Marisol73

I-130..filed and approved

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello :D

Last Thursday I went to Monterrey Consulate to file I-130 for my baby...everthing went well :dance: better than I expected.

It was so quick.. I dint have to make an appoinment, I just went there, there wasnt any line, I went straight to the window.

The consular officer made a quick view to my originals and returned them to me. Then, he asked me for the copies, according to the list of documents requiered:

1) I-130

2) G-325A for me

3) G-325A for my son

4) Copy of Birth Certificate of my son (with translation attached)

5) Copy of Birth Certificate of me (with translation attached) to prove my dual nationality

6) Copy of My Marriage Certificate (with translation attached)

7) Copy of My Divorce Decree (from my previous marriage...it was already in english)

8) Copy of Passport of my child (all pages)

9) Copy of my Passport (all pages)

10) Copy of my Naturalization Certificate

11) Copy of 3 bill statements on my name -showing mexican address- (I gave 3 nextel bills and 3 TV cable bills)

12) $355 dlls (cash)

The consular officer was very pleased that I had all documents in order.

Also he asked me If I had email address... when I said yes, he asked me to write it down in the second page of the I-130 form.

He said the approval takes approx 2 weeks..but by the next day (friday) I received an e-mail with the approval notice attached..it says the documentation was sent to Cd Juarez.

I hope to have a letter from Cd Juarez soon!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.