james&nicole

Tuberculosis

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I just got back from HCM last week and I met with the Doctor in the TB clinic. This is the handbook he uses to treat Tb My link. The title of the book is:

Drug-Resistant Tuberculosis

A survival guide for clinicians, 2nd edition. (In case the link doesn't work, which it probably won't because I don't know how to post anything).

The drug prices per month are in chapter 4.

This comes from the Francis J. Curry National Tuberculosis Center. It is my understanding Cho Ray treats tb though

the CDC guidelines. As far as I know this is the playbook for all immigration Tb treatment.

I have been told Pham Ngoc Thach (PNT) Hospital is not obligated to follow these guidelines as they aren't a clearing house for visa approval.

Here is an attachment(I hope) for Nutritional Supplements for people undergoing Tb treatmentCochran 2010 met TB.pdf.

Be advised the Doctor at Cho Ray, the Doctor at PNT and the Doctor in the US I have spoken to are all in agreement prescription medicine, directly observed therapy (DOTS) and hospital treatment are the only way to beat this disease. Vitamins and supplements are NOT going to do the job. I only include it for informational purposes.

Please, please be diligent with your treatment. Take the meds, show up every day for treatment even if you feel better. If you don't the disease can and will mutate into a stronger form.

Also note you can get multi drug resistant tb (MDR) from exposure to someone who has it.

i.e. If I get Tb from my finance, it will be MDR TB. The stain I will get will be the drug resistant one.

Cost--In VN the first six to eight months were free, when Cho Ray got the case and ran the test to find out we had a drug resistant strain of Tb the cost out of pocket to us was/is $80 per month. This includes two inject-able drugs and two of the oral drugs the Tb is not resistant to.

If we go to the next level of treatment the cost will be $4,400, a one time cash up front payment to IOM.

Side effects--she already has hand tremors and her vision has suffered. The Cho Ray Doctor tells me the next level of drugs could have greater side effects.

We will know when the next sputum test come back in August

May 29, 09, had attorney send I-129F to USCIS

June 3, 09, USCIS received I-129F

June 4, 09, USCIS I-797C, 1st NOA notice date.

Aug 28, 09, USCIS sends I-797E NOA. RFE requesting further evidence we have met within 2 years prior

Sept 3, 09, I sent updated RFE info to USCIS

Sept 8, 09 USCIS receives my info

Sept 11, 09 USCIS sends I-797C NOA--I-129F Petition approved, also forwards petition to NVC

Sept 23, 09 NVC receives approved I-129F from USCIS also forwards petition to consulate in HCMC

Dec 4, 09 Interview at HCMC Consulate, Blue slip, timeline, ex's address, medical results from Cho Ray

Jan 4, 10 Turned in timeline, ex,s address. White slip, 221(g) for lack of medical results. AP pending results.

Jan 4, 10 Cho Ray diagnosis--class A active multi drug resistant tb. Treatment time 18 to 24 months.

Jan 6, 10 I email consulate re: what do we do next, since K1 expires Jan 10, 10.

Jan 13, 10 Consulate replies--They have received all requested documents and the case is pending a CO review

Since the case is pending due to treatment of tb, the case is still active until treat-

ment is complete provided we contact the consulate every 6 months and notify

them she is under treatment to keep the file in open status.

Jan 14, 10 to July 2012 we wait.

July 2012, visa issued.

Aug 2012, Marriage in US.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Our prayers are with you.. :thumbs:

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.