vikghai

Misspelt name in I 130 & DS 230

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hello All,

I am a LPR and have applied for immigrant visa for my wife. The NVC has completed the case and sent the same to New Delhi consulate for interview on 6th August, 2010. Everything seemed to going fine when i suddenly realized that i have misspelled the name of my wife's father in both I 130 and DS 230 form submitted to NVC. Instead of Sujit i misspelled it as Sumit. The mistake was not noticed by me or NVC and now they have sent the case to New Delhi embassy. I have all the documentary proof like my wife's birth certificates and our marriage certificates to show the correct name of my wife's father. I am now worried how can i get this corrected or what do do. Hope it is not a fatal mistake and will delay my case or lead to refusal of visa. Can anyone help me out.

Also, please note that i m currently in USA and don't plan to be in India at the time of my wife's interview. Is it important to accompany my wife to the New delhi consulate. Does it convey a negative impact if i m not present during the interview. I m confused as i m receiving contradictory opinion on this matter. Please advise

Viks

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I dont know how to rectify this issue now, I am not sure that it would be a big issue as long as you have all the correct information and paperwork ready at the interview. I am sure someone more wise than me will come along and tell you for sure.

Not all the consulates will allow the spouse to be present at the interview BUT New Delhi is one of those that DOes allow and not only would you get to be with your spouse more than likely they would interview you also... My husband had his interview in New Delhi and I was there every step of the way,I would hate to think of what would of happened if I had not been present...In my opinion.. If at all possible I would attend the interview..

~ NVC Journey~

22 days at NVC

03/18/2010: Case Complete!

03/25/2010: Called NVC .. INTERVIEW May 27 @ 7:45!! Woot Woot

05/27/2010: Approved at the interview, but put on AP afterwards :(

06/27/2010: Really missing my Hubby :*(

07/29/2010: Visa Issued!! AP is OVER!!

07/31/2010: Visa in hand!!! Thank you GOD!

09/01/2010: POE JFK

2 Amazing Years Later!!!

~Lifting Conditions~

08/09/2012: File I-751 Packet

08/17/2012: NOA I-751 Receipt Notice recieved!

"Distance means nothing for love. Even the sun is so far away; yet, its energy blossoms the flowers on earth."

• 1 year later...
Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Hello All,

My wife applied for immigrant visa for me. Now I have to submit DS 230. The problem is that, while filling I130 there was a mistake in Date of Birth and Place of Birth of my parents. Now I have to send a complete DS230 to NVC. In that I want to put the actual DOB and POB of my parents.

My question is that ' is the differences in DOB and POB (of my parents) in I130 & DS230 create any kind of problem to my visa??

Need Help.

talk2sa1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.