthing new for fun? Learn soemthing new: a needlework hobby or a field of study you can do online or even take Rumba classes (or just get the video and do it at home with your husband :whistle: )

schedule things with your husband as well... see if you can meet him for lunch once a week for a date, have a movie night once a week (you can get movies/DVDs at library here in states), take a walk together in evening a couple nights a week... and write these things down in your calendar so you dont put them off!!!

Do soemthing nice for yourself each day, whether it's just taking the time to workout or take a long hot bubble bath or doing your nails or whatever relaxes you, and definitely do soemthing nice for your husband each day to show him he is loved... it can be as small as putting a note on his car steering wheel or soemwhere he will find it through the day to as big as making his favorite meal and serving it by candlelight and giving him a massage after dinner (L) or before dinner :lol:

i'm sorry for rambling, just hate for anyone to feel so sad inside when having happiness is at their fingertips, you just have to change what's not working and i tell you soemthing else - our lives dont always work out like we plan or think we want, but they always work out for the best eventually. keep your head held high and be thankful for all things even small.

keep a 'thankful journal' and every day find at least one good thing about your life and when things are truly horrible you can look back thru all things you have to be thankful for!

it's all about mindset. one time years ago i saw something that today, repeating it now, makes me look at my own mindset with my son :unsure: i guess i need a readjustment as well. she said she would hear other women complaining about picking up socks from floor and so on and she thought to herself but didnt say "at least you have a husband to pick up after" because her husband had passed on unexpectedly and she was left alone. talk about a monkeywrench in your life plans!!

So just be thankful each day for what you have and for what you had in the past... make your future better in whatever way you can from those past experiences. when we marry we leave the things of the past behind us and move forward with our spouses to a new future.

i hope in some way you can get benefit from this post and just know that pretty much everyone has adjustment problems when they marry, whether it involves immigration or not, but you wont be given anything more in this life than you can handle :luv:

Very nice, inspiring post :) Thanks for the uplifting words!

a thought on bagels ... homemade "food" is always better than storebought (dont know about bagels though); anyone feel up to trying to make some at home? :D i have recipes but never the guts to try it. it really looks easy from the directions so dont know why i'm such a baby about trying it cause i love to cook and bake :P think it's the step where you throw them in hot water that freaks me out = something's not right about throwing bread dough into water :rofl:

Edited by nab

if you gave your info (receipt #s, full name, etc) to anyone on VJ under the guise that they would "help" you through the immigration journey with his inside contacts (like his sister at USCIS) ... please contact OLUInquiries@dhs.gov, and go to http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact to report anything suspicious. Contact your congressman and senator's offices as well.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

OMG I can totally relate to you and buying veal around here. I'm lucky enough to find it since there are a lot of "Italian American" people here, but it's still not the same as the stuff that you find in the GTA. And, the grocery store by me are also not what I'm used to. NYC = tiny stores that are not well maintained. I am glad I found Trader Joe's though.

And I know exactly what commericial you're talking about and my husband and I were making fun of it the other day. It was horrendous!! I miss the San Danielle Mortadella commercials, LOL.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline

Yea, Weston Produce was a Woodbridge icon! I still can't believe it closed. Do you remember that "supposed" mafia hit around Christmas/New Years years ago? The guy was found dead in the WP parking lot hangin out of the driver's side window? That was crazy.

San Antonio has great veal on a bun as well...gosh this is really making me crave it now!

I'm surprised that I can find Mascarpone cheese here & glad too! Love making Tiramisu

:o I had not heard about that! I came to the US as a visit 5 years ago and ended up staying; most of the news I get from my family is regarding my family. That would've been quite the news story, I bet, eep...

San Antonio also had good pizzas. The only mom&pop pizza place in this town closed down years ago so it takes going to another town to get somewhat decent pizza. There are, however, at least 3 "Mexican" restaurants around.

I might be able to fine mascarpone cheese here, but then I'd have to try and find the utterly elusive "giant lady finger" biscuits.

I have the feeling you and I could keep reminiscing about various Woodbridge things for a long time, haha. Like... Did you know they used some of Woodbridge for a Disney movie - and also something from Gene Roddenberry was shot outside one of the recreation centers! I can't find anything about whatever Roddenberry shot, but I recall driving by and seeing a sign out. I think they were using the field perhaps.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alley_Cats_Strike <- Disney Movie

@ Nab

The posts you've written are very inspirational and heartwarming. :) *Big hug!* I've always wanted to bake but never have the ingredients on hand. I think I read somewhere there is a way to make bagels in the oven but it really does seem that throwing them in the water is a defining characteristic, hehe.

OMG I can totally relate to you and buying veal around here. I'm lucky enough to find it since there are a lot of "Italian American" people here, but it's still not the same as the stuff that you find in the GTA. And, the grocery store by me are also not what I'm used to. NYC = tiny stores that are not well maintained. I am glad I found Trader Joe's though.

And I know exactly what commericial you're talking about and my husband and I were making fun of it the other day. It was horrendous!! I miss the San Danielle Mortadella commercials, LOL.

I've heard there's a Trader Joe's around here - but a 40 minute drive doesn't make it too convenient. I don't think we could afford to shop there, either, so I guess it's good to not have it nearby. I'd just feel more frustrated.

AHA! You know the commercial! I cringe every time I see it. I also miss those San Danielle Moradella commercials. They have no Kinder Surprise eggs here - #######!?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

http://www.stviateurbagel.com

FTW and omg you can order them :P hubby promised me sometime this year we can order them..i'm almost drooling just thinking of them...sigh :)

That's definitely the place -- my wife took me there the first time we went to Montreal. She found a place in Toronto that does Montreal-style bagels, but we haven't found anyplace in Rochester yet that does it. Probably they all think that there's no topping the New York bagel. *harumph* :P

Pauley on Twitter

Pauley on Facebook

Wedding photos on Flickr

*** If you add me on Twitter or Facebook from here, let me know who you are so I don't ignore/block you out-of-hand 'cause I don't recognize you! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

:o I had not heard about that! I came to the US as a visit 5 years ago and ended up staying; most of the news I get from my family is regarding my family. That would've been quite the news story, I bet, eep...

San Antonio also had good pizzas. The only mom&pop pizza place in this town closed down years ago so it takes going to another town to get somewhat decent pizza. There are, however, at least 3 "Mexican" restaurants around.

I might be able to fine mascarpone cheese here, but then I'd have to try and find the utterly elusive "giant lady finger" biscuits.

I have the feeling you and I could keep reminiscing about various Woodbridge things for a long time, haha. Like... Did you know they used some of Woodbridge for a Disney movie - and also something from Gene Roddenberry was shot outside one of the recreation centers! I can't find anything about whatever Roddenberry shot, but I recall driving by and seeing a sign out. I think they were using the field perhaps.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alley_Cats_Strike <- Disney Movie

@ Nab

The posts you've written are very inspirational and heartwarming. :) *Big hug!* I've always wanted to bake but never have the ingredients on hand. I think I read somewhere there is a way to make bagels in the oven but it really does seem that throwing them in the water is a defining characteristic, hehe.

I've heard there's a Trader Joe's around here - but a 40 minute drive doesn't make it too convenient. I don't think we could afford to shop there, either, so I guess it's good to not have it nearby. I'd just feel more frustrated.

AHA! You know the commercial! I cringe every time I see it. I also miss those San Danielle Moradella commercials. They have no Kinder Surprise eggs here - #######!?

Actually Trader Joe's isn't as expensive as people think. All of their stuff is VERY affordable - they don't carry brand names, only Trader Joe brand name stuff, and it's very good quality. Reminds me of President's Choice stuff. Not sure if its worth a 40 minute drive, but if you're ever in the area you should check it out! The milk, bread, etc. prices are all cheaper than some of our discount grocery stores.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

I love Trader Joe's. Surprisingly we've noticed it's not really more expensive than a regular grocery store. It's actually one thing I would miss if I were to go back to Canada. Go figure.

I forgot about Kinder Surprise Eggs (used to have a shoebox full of the 'surprises'). Now I am sad. :(

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Timeline

Actually Trader Joe's isn't as expensive as people think. All of their stuff is VERY affordable - they don't carry brand names, only Trader Joe brand name stuff, and it's very good quality. Reminds me of President's Choice stuff. Not sure if its worth a 40 minute drive, but if you're ever in the area you should check it out! The milk, bread, etc. prices are all cheaper than some of our discount grocery stores.

I love Trader Joe's. Surprisingly we've noticed it's not really more expensive than a regular grocery store. It's actually one thing I would miss if I were to go back to Canada. Go figure.

I forgot about Kinder Surprise Eggs (used to have a shoebox full of the 'surprises'). Now I am sad. :(

I am surprised to read that their prices aren't too bad. A 40 minute drive is certainly out of the way, but I would not mind to pop in if ever I was in the general vicinity to have a look-see.

Ashen, I'm right there with you in saddened by not having Kinder Surprise Eggs here. There's so many small things in Canada that I can't find here. So far as cuisine goes, I don't think there's anything here that I would miss if I were back in Canada. Well, maybe 1 thing. There's some pretty good pulled pork BBQ, but I don't eat it often enough to foresee myself missing and craving it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.