• n/a
    • refiled K1 - waiting
    • refiled K1 - approved
    • marry & CR1 - waiting
    • marry & CR1 - approved

67 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

They are considering adding AP/Returned Cases tracking to the timelines now :thumbs:

Monica :)

VJ Timeline (see "About Me" for full timeline)

1/2009 Met Online

11/2009 1st visit to Morocco (2 weeks), Officially Proposed, Engagement Party!!

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

2/26/2010 NOA2 APPROVED!!!

3/2010 2nd trip to Morocco (3.5 months)

5/18/2010 Interview Results: told to wait for call

6/14/2010 Visa denied per Section 221(g)

9/27/2010 NOID (Notice of Intent to Deny) Received

12/1/2010 NOID Reaffirmed & Returned for visa processing (back to Casa for another interview)

2/2/2011 Rebuttle Interview: APPROVED!!!

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

4/8/2011 Arrive in US through JFK (20 mins total time)

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I received this in the mail today:

Dear SirMadam:

Your form I-129f, which was approved by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), has been returned to this office for the following reason:

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)is administratively closing this petition because the original validity dates have now passed. This action is without predjudice to the filing of any future petitions or applications.

The returned petition will now be stored at this office and no further action is required.

Sincerely,

Center Director

Vermont Service Center

I received this in the mail today:

Dear SirMadam:

Your form I-129f, which was approved by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), has been returned to this office for the following reason:

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)is administratively closing this petition because the original validity dates have now passed. This action is without predjudice to the filing of any future petitions or applications.

The returned petition will now be stored at this office and no further action is required.

Sincerely,

Center Director

Vermont Service Center

That's the standard "it's expired" letter.

Timeline

That's the standard "it's expired" letter.

Yes, I know. However....it was my understanding that the 'expired' letter was standard for California but that usually Vermont was reviewing the cases. So I was surprised to get the expired letter from Vermont.

Timeline

Oh, I don't know. Does it matter?

No. Because we got married last week. So it doesn't matter now to me. But the information may be helpful to others. :yes:

I will be filing my CR-1 soon. And definitely definitely sending as much proof as I can given that the consuate had refused to look at it before.

Timeline

Talk about timing :) Atleast you don't have to deal with the NOIR/NOID...congrats on the marriage!!

1/2009 Met Online

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

12/1/2010 NOID Reaffirmed & Returned for visa processing (back to Casa for another interview)

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

Timeline

Our case is STILL in Morocco, so we figuring we would keep trying to fight it...maybe we will get lucky & they will reopen it. I know...i'm dreaming, but can't hurt to try. What can they do? Send the case back? :bonk::rofl:

1/2009 Met Online

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

Timeline

Our case is STILL in Morocco, so we figuring we would keep trying to fight it...maybe we will get lucky & they will reopen it. I know...i'm dreaming, but can't hurt to try. What can they do? Send the case back? :bonk::rofl:

I can't believe it is STILL there. Wow. I don't know what I would do in that case. I know you and your Congress-person have been in contact already. I don't know what else you could possibly do.

March isn't all that far off. You will be together soon. He seems very nice, too. :) Nabil and I will try to make it to your wedding.

No. Because we got married last week. So it doesn't matter now to me. But the information may be helpful to others. :yes:

I will be filing my CR-1 soon. And definitely definitely sending as much proof as I can given that the consuate had refused to look at it before.

Congrats on the marriage! How did the whole process go? I hope it went smoothly for you!

Timeline

Congrats on the marriage! How did the whole process go? I hope it went smoothly for you!

Thank you. It was a very long process and required much more patience than I am accustomed to having. They definitely do not make it easy for foreigners to get married there. But in the end...it is done and we both are happy now just hoping we can be together forever soon as marriage is intended to be (in the same home and not across the oceans). :)

Timeline

I can't believe it is STILL there. Wow. I don't know what I would do in that case. I know you and your Congress-person have been in contact already. I don't know what else you could possibly do.

March isn't all that far off. You will be together soon. He seems very nice, too. :) Nabil and I will try to make it to your wedding.

Thanks Tracy...I'm so glad everything finally worked out for you guys. Hopefully the rest goes smoothly!!! Would be great to have u guys there!! guess we should pick a date, but i still don't know what will happen with the K1 yet since it hasn't left Casa. :wacko:

1/2009 Met Online

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

Timeline

I'm sorry that you guys are having a tough immigration journey, but CONGRATULATIONS on the marriage!

Timeline

I'm sorry that you guys are having a tough immigration journey, but CONGRATULATIONS on the marriage!

Thank you. We will make it through. I honestly believe this process has made us stronger, as hard as it is.

Timeline

My fiance is in Fes. He had his interview April 26,2010. Our application was sent back for further review. Contacted the Senator not much help there. Was told it could take 120 days or more form the date (july 12) which the service center (vermont) received it before we hear anything but by then the application will have expired. Was told I should gather all my evidence, get all my friends and family and his friends and family to write statesments and send it all to the service center along with a rebuttle letter. I aslo was told just go back and marry there and File the CR-1..... The whole process is nuts...... His sister and brother went through the same process with no problems but they both married nonmuslim white americans ( sisters hubby converted just to marry her, but doesn't practice) and he only knew her for a couple of months.... We decided to go with both suggestions Hopefully the first will work and we won't have to spend the money for me to go back ( I have already been twice in the last 10 months)

8QTYm5.png

FXz7m5.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.