Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

passport help

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I used to live in Gujarat and i did my high school from there and then i moved to mumbai and did my college here in mumbai and also worked here in mumbai. now i do have house in gujarat and in mumbai but since all my papers are from gujaart so i got a passport from guajart few months ago. but i work in mumbai and when my fiance applied for my visa he mentioned my mumbai address as a current address, but my passport is from gujarat and PCC is also from gujarat and in my passport it has my gujarat address. so do you guys any advice for me what would will happen when i go for interview and if they ask me about this or are they going to give me any problem with this.

Thanks for your help...

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India

According to the NVC website in the Reciprocity by Country for India it says:

"All Indian IV applicants aged 16 and above, residing in India, should obtain police certificates from the local Passport Office"

I think it will depend on what is considered your "local Passport Office".

Based on others experience, you will probably NOT be able to get a PCC from the RPO office in Mumbai without changing the address in your passport to a Mumbai address - which means getting a fresh/new passport.

I cannot address your situation beyond this - but I would recommend you go ahead and get a PCC from the local district police station where you are in Mumbai as well. Maybe for good measure a local district report from your neighborhood police station where you lived in Gujurat as well.

These PCCs are so confusing !

CR-1 Visa Was Approved :-)

Entry Date to USA: 2/3/2011

12-10-2012 - Sent off I-751 packet visa USPS

I751 Was approved - 10 Year GC was granted

N-400 Progress

4/10/2014: Package Mailed
4/11/2014: Package Received
4/14/2014: Notice Date
x/x/2014: Biometrics appointment

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...