JustUs

What is really going on at the Embassy in Ghana?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

The following is currently posted on the US Embassy in Ghana's website's front page.

NOTICE - NIV

Visa applicants are advised that computer system problems in the Consular section have severely curtailed our ability to accommodate visa appointments, walk-ins, and renewals. We will advise the public when we return to full capacity. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

What is really going on at the Embassy in Ghana?

Staying strong and patient in love and faith!

http://ghanaspouse.blogspot.com/

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Thats scary! If we have appointments in Oct/Nov/Dec I would say it should be fixed by then- but what are they gonna do with all of those people being affected now?

NIV- would that be just non-immigrant?

Timeline

But why now? Why are there so many dramatic things happening at this embassy resulting in a delay in visa interviews? First we hear that they are just backlogged with interviews. Then we hear that the backlog is because Ghana received the highest distribution of diversity visas. Now the computer system is jacked up and impacting visa interviews. In 2009 many k1 visa applicants were faced with repeat interviews at the embassy where they were asked to produce documents that could have been requested at their first interview. I am aware of individuals who went through 3-4 interview sessions last year just to get a k1 - some were unsuccessful without detailed information provided. I understand the concern about potential scams, but, this seems like overkill. It all seems too bizarre and suspicious to me.

Again I ask - what is really going on at the embassy in Ghana?

Staying strong and patient in love and faith!

http://ghanaspouse.blogspot.com/

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I dont know- it seems strange and is just aggrivating! We just have to ride this out unfortuatly.Every one we write to just tells us there is delay but arnt doing anything. There is no reason for any of this- other embassys in less devoloped countries function better then Ghana! I hope this doesnt delay all of us- visitor visas can wait in my opinion- i know it sounds bad- but they can apply and have it in less then a few months- we have all been waiting Months and years!

Timeline

I dont know- it seems strange and is just aggrivating! We just have to ride this out unfortuatly.Every one we write to just tells us there is delay but arnt doing anything. There is no reason for any of this- other embassys in less devoloped countries function better then Ghana! I hope this doesnt delay all of us- visitor visas can wait in my opinion- i know it sounds bad- but they can apply and have it in less then a few months- we have all been waiting Months and years!

I believe is the leadership that causing this unfortunate situation at the embassy. Since his appointment in 2008 by former President Bush things has never been smooth at the consulate. He there to fight corruption not to streamline relationship. We are paying for what they believe is wrong in Ghana. I'm American citizen and I strongly believe it's sheer injustice for me to be held accountable for someone's wrong deeds..This is really getting scarely but GOD can make a way where there seem to be no way...

My wife's case was completed at NVC on December 2, 2009. Could someone tell me how long it would take for her to be schedule for an interview at Accra consulate?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.