BigFig94

Letter to Consular Officer

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

"If you want to pick up your Visa and/or request expedited treatment of an approved Visa, you must submit a written request to the Consular Officer at the time of the Interview."

Hello Everyone!

This was the last line on the Embassy info page for USEM in Manila. I will be at the interview flying from NY and will stay 2 weeks with the intention of waiting for the visa to come in the mail so Gloria and I can fly to NY together. I was wondering if anyone wrote this request in Manila and how they did it and, of course, what the outcome was. It would be much easier if I could get the visa right at the interview and then we could make a scheduled flight back to NY. Anyone out there try this and have success? Thanks in advance for the information. This website is great! :thumbs:

5/2006 - We met in Yahoo Political Chat Room

6/2007 - Lost touch although we were friends

1/2009 - Gloria finally contacted me again

2/2010 - Spend two weeks together in the Philippines

6/08/2010 - Sent Application to VSC

6/10/2010 - Application received by USCIS

6/22/2010 - NOA1

7/19/2010 - Touched

7/19/2010 - NOA2 Approved!

7/22/2010 - NVC Received

7/23/2010 - Left NVC to USEM

7/25/2010 - USEM Received

7/29/2010 - Letter Sent to Beneficiary

9/28/2010 - Interview Concluded

9/28/2010 - VISA Approved but will not be issued without further NBI Clearance

10/8/2010 - Waiting for word from Embassy on VISA Issuance

10/27/2010 - VISA released to Air 21

10/28/2010 - received VISA in Cebu

11/4/2010 - Flight to New York (JFK)

11/4/2010 - POE JFK

Filed: Country:
Timeline

If a pick-up request is granted you won't get the Visa at the interview. You would return after they contact you to say it's ready, usually within 2-3 days.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If a pick-up request is granted you won't get the Visa at the interview. You would return after they contact you to say it's ready, usually within 2-3 days.

Thanks for the info but I was wondering if you address the letter to the consul general and what do you address that person as? Honorable Mr or Mrs Whomever? I am going to try and email them to ask the question and see what kind of response I get.

Thanks again for the help! :dance:

5/2006 - We met in Yahoo Political Chat Room

6/2007 - Lost touch although we were friends

1/2009 - Gloria finally contacted me again

2/2010 - Spend two weeks together in the Philippines

6/08/2010 - Sent Application to VSC

6/10/2010 - Application received by USCIS

6/22/2010 - NOA1

7/19/2010 - Touched

7/19/2010 - NOA2 Approved!

7/22/2010 - NVC Received

7/23/2010 - Left NVC to USEM

7/25/2010 - USEM Received

7/29/2010 - Letter Sent to Beneficiary

9/28/2010 - Interview Concluded

9/28/2010 - VISA Approved but will not be issued without further NBI Clearance

10/8/2010 - Waiting for word from Embassy on VISA Issuance

10/27/2010 - VISA released to Air 21

10/28/2010 - received VISA in Cebu

11/4/2010 - Flight to New York (JFK)

11/4/2010 - POE JFK

Thanks for the info but I was wondering if you address the letter to the consul general and what do you address that person as? Honorable Mr or Mrs Whomever? I am going to try and email them to ask the question and see what kind of response I get.

Thanks again for the help! :dance:

You can put there:

The Consular Officer

US Embassy Manila

Roxas Boulevard

Ermita Manila

Sir/Madam:

Edited by danilou

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.