dmhweb

Maps US Embassy Moscow

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Someone asked about the location of the US Embassy in Moscow so thought I would resurrect these threads.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.visajourney.com/forums2/index.php?showtopic=54180

And another revision to the map! This adds the three medical clinics. Since everything is located in the Northwest quadrant I made a smaller version that can be printed as an enlargement on the same size paper (8.5 x 11 inches). This is easier to read.

us_emb.gif full size (798 KB)

us_emb_sm.gif NW Quadrant enlarged (284 KB)

Enjoy! I hope you or your girls find it useful.

Dave

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.visajourney.com/forums2/index.php?showtopic=58191

Hi All, I've been playing with Google Earth and it is awesome!!!

I have created the same sort of map that I uploaded before but this one uses Google Earth and is much better for locating the offices in Moscow (Embassy, DHL, Medical clinics, etc.).

You will need to download and install Google Earth before you can use the file I created but it is worth the effort.

After you have installed Google Earth just download this file [Moscow.kmz] and either open with or save to disk and double click to open the file in Google Earth.

I put some extras on the map (Airports, landmarks, etc...).

Enjoy!

Dave

725268776.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

This is great thanks!

K1 Visa Process long ago and far away...

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

AOS Process a fading memory...

01/31/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD package for Olga and Anya

06/01/07 - Green card arrived in mail

Removing Conditions

03/02/09 - Mailed I-751 package (CSC)

03/06/09 - Check cashed

03/10/09 - Recieved Olga's NOA1

03/28/09 - Olga did biometrics

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

Thanks Dave.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Thanks for resurrecting that. It will come in handy in a few weeks.

WOW...now our names are in RED...we are next! Now I am starting to get nervous. I'll be leaving here on the 15th to meet up with her in Moscow the day before the interview. I know it is probably pointless and I thought I could talk my way out of going, but I DID promise her sometime back that I would be there for her and I have to keep my promise. I'll spend a few weeks with her in preperation for our return, then... USA here we come.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Good luck Neonred.

It's cool you're going to Moscow. Wish I had the money to go too. I miss that city. What a cool place. (To visit!)

I was checking on Orbitz last night, and Aeroflot is having a ticket sale through March on JFK-SVO for like $512 r/t. That's well worth it. If I had a way to take time off work, I'd be there in a second. Hopefully I can work it out somehow.

Have a good time over there, and can't wait to hear the good news!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

Thanks Slim. My round trip from Florida was $745 on Delta. I avoid NYC and fly through Atlanta. The killer is the hotel bill in Moscow.

I enjoy spending time in Moscow, but this time it will be a short stay there and then on to her city. Sounds like I will have a few hours to kill while she is in her interview so I will have to find the cafe near the embassy that someone talked about a while back. I'll try to report back with the details after the interview. In the mean time I need to lay off the caffeine and start looking for that valium...LOL

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

What an awesome price on airfare. Everyone always says "Wow, you've been to Russia... that's cool. Doesn't airfare kill you though?" And like you said, it's not the plane ticket, it's the accomodations.

If you can't find a cafe, there is the good ol' American institution known as MakDonald's a couple blocks away too. (A chilly walk I'm sure, but not really that far. A good taxi ride in -20C!)

Well, have fun. Wish I was going. If I can scrape together a little extra money, I may try to go next month too.

Keep rolling Russia thread! The approval juggernaut is steaming along!!!

Русский форум член.

Timeline

Thanks Slim. There are probably better air fares to Moscow but this work well for me because it is all Delta with just one reasonable layover in Atlanta of a few hours. I've seen better prices but usually you have to spend a night in NYC or some other high priced city and then the price for a hotel eats up the savings on the air ticket. Once I get on the plane I just want to get there or home fast. I'm still searching for a "reasonable" hotel in Moscow that's not too far from the embassy.

Edited by Neonred

I agree 100% on the flying. Get there, get home. No layovers if possible. I would rather pay an extra $200 to skip a layover than take the chance of getting "laid over" for a night or two.... or five! (Plus, the more they switch planes, the more they tend to lose luggage. I spent about two hours at the SVO terminal telling the guy I had a #D-22 type bag... black color.... very big.... and it ended up arriving a day late. All because of the layover. It would've been worth an extra $500 to have my bags with me that night!)

There are several apartments for rent near the embassy that aren't too too bad. Check on the internet, Moscow Rick, GoToRussia, VisaToRussia, etc. and you should be able to find one for about the same price as a hotel. I stayed in an apartment rather than the hotel, and it was well worth it. So much better.

Good luck!

Русский форум член.

Timeline

Yes, I have thought about it. What did you do about having your visa registered when you stayed in an apartment? When I stay with my girl in her town we go to the local OVIR office and they take care of it, but it can be a nightmare if you don't know someone there or have some contact person in OVIR. I met a guy from California at the OVIR office and he was on his third day trying to get his visa registered and we walked in and found our "contact" person and were out of there in less than 30 minutes.

If you're going to be in Moscow for the first couple of days, you can register your visa there. I used GoToRussia.com and it cost an extra $35 to have them register it for you. Their office is not too far away from the embassy, so if you'll be there anyway, might as well do it.

It could be a waste of $35 because you can register for free (or low cost) at the OVIR, but since you are like me, $35 is a bargain compared to spending a couple of hours (and maybe a couple of trips) trying to get the OVIR to register you in some small town.

It's worth checking out.

Русский форум член.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.