Eli the Barrowboy

Hepatitas B Vaccine

6 posts in this topic

Hey All,

Can anyone tell me if my daughter, who is 18 and never worked in Health Care, with the Homeless, etc, needs to get her Hep B vaccine for her Greencard to the USA.

If so, can she get it on the day. It's a 3 shot vaccine though ... can she get the first one in London and then the rest here in the USA when she arrives?

Please let me know if you have any experience of this.

R.

i-710 Process

02/23/2011 - Mailed off i-751 to California

02/25/2011 - NOA1

I wasn't aware there was a Hep B vaccine that MUST be taken.

Are you thinking of the HPV vaccine (for the HP virus)? If so, that's no longer a requirement.

No, I'm pretty sure that it's Hepatitis B ... only her doc won;t give it to her as it's too expensive and she doesn't work in Healthcare ... mind you we just got our 6 month-old's vaccines today and Hep B was in there too.

It's only 35quid at the medical so that doesn't matter much!!!

i-710 Process

02/23/2011 - Mailed off i-751 to California

02/25/2011 - NOA1

Eli,

I can't tell what process you are doing from your post. Is the daughter joining on a K2 or K4? Anyway, up to 18 years old needs Hep B according to the CDC in America who makes up the list that has to be followed for the GC. If she's coming on a visa and will adjust status later, she doesn't have to get any shots before arriving in the US. But to ultimately have a GC, she will need Hep B unless she turns 19 shortly. She will also need varicella if she hasn't had chickenpox. I'm not sure that vaccine is available in the UK, but I think they give it at Knightsbridge.

Here's a list to look at: http://photos.state.gov/libraries/unitedkingdom/39181/pdfs/vaccinechart.pdf

Human papilloma virus is no longer mandatory for a GC.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: Timeline

Hey All,

Can anyone tell me if my daughter, who is 18 and never worked in Health Care, with the Homeless, etc, needs to get her Hep B vaccine for her Greencard to the USA.

If so, can she get it on the day. It's a 3 shot vaccine though ... can she get the first one in London and then the rest here in the USA when she arrives?

R.

Me and my Son, he is 16, are currently getting this via our Gps Nurse *Getting 2nd dose on Monday*

She told me when we got our first shot that aslong as we had started the process of the three shots that would be fine for the medical.

Im unsure if you can get them all on the same day. Ours have been 6 weeks apart so far. Although we are hoping to be booked in for the third and last shot before the 29th July(medical day)Guess i will know the answer to that, this Monday.

If i remember, i will ask the Nurse if this can all be done on the same day. She is lovely :P and likes a chat.

Btw we got this free on the Nhs

Edited by Twinkles

I-129F Sent : 2009-10-19

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-10-30

I-129F NOA2 : 2010-01-20

Packet 3 Received : 2010-02-17

Packet 3 Sent : 2010-05-20

Packet 4 Received : 2010-06-23

Booked into Norman Bates Hotel: 2010-07-29

Medical : 2010-07-29 (4 letters issued >.<)

Interview Date : 2010-07-30 (pending medical results)

Email from Embassy: 2010-10-22 They confirm they have medical results, we are under final review.

Courier website : 2010-11-2 shows packet enroute for delivery. 1st indication of final approval! Or is it??! argh the suspense!

Visa Delivered <3 : 2010-11-3 K1 Visa packet delivered by courier! *cup of tea to celebrate*

US Entry (Dulles) : 2011-2-27 Hot Tomales time <3

Filed: Timeline

Hey All,

R.

Just an update for you. I just got home after the second shot of this course and i did remember to ask the Nurse for more info on it.

3 doses the fastest you can have all 3 shots is over the course of 21 days..7..14..21 is how she explained it.

Something to do with building up antibodies.

Aslong as you have had the first shot of the course that is good enough she said. Then at a later date convenient for you, you can get the rest done in England or America. Will be your choice.

Its irrelevant what past occupations your daughter has done. From what i understand Hib is on the vac list.

Should also add we just got 2 jabs one in each arm today. Free swine flu shot she offered *she had some made up from patients she had just seen* and other than watch her throw away in the dustbin, which she would have had to do, we just rolled our sleeves up and said "sure hoi it in!"

It is the Hep A and B we are having. One you should be charged for the other is free when they are given in separate single forms.

But there is a Joint vac available on the NHS. If given in joint Hep A and B together there is no charge £. So we obviously are having the course of 3 joint form vacs :P

Hope that helps answer your question. I grilled the Nurse pretty darn good today haha!

We go back on the 23rd July for our last shot. So feel free to ask away, if you want me to ask the Nurse anything else. She is a canny lass =)

I-129F Sent : 2009-10-19

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-10-30

I-129F NOA2 : 2010-01-20

Packet 3 Received : 2010-02-17

Packet 3 Sent : 2010-05-20

Packet 4 Received : 2010-06-23

Booked into Norman Bates Hotel: 2010-07-29

Medical : 2010-07-29 (4 letters issued >.<)

Interview Date : 2010-07-30 (pending medical results)

Email from Embassy: 2010-10-22 They confirm they have medical results, we are under final review.

Courier website : 2010-11-2 shows packet enroute for delivery. 1st indication of final approval! Or is it??! argh the suspense!

Visa Delivered <3 : 2010-11-3 K1 Visa packet delivered by courier! *cup of tea to celebrate*

US Entry (Dulles) : 2011-2-27 Hot Tomales time <3

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.