charity masters

Numerous Questions -

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

hello, all. 1st and formost me (us) and my fiance (Peru) thank you for any and all your help through this what i believe will be bit of a process to say the least! :)

i have a number of questions concerning the K1 Visa process/I-129F petition. it seems near to IMPOSSIBLE to get through to the so called customer service at the visa centers or Department of homeland security.

i will number them so it is easier to understand.

1.)

is it possible to change address on our I-129f with white out? (my fiance had to move due to a weird situation "after" we filled out all the paperwork.) or do we have to fill out all new papers?

2.)

Name Change Question: (i will explain situation 1st)

so when my fiance was born he was given "2" different birth certificates (his mother filed for one, and then his father filed for a separate one after they were separated)

so…when we tried to go to the immigration office to get his passport…they said NO you cant, your ID is false….it is not the right information, you don't have the correct ID/Name, you have to get a new ID with the Other birth certificate that has a "DIFFERENT" name and birth date on it.

*(weird thing, he can use his old id for practically everything, even going to college/opening bank account etc.)*

so, needless to say, we have gone through the process got the new ID. the 1st said only had"Elvis" as 1st name…the 2nd now has "Jimmy-Elvis" (2 1st names…?)

the problem is, all of his military records, EVERYTHING but his new ID and new Passport has his old name on it…"Elvis", not "Jimmy-Elvis".

simply i am wondering if this will be a problem with presenting the military records/any other papers we might need to present to the Visa office in the Embassy in Lima? is it just to bring papers and explain our situation in lima?

3.)

if he (fiance) has a young child (8 months) that will NOT accompany him the 1st trip to america, but has plans to bring over eventually, what is the time line allotted to file for a K2 for the child? the mother of the child (no they were never married) does not want the child to leave Peru until his is a bit older.

is it possible for a child to enter on a K2 anytime (say 2 years etc.) after the Parent/Fiance has been in the states?

4.)

if the child will be coming over "eventually" but not yet…..should he file for a separate I-134 in this initial I-129F ?

and proceed with all the papers as if the child was coming with him now? or should he just wait to file a I-184/other papers in the states?

5.)

what is needed for the child (papers) for the child to travel from peru to USA?

6.)

he (fiance) will have to apply for a "advance parol" to go back and get his child (to bring to the USA)…..is having a child/Property in peru sufficient proof of needing to leave the USA and go back to Peru?

7.)

if he will only be over there visiting (Peru) for 1 or 2 months, is it necessary to get "advanced parole"…..or is "advance parol" mandatory when leaving the USA before getting green card?

8.)

if we are getting a "joint sponsor" for our I-134, do i (USA) and fiance need to file out a I-134 also?

if so…we are not working at the moment….so then how do we fill out these forms? what information should we put?

9.)

does the Lima Embassy require us to fill out a I-134 only for the Visa or a I-184 also?

9.)

How many years of income taxes do the embassy in Lima need to see from the sponsor?

10.)

am i allowed to accompany my fiance at his interview? (i heard it was highly recommended for the Lima office.)

i heard rumor of me having to prove that i have been in Peru for 6 months or something "IF" i was going to accompany him to the interview. is this true? or can i accompany him without any conditions?

Here is the exert:

"DCF filing is allowed for US Citizen residing in Peru for at least 6 months. In my case they did not require legal residence (Carnet Extranjeria) but only proof of having been living in the country for 6 months. If you are not a legal resident but have been staying on a tourist visa, you can prove residency in Peru by presenting documents such as house lease, phone bill, job letter, etc. Also they require a Migratory Movement issued by DIGEMIN which takes about 2 hours to get and S/50 Soles (about US$18). The lady at the embassy told me they were not the police and were not interested in why I did not have legal residence. They have been very accommodating and extremely efficient."

10.)

am i allowed to accompany my fiance at his interview? (i heard it was highly recommended for the Lima office.)

i heard rumor of me having to prove that i have been in Peru for 6 months or something "IF" i was going to accompany him to the interview. is this true? or can i accompany him without any conditions?

Here is the exert:

"DCF filing is allowed for US Citizen residing in Peru for at least 6 months.

The extract you have quoted is for filing together from Peru - Direct Consular Filing. As you are applying for a K1 that info is not relevant. Some places allow you to accompany the person being interviewed, some do not.

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.