teff

Upcoming stages-Mexico

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi Guys, a few questions since it seems I always happen to confuse myself. Last Friday i recieved a letter for the NVC that they recieved an approved fiance visa for my fiance and that in 1 week it will be forwarded to Ciudad juarez, Mexico. I suppose this is NOA2? now the bottom of the page also said that my fiance is going to recieve a package (i guess package 3) telling him everything to bring to his interview, affidavit of support etc. I thought I was suppose to recieve this package since i am the one filling it out with my taxes etc. Now once i complete it should i send the originals back to the consulate, or to my fiance to hand over? And lastly im just wondering things seem to be speeding by since i started this process june14, estimating how much longer should i guess till my fiance can go for his interview? God willing everything is smooth and we are approved when can i hope to have him here in the us? Thank you so much for your help i follow this website everyday it has been getting me through this whole ordeal.

Hi and Congratulations. You should have received two I-797s Notice of Action by now. The first one was acknowledging receipt of your I-129F petition by USCIS. The second I-797 Notice of Action is normally a much longer letter that says your I-129F petition has been approved. (You need to keep this - you will need it later for the Adjustment of Status.) The I-797 form looks very official with currency-like scroll lines on it, and a Statue of Liberty hand holding a torch as a watermark. These are infamously referred to by posters on Visa Journey as NOA1 and NOA2 respectively. If you call them that when talking to an immigration official, they probably will tell you they don't know what you are talking about - I saw that on the forums yesterday.

The next document you normally would receive does come from the NVC, and is on a regular sheet of printer paper. It should have your initial INS Receipt number that appears on both I-797 documents. And it will have a Case Number beginning with CDJ2010xxxxxx. This sounds like the letter you are describing.

In this thread, I posted a copy of our package 3 letter. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/260167-k1-visa-packets-123/

It's just a single page letter. Read that thread. It should clear up a few of your questions.

Let me address a couple more of your concerns here. The packet 3 letter will be sent to both the USC and the beneficiary. Read the thread, especially where I mention the end game. All the instructions are there. NOTHING gets sent to the consulate. You'll need to send the I-134 and copies of supporting financial documentation to your fiancee so he can take to the interview.

You should also read my (Michael) review of the CDJ consulate in the Embassy Review section.

When you get a chance, you should update your timeline and profile here. It would be easier for folks to help you. Feel free to send me a private message. I'll be happy to help. There are others here that are just ahead of you by days or a couple of weeks. You should be on the lookout for their comments too. Congratulations again. Slow down. Breathe. You have a lot of stuff to do. Read all the instructions. Be methodical. Double and triple check. Then if you still have questions, you know where to come for help. If your 129F petition was already approved, just keep up the same diligence and attitude you had when you prepared for that. I would guess that you'll hear from the CDJ within 6 weeks. If you and your fiance have everything ready by the time you hear from them, he/you could theoretically go to the consulate the very next day. I day for the medical, the next day for the interview, next day (or two) to get the visa from DHL and it's done! You'll be fine and finished before you know it!!!

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

Consulate: Juarez, Mexico

I-129F Sent: 2010-01-08

I-129F NOA1: 2010-01-11

I-129F NOA2: 2010-03-17

NVC Received: 2010-03-24

Consulate Received: 2010-04-02

Open Appointment Letter Sent: 2010-04-47

Open Appointment Letter Rcvd: 2010-05-21

Medical Exam Date: 2010-06-15

Interview Date: 2010-06-16

Interview Result: Approved

Visa Received: 2010-06-17

POE ATL: 2010-09-05

Married!: 2010-10-30

AOS package received: 2010-11-30

Biometrics: 2011-01-13

AOS transferred to CSC: 2011-01-18

EAD card production ordered: 2011-02-09

AP Approved: 2011-02-09

AP Letter Received: 2011-02-12

Green card production ordered: 2011-02-16

Green Card Received!: 2011-02-22

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.