the_nesh316

visa interview experience

1 post in this topic

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

just to let others know i am in the u.s.a with my sister and CSPA was approved...it was so easy that i couldn't believe it that the visa has been approved....this is my detailed visa interview experience...

in the morning at 7.00am we fell in the immigration line outside the u.s embassy at mumbai with my sister..we were given a 221g on 18th june when my parents had their interview for me n my sister and so we were there on the 12th july.

then at 7.10 we went inside and then i was the first in line for male and my sister was in the lines for females...got a wooden token after my security was done and when i went inside i was told to wait in front of window number 8 coz i had a 221g...rest of the other who went for the 1st time for immigrant visa had to stand in front of window 3 for their fingerprints...

now we waited for some 30minutes n then we were called by n indian parsi lady at windo 8 where she took our DS-230 photo passport copy n rest of all the documents and we were asked some questions...then she said that "they have to be sworn today coz of their CSPA"...then we were told to sit and wait for the interview and then she said that if remind the CO for your fingerprints,coz if you dont get it done then u'l have to be called back from gujarat.

then we waited for 2hours and around 9.30am we were made to sign a letter on window 10 which stated that if we get married before we apply at the port of entry then our green cards are gone...and then since i am between 18 n 25yrs i need to sign with SPECIAL SERVICE SYSTEM ARMED FORCES within 30days of entering in the u.s.a and if i dont then i'l just have to pay fine of around 250000$ n imprisonment of 5yrs and also my naturalization will be in jeopardy..so i signed it and that was done...then we again waited for 2 hours.

at around 11.40am they called us at window 16 and then a YOUNG C.O who was an indian american lady(pretty girl) and then she asked us a few questions that 1)who stays in u.s.a?

2)what does your father do?

3)then she asked my sister that where did u stay in u.s.a?what do you study?do you stay with your aunt(petitioner)?

4)then she asked me that what do you do right now?then she saw my sisters student visa and said if she enters at POE then its gona create a problem then she asked a senior CO and then cancelled her student visa and then told us that our visa are approved and that we'l get the visa via courier in a few days.

thats it we waited till 5 in the evening at vfs and we got the passport same day at vfs

usually for immigrant visa all the passports are stamped at same day at mumbai consulate if there are no hassles..but one another thing take a copy of ur VFS RECEIPT WITH ORIGINAL AND A PHOTO IDENTITY(PASSPORT)...thats it at the port of entry we were done in like 1 hour...no questions asked and no formalities done...fingerprints done,picture taken and then passports endorsed..

on the visa u do get your green card number

ds-3032 received by email : 9th dec,2009

emailed ds-3032 : 10th dec,2009

mailed ds-3032 : 12th dec,2009

aos fee bill : 9th dec,2009

aos fee shows paid : 14th dec,2009

iv fee bill : 23rd dec,2009

iv fee paid : 23rd dec,2009

iv fee coversheet downloaded : 24th dec,2009

case completed : march 15,2010 and then april 2,2010 again...strange confirmed with operator.

sign in failed : 20th april,2010

interview date assigned on : 29th april,2010.

interview date : 18th june,2010 bombay consulate

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.