JohnandMyrein

Appointment letter before scheduling interview?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello All,

Do I have to wait for my Fiancee to get an appointment letter from the US Consulate in Manila before scheduling for an interview? At this point I know that the Embassy has received our case....

Thanks!

Edited by JohnandMyrein

No you don't. I called the embassy a week after NVC said they had sent our package. I wasn't expecting to be able to set a date and was only hoping to find out if the package was received. Based on advice gotten on VJ, when the call center staffer asked if the beneficiary had received notice to schedule the interview, I replied yes even though she had not. Was very surprised when the next response was when would we like to schedule the interview and were given a range of dates.

Good luck!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello All,

Do I have to wait for my Fiancee to get an appointment letter from the US Consulate in Manila before scheduling for an interview? At this point I know that the Embassy has received our case....

Thanks!

If you got the letter with a case number starts with MNL, you can call the embassy hotline and schedule an interview.. that's what we did..

Adjustment of Status

May 4, 2010 - Date Filed I-485,I-765,I-131

May 11, 2010 - NOA for I-485,I-765,I-131 May 17, 2010 - Biometrics appointment received in the mail

May 24, 2010 - Walk-in Biometrics successful (ASC Michigan City, IN)

June 1, 2010 - Case transferred to CSC

July 14, 2010 - EAD approved, for card production

July 19, 2010 - Received AP in the mail

July 21, 2010 - I-485 GC approved, for card production

July 26, 2010 - Welcome letter received

July 28, 2010 - EAD card received

July 31, 2010 - Greencard received

Removal of Conditions

May 7, 2012 - Date Filed I-751

May 9, 2012 - Date of NOA!

June 8, 2012 - Biometrics Schedule

No you don't. I called the embassy a week after NVC said they had sent our package. I wasn't expecting to be able to set a date and was only hoping to find out if the package was received. Based on advice gotten on VJ, when the call center staffer asked if the beneficiary had received notice to schedule the interview, I replied yes even though she had not. Was very surprised when the next response was when would we like to schedule the interview and were given a range of dates.

Good luck!

Just say "yes." :thumbs::yes::thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good luck!

Thank you! We have our appointment set!

Thank you! We have our appointment set!

Congratz! :star:

The interview is the easy part...the medical exam is more worrisome because of the potential for a two-month delay.

If you got the letter with a case number starts with MNL, you can call the embassy hotline and schedule an interview.. that's what we did..

Hi! I got excited when I read this. Our case is now with the NVC. We just paid the AOS fee and at this point, we are waiting to submit the rest of the requirements. I already know my MNL case number because the NVC sent me an email with the DS3032 (choice of agent) form. I was hoping to go ahead and try to get my medical done at St. Luke's. When I called, they said all they needed was any document with my manila case number... isnt it too early to schedule an interview when I know our documents have not been sent to the embassy yet? Your advise please! Thanks.

GiNi

GiNi

Wants to go home...

Hi! I got excited when I read this. Our case is now with the NVC. We just paid the AOS fee and at this point, we are waiting to submit the rest of the requirements. I already know my MNL case number because the NVC sent me an email with the DS3032 (choice of agent) form. I was hoping to go ahead and try to get my medical done at St. Luke's. When I called, they said all they needed was any document with my manila case number... isnt it too early to schedule an interview when I know our documents have not been sent to the embassy yet? Your advise please! Thanks.

GiNi

the original poster is a k-1 petitioner. you are a cr-1. k-1 applicants call the embassy to schedule their interview. cr-1 is different. i think nvc schedules the cr-1 interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.