Lematin

N-400 Interview decision cannot be made

37 posts in this topic

My mom's naturalization oath letter was just mailed yesterday! I called the 800#, and asked to speak with an Immigration Officer. The IO verified mom's mailing address, etc. She said that mom's oath taking is scheduled at 8AM on Sept 14 at 101 West Congress Parkway, Chicago, IL, 3 weeks after her interview (Aug 23).

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My mom's naturalization oath letter was just mailed yesterday! I called the 800#, and asked to speak with an Immigration Officer. The IO verified mom's mailing address, etc. She said that mom's oath taking is scheduled at 8AM on Sept 14 at 101 West Congress Parkway, Chicago, IL, 3 weeks after her interview (Aug 23).

Congratulations. Great news.

I got my oath letter yesterday. It is on 13th of september at 101 west congress parkway. Mine was mailed on the 31st of Aug.

Congrats to us and good luck for those who are still waiting.

Congratulations. Great news.

I got my oath letter yesterday. It is on 13th of september at 101 west congress parkway. Mine was mailed on the 31st of Aug.

Congrats to us and good luck for those who are still waiting.

So you will have an oath a day before my mom's, sounds good! You deserved to be sworn in since you've been waiting for 5 weeks now. Good luck to the rest of those who have applied, or are still in the process for naturalization.

I just received N-445 Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony for my mom. The details indicated the same information the IO told me yesterday when I called.

Timeline~

N400 filed: June 3, 2010.

Interview: August 23, 2010 (Decision cannot yet be made)

Oath letter: September 1, 2010

Oath date: September 14, 2010

Less than 3 1/2 months for the entire process.

Awesome!

I'm in the same boat. Interview on June 9th, no decision can be made, and still waiting. Maybe I'll try to contact an IO. Good luck to all.

N-400

03/01/10 Application sent to Phoenix

03/05/10 Receipt arrived showing delivery on 3/3/10

03/12/10 Check cashed

03/15/10 NOA

04/01/10 Fingerprint notice arrives. Scheduled 04/19/10

04/02/10 Fingerprints done early. Walk-in

04/28/10 Interview Notice

06/09/10 Interview scheduled

06/09/10 Interview passed-Decision cannot be made

09/07/10 InfoPass appt-no update

09/08/10 Letter sent to Congressman

11/01/10 Attorney Hired

02/03/11 Oath letter arrived

02/10/11 Oath Taken :) Finally a Citizen!

I-751

02/24/09 Application sent

03/06/09 NOA and conditional GC extended 1yr

03/19/09 Biometrics notice arrives

04/08/09 Biometrics

05/28/09 Approved. Conditions removed new GC ordered

06/xx/09 Received 10 yr GC

I-485

08/31/06 Application received

09/11/06 Biometrics notice arrives

09/22/06 RFE

09/23/06 Biometrics

03/28/07 Notice for interview arrives

05/21/07 Interview-passed

06/xx/07 Welcome to US Approval letter

06/xx/07 Received conditional GC

I'm in the same boat. Interview on June 9th, no decision can be made, and still waiting. Maybe I'll try to contact an IO. Good luck to all.

Your 90 days is coming up, you should make an infopass appt, or call the toll free customer service and ask to be transferred to an IO. When you're able to speak with an IO, explain that you just want to know the status of the case, or if you have missed any letters in the mail, whether or not additional documents are still being requested, etc...

Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Your 90 days is coming up, you should make an infopass appt, or call the toll free customer service and ask to be transferred to an IO. When you're able to speak with an IO, explain that you just want to know the status of the case, or if you have missed any letters in the mail, whether or not additional documents are still being requested, etc...

Good luck!

Looks close to a mile walk from Union Station, see a large parking lot across the street, but wonder if that is just for that prison. Think your oath ceremony is held in that Federal Emergency Building, certainly no parking around there. But never know for sure with google maps, always about a block or two off.

Wondered about those two guys that were trapped on the top floor of the WTC, both were communing 40 miles just to sit in front of a PC. You can do that at home. Good news, is you only have to attend your oath ceremony once. I only commuted to downtown Chicago for a couple of months, has to be a better way, was dead tired when I showed up for work fighting with all that traffic.

Lake Michigan sure gets bare north of Milwaukee, really bare in Michigan where you can drive miles without even seeing a house. Just wonder why people want to live on top of each other with all this free space.

Good luck!

I did both today. The 2nd level IO and the 800 number informed me that they sent a notice for more information. I never received any notice. I made an infopass appointment for today and the officer told me that NO notice was sent, and the case is still pending. I asked to speak with my interviewing officer or her supervisor, but was denied. She gave me a generic form memo about background checks and I was on my way. Long story short...800 number is not always accurate, and infopass does not always provide information. :blink:

N-400

03/12/10 Check cashed

03/15/10 NOA

11/01/10 Attorney Hired

I-751

04/08/09 Biometrics

I-485

09/22/06 RFE

09/23/06 Biometrics

I did both today. The 2nd level IO and the 800 number informed me that they sent a notice for more information. I never received any notice. I made an infopass appointment for today and the officer told me that NO notice was sent, and the case is still pending. I asked to speak with my interviewing officer or her supervisor, but was denied. She gave me a generic form memo about background checks and I was on my way. Long story short...800 number is not always accurate, and infopass does not always provide information. :blink:

The second level IO is able to give more details about the status of applications, in my case it helped. Did IO tell you what the notice for? I think you should contact your congressman ask them to inquire on your behalf. Good luck to you and keep us posted.

The second level IO is able to give more details about the status of applications, in my case it helped. Did IO tell you what the notice for? I think you should contact your congressman ask them to inquire on your behalf. Good luck to you and keep us posted.

Yes, I completely agree that the 2nd levelIO knows much more information that than others. But in my case, he didnt know what the notice was for, just that it was sent. Infopass officer says otherwise. I am going to take your advice on contacting my congressman.

N-400

03/12/10 Check cashed

03/15/10 NOA

11/01/10 Attorney Hired

I-751

04/08/09 Biometrics

I-485

09/22/06 RFE

09/23/06 Biometrics

Did you ever ask why you were given a memo on background checks? That could have been why they're holding you back, by law they have 120 days to adjudicate your case however. You may have to wait until then if that's ever the case. Otherwise, I would also ask for assistance from your local congressman or a US Senator. What's unclear to me really is why in the world would someone from the CIS hand you a memo on background checks at infopass, to be sure, I would call the 800# again, and try to talk to a different 2nd level IO. Better yet, have someone from there submit a case status request. Just my opinion.

Did you ever ask why you were given a memo on background checks? That could have been why they're holding you back, by law they have 120 days to adjudicate your case however. You may have to wait until then if that's ever the case. Otherwise, I would also ask for assistance from your local congressman or a US Senator. What's unclear to me really is why in the world would someone from the CIS hand you a memo on background checks at infopass, to be sure, I would call the 800# again, and try to talk to a different 2nd level IO. Better yet, have someone from there submit a case status request. Just my opinion.

She did say this was a generic memo that they are told to pass out to everyone with a pending case. She had a stack of 50+copies I'm guessing. In other words, this was not specific to my case. She mentioned that that they have a ton of cases that still need to clear a background check regardless of interview or not. My case is not. With regard to calling the 800 number, I'm actually on the phone now and on hold to speak to a 2nd level IO. I also contacted my congressman, and they are more than happy to help. The cingressional aid just emailed me a privacy form to fill out so they can act on my behalf.

N-400

03/12/10 Check cashed

03/15/10 NOA

11/01/10 Attorney Hired

I-751

04/08/09 Biometrics

I-485

09/22/06 RFE

09/23/06 Biometrics

UPDATE

After waiting an hour or so on hold, I finally got through to a very helpful 2nd level IO. She said that per her system, a RFE notice was givin to me at the interview or mailed. I indicated to her that I only recieved the N-652 form for interview results and nothing was received in the maild. She seemed rather surprised that the infopass officer did not review my actual file, nor see this notice. She said she will put an electronic request to my field office to further research and get back to me. She took my phone number and email address as well for the field office to update me. Overall I'm very confused, but think this IO is more on track than InfoPass. :wacko:

N-400

03/12/10 Check cashed

03/15/10 NOA

11/01/10 Attorney Hired

I-751

04/08/09 Biometrics

I-485

09/22/06 RFE

09/23/06 Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

UPDATE

After waiting an hour or so on hold, I finally got through to a very helpful 2nd level IO. She said that per her system, a RFE notice was givin to me at the interview or mailed. I indicated to her that I only recieved the N-652 form for interview results and nothing was received in the maild. She seemed rather surprised that the infopass officer did not review my actual file, nor see this notice. She said she will put an electronic request to my field office to further research and get back to me. She took my phone number and email address as well for the field office to update me. Overall I'm very confused, but think this IO is more on track than InfoPass. :wacko:

The word we got after I called my senators' office when waiting for that oath letter is that her application was "misplaced", your case sure sounds similar. We received exactly the same response when calling about our I-751. Only other was the AOS that was not misplaced, but just took a long time back then. But misplacing two out of three applications was not very good for us.

UPDATE

At least you know now that someone will submit a case status request. In general, infopass has more info on your case than the toll free number, you must have gotten a dumb officer at infopass that dont know anything but to pass out background check memos. Get your congressman or US senator involved, I am sure they will get more info through the liaison.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.