Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Applying for a passport for my daughter

6 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello Everyone,

I am in the process of applying for a passport for my daughter. We are going to the Philippine Consulate in Chicago this next week.

I am confused about what forms I need. I have the application for a passport but it states I need a Affidavit of Support and Consent. I can't fine this form on the Consulate website.

Any suggestions on where I can get this form?

Also, I see many places on the forms that I do have were Certified copies of marriage certificates as well as Certified copies of Birth Certificates are required. That seems reasonable but then the forms also want copies of them. But on each certificate I have, it clearly states that it is illegal to make copies!!

What should I do here?

Has anyone been through this process in Chicago? Is there a place near the Consulate that I can get copies and photos made if some of mine are not correct?

My wife is also applying for a new passport with her married name. I noticed that both the passport form for my daughter and the passport form for my wife both state to include a stamped, self addressed, trackable, return envelope. Would I need only one of these to use for both applications or should I get one for each application?

Thanks for any information you can provide.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this it?





I / We, ____________________________________________________________, single/married to ____________________________________________, and residing at


hereby declare that:

1) I / We am/are permanent resident(s)/citizen(s)/ of the United States, or on __________________ visa status;

2) My/Our minor child/children _______________________________________


is/are applying for Philippine passport(s) in the Department of Foreign Affairs, in order to join me/us here in the United States;

3) I/We am/are willing and able to support him/her/them during their visit;

4) I/We authorize ________________________________ to file said passport

application(s) on behalf of my child/children;

5) I/We designate _______________________________ to accompany said child/children during the travel from the Philippines to the United States;

6) I/We also authorize ________________________________________, who

reside at _____________________________________________________

to secure a clearance from the Department of Social Welfare and Development for the travel of minor child/children, who is scheduled to depart

for the U.S. on __________________________;

7) Said child/children will stay with me/us at ____________________________


upon arrival.


DONE this ______ day of ____________, 200__, in ________________________.





___________________________ ___________________________

Father Mother

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites


We,______________________ and ___________________________, of legal age, single/married/widow/widower, citizen of _______________________ and presently residing at ____________________________________ __________________________________________, after having been duly sworn to in accordance with law, do hereby depose and say:

THAT we are the holders of ___________________ No. ______________

issued on _________________at ___________________ and _____________

No. ______________issued on __________________ at _________________, respectively.

THAT we are the parents of _______________________, ______________________, and ___________________________who was/were born on _____________________, __________________________,


THAT we are desirous in petitioning our son/daughter/children to join us in Canada;

THAT we are authorizing __________________________to assist him/her/them in securing the necessary document/s needed for his/her/their travel;

THAT we are giving full consent for our son/daughter/children to travel alone or accompanied by __________________________________________;

THAT we are responsible in providing financial support and shelter to our son/daughter/children during his/her/their stay in Canada.

THAT we guarantee that he/she/they shall not become a public charge or liability in Canada.

THAT we are executing this affidavit for all legal intents and purposes and in compliance with the requirements of the authorities concerned.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, we have hereunto set our hands this ____________ at ___________________.

________________________ _______________________

(Affiant) (Affiant)

Signed in the presence of :

____________________________ __________________________

At the Philippine Consulate General, Toronto, Ontario, Canada

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites


In order for a minor under the age of 18 to travel out of the United States without both parents or legal guardians, a notarized affidavit must be obtained and presented to immigration officials upon departure and return to the United States. Failure to present this affidavit may result in officials refusing to allow the minor to leave the country.

Please complete and sign before a Notary Public the appropriate portion of the form below and carry the Notarized affidavit with you. It is recommended that you also carry divorce, custody, death certificates or other supporting documentation.


Authorization for Minor to Travel

Complete either Section A or B - whichever section is applicable


(I, First, Middle, Last Name First, Middle, Last Name) hereby authorize my minor child

(First, Middle, Last Name)to travel out of the United States

from (dates of travel)to

traveling to the Country of

under the custody of (First, Middle, Last Name) Signature:


(I, First, Middle, Last Name First, Middle, Last Name) hereby swear that I have sole custody of a minor child

(First, Middle, Last Name)and am authorized to take this child out of the United States

from (dates of travel)to

traveling to the Country of Signature:

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

U have to report the birth of your child first if you haven't report it yet in order for your child to apply for a Philippine passport.The report of birth form is on the website of the Philippine Embassy in Chicago,also the requirements.Certified copy means with seal.I think you can go to Department of Health in your city to get a certified copy of your child's birthcertificate.For the certified copy of marriage certificate,you have to go the the place where you got married to ask for a certified copy.We got married at the clerk of courts office here in our city so that's where we have to go to get a certified copy of our marriage certificate..

For passport photos,you dont have to worry about that anymore.You dont have to bring photos anymore since they now have the ePassport.They will be the one to take a photo of the applicant using their computer.You just have to fill up and print the ePassport application form from their website.

For the self addressed return envelope,since you are doing the application for passport for your wife and child at the same time,you only have to include one but to make sure,call the Philippine Embassy in Chicago to ask if need separate return envelope or one is enough for both.

Philippine Embassy of Chicago's website is not updated yet not like the website of the main Philippine Embassy in Washington,DC..but you can go to the website of Phil.Embassy in Washington,DC and just click "Consulate" and select Chicago,scroll down and you will see "Visa-Passport-Legal" and select one of the category their that you want to see.Example: Passport

N-400 Naturalization

04/25/2012 - sent N-400 package to USCIS Dallas

04/28/2012 - package delivered at USCIS Dallas

I-751 Removal of Condition

03/22/2011 - sent I-751 package to USCIS Vermont via USPS Priority+Certified mail with Return receipt

03/24/2011 - package delivered at VSC according to USPS tracking

03/25/2011 - package received by Center Director according to Return receipt

04/04/2011 - NOA received - dated 03/25/2011

04/11/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice received -notice date 04/08/2011

04/28/2011 - Biometrics Appointment - Done!

10/14/2011 - Card Production Email

10/17/2011 - Approval Notice received - dated 10/06/2011

11/04/2011 - 10yrs green card received

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...