arianak

Address for 230 DCF Mexico

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. We are getting packet 3 ready to send to Ciudad Juarez in Mexico and I am not sure if I should put my US or Mexico address (I am the USC/petitioner). I have read other posts where arguments have been made either way, any thoughts? I am filing DCF so it seems logical that I should continue to prove my residency here... THANK YOU!

Filed 130 in person in Mexico City June 2010

130 approved next day

No case number until July 21

Sent Packet 3 July 21

Packet 3 approval date Aug 4

Oct. 4 Interview- Approved!

Hi everyone. We are getting packet 3 ready to send to Ciudad Juarez in Mexico and I am not sure if I should put my US or Mexico address (I am the USC/petitioner). I have read other posts where arguments have been made either way, any thoughts? I am filing DCF so it seems logical that I should continue to prove my residency here... THANK YOU!

Hi, you should put your us adress, first of all is more safe than the one from Mexico, and also if you are the petitionary that means that you want your spouse to come to the us, if not they would tell you like they said my sister n law, if you could live in mexico why then you are asking for your husband, sad but true.

Jan/21/10---- Application Received

Feb/11/10---- Biometrics Taken

March/12/10-- One Yr. Extension Received

March/23/10-- Green Card Expired

June/26/10--- Updated date in USCIS Portfolio

June/29/10--- Place Service Request

July/30/10--- Place 2nd Service Request

Sept/07/2010== Place 3rd Service Request

Sept/27/2010==EMAIL received post decision activity, green card apprived.

catcatsdg20070115_-8_My+Aaron+is.png

dev073pr___.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I moved back to US and gave them my address just to have on file and explained that my husband is still living at our address on file in Mexico. We never received the Packet 3 from CDJ in Mexico. But after my husband mailed in the Packet 3 from MX - I received a letter from them in the US saying it was received. Then they also mailed me the interview appt. info --- unfortunately the day I left to fly back to Mexico from the US -- but luckily I have someone who is going to scan and email it and send it to a friend in the US who will bring it back to Cozumel for us in a couple of weeks.

So -- US mail is much faster - the letter is dated about 5 days prior to the postage date on the envelope so my guess is that the Consulate mail is taken to the US and mailed from there. BUT-- then you have to figure out a way to get the paperwork to the person you are sponsoring in MX...

Thanks czm! How did you have them add your US address to your file? I would love to have my correspondence go there b/c I agree its much more reliable, but I also want to avoid the catch 22 of using my US address when I'm DCFing you know? I am still waiting for an email response with my case number, what do you think the best way to get it is?Thanks!

I moved back to US and gave them my address just to have on file and explained that my husband is still living at our address on file in Mexico. We never received the Packet 3 from CDJ in Mexico. But after my husband mailed in the Packet 3 from MX - I received a letter from them in the US saying it was received. Then they also mailed me the interview appt. info --- unfortunately the day I left to fly back to Mexico from the US -- but luckily I have someone who is going to scan and email it and send it to a friend in the US who will bring it back to Cozumel for us in a couple of weeks.

So -- US mail is much faster - the letter is dated about 5 days prior to the postage date on the envelope so my guess is that the Consulate mail is taken to the US and mailed from there. BUT-- then you have to figure out a way to get the paperwork to the person you are sponsoring in MX...

Filed 130 in person in Mexico City June 2010

130 approved next day

No case number until July 21

Sent Packet 3 July 21

Packet 3 approval date Aug 4

Oct. 4 Interview- Approved!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thanks czm! How did you have them add your US address to your file? I would love to have my correspondence go there b/c I agree its much more reliable, but I also want to avoid the catch 22 of using my US address when I'm DCFing you know? I am still waiting for an email response with my case number, what do you think the best way to get it is?Thanks!

I just added a separate sheet of paper with my husband's case number and name and titled it, I-130 Petitioner address update - And he mailed it in along with his Packet 3 info overnight to Ciudad Juarez.

When I originally submitted the I-130 I had been living in Cozumel for the past 6 years so I qualified for the DCF filing.

I had to email for his case number since we never received Packet 3 here in Cozumel (while I was still living here). I received a response in about 6 business days. Hopefully you will get a response this week - they may have been closed on the 2nd and/or 5th of July since they take US and MX holidays.

Good luck!!

Edited by czmjacq

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.