yucalover

Vaccinations for K1 in Colombia

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

We have an interview date in Mid-August. My fiance and her two children (from Cali) are missing many vaccinations. She learned it would cost around $1000 US to get all the vaccinations now (for three persons). Can we wait to get these when we go for the medical examination or should she get all these now? The Appointment packages states only the doctor can determine exactly what vaccations are needed. We have our medical examination scheduled three days before the interview. $1000 seems a bit pricey for three people and I am thinking maybe she doesn't need all or it is cheaper in Bogota. Initially, I was planning to wait until we go to Bogota, however, now I am reading on this site there may to a second dose required for some vaccations (now sure if this is current info.) Thanks in advance for any comments or help.

Edited by yucalover

Timeline

US$1000???? she asked for all vaccines? at least for now they could get the required minimum three vaccines: MMR, tetanus and varicella. She can find out the cost in an EPS (i.e. Confandi in Cali). I payed only US$13 in a private laboratory, and the doctor didn't send me any other vaccine.

We can all make a difference. Please recycle

por favor no escribas en mayúsculas sostenidas, eso equivale a GRITAR

crazy-cats.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

My husband got the required vaccines for his visa in Tuluá (close to Cali) at the Red Cross which was a lot less expensive. As ♫yakad♫ said, the only vaccines required for their visas are MMR, TD and varicella.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Timeline

We have an interview date in Mid-August. My fiance and her two children (from Cali) are missing many vaccinations. She learned it would cost around $1000 US to get all the vaccinations now (for three persons). Can we wait to get these when we go for the medical examination or should she get all these now? The Appointment packages states only the doctor can determine exactly what vaccations are needed. We have our medical examination scheduled three days before the interview. $1000 seems a bit pricey for three people and I am thinking maybe she doesn't need all or it is cheaper in Bogota. Initially, I was planning to wait until we go to Bogota, however, now I am reading on this site there may to a second dose required for some vaccations (now sure if this is current info.) Thanks in advance for any comments or help.

My fiancee went to a local medical office and to the Red Cross to get her vaccinations. They gave her a card with her vaccinations that was signed by the nurse. Dr Roa reviewed the documment and we didn't need to get anymore vaccines. Off of the top of my head she got the following Vaccines:

1) Yellow Fever

2) Varicella

3) Measles, Mumps, Rubella

4) Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis

She also recieved the Yellow Fever vaccine free.

I hope this helps

Edited by mike101

Blog: http://fianceek1visa.blogspot.com/

K1 Timeline:
Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Bogota, Colombia
2009-12-26 : I-129F Sent
2009-12-28 : I-129F NOA1
2009-12-28 : I-129F NOA2
2010-04-02 : NVC Received
2010-04-05 : Consulate Received
2010-04-20 : Packet 3 Sent (via Fax)
2010-04-22 : Packet 3 Received by Consulate
2010-06-09 : Interview Date (APPROVED)
2010-06-24 : Visa Delivery (Via Domesa)
2010-07-01 : POE (Fort-Lauderdale)

2010-09-04 : Married !!!!

AOS Timeline
2010-09-11 : Packaged express mailed to Chicago Office:
2010-09-13 : Package delivered to USCIS Chicago
2010-09-20 : NOA1 via e-mail
2010-10-15 : Case Xfered to California Service Center
2010-12-01 : Inquiry made regarding delay of biometrics appointment letter
2010-12-15 : Received biometrics appointment letter (Scheduled for 2011-01-05)
2011-01-05 : Biometrics Appointment
2011-01-12 : Work Authorization Card Received
2011-01-26 : Two Year Green Card Received (Thank you VJ!!!!)

Us Citizen

May 2014

Timeline

Thank you (all three of you) for your replies. I will have her get on the three mentioned. What is MMR?

This is confusing because package four (appointment package) states, "United States immigration law requires immigrant and K visa applicants to obtain certain vaccinations (listed below) prior to the issuance of a visa. Panel physicians who conduct medical examinations are now required to verify that visa applicants have met the new vaccination requirement, or that it is medically inappropriate for the visa applicant to receive one or more of the listed vaccinations:

-- Acellular pertussis -- Hepatitis A -- Hepatitis B -- Influenza -- Influenza type b (Hib) -- Measles -- Meningococcal -- Mumps -- Pneumococcal -- Pertussis -- Polio -- Rotovirus -- Tetanus and diphtheria toxoids -- Varicella"

This statement makes is seem like you need to get all of these vaccinations. The $1000 was the price for getting most of these for three people (she said she was missing 6 and her daughters with missing 7 of these).

Anyways as stated I will have her and her daughters only get the three mentioned above and if we need more at the exam in Bogota we will buy them at that point.

Edited by yucalover

Timeline

Thank you (all three of you) for your replies. I will have her get on the three mentioned. What is MMR?

This is confusing because package four (appointment package) states, "United States immigration law requires immigrant and K visa applicants to obtain certain vaccinations (listed below) prior to the issuance of a visa. Panel physicians who conduct medical examinations are now required to verify that visa applicants have met the new vaccination requirement, or that it is medically inappropriate for the visa applicant to receive one or more of the listed vaccinations:

-- Acellular pertussis -- Hepatitis A -- Hepatitis B -- Influenza -- Influenza type b (Hib) -- Measles -- Meningococcal -- Mumps -- Pneumococcal -- Pertussis -- Polio -- Rotovirus -- Tetanus and diphtheria toxoids -- Varicella"

This statement makes is seem like you need to get all of these vaccinations. The $1000 was the price for getting most of these for three people (she said she was missing 6 and her daughters with missing 7 of these).

Anyways as stated I will have her and her daughters only get the three mentioned above and if we need more at the exam in Bogota we will buy them at that point.

MMR is measles, mumps and rubella. The shot as Polio, rotavirus, varicella are generally administered to children around the age of one year, with a second dose before starting school (at least in Colombia), for that reason are not necessary, and in any case the doctor will tell you if you need another

We can all make a difference. Please recycle

por favor no escribas en mayúsculas sostenidas, eso equivale a GRITAR

crazy-cats.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Yes, the vaccination sheet the embassy mails the beneficiary is overwhelming but not all of those shots are needed. Had it not been for VisaJourney, my husband would've gotten all of them only because they requested them. But they'll be more than ok with the MMR, TD and varicella.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.