galenjr

Colombia Packets 3 & 4

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi all,

Look so many of us, my fiancee and I are trying to get our papers in as quickly as possible, but we're a little confused with what we need to send.

The Instruction Package for K Visa Applicants (Form Exp. 1/2011) on the embassy website says we need to send: 1. One DS-2100 form, 2. One DS-230 Part1 form, per person listed on petition.

I think this is what we need to send to get our interview date? And I suppose I can email them?

Okay, the K-Visa Appointment Package (Form Exp. 7/2010) is a lot more confusing, as I think the one they have listed is not totally correct. It indicates, for Nonimmigrant Fiancee Visa Applications, we need to fill out the DS-156 (one copy per family) but then the embassy website says all nonimmigrant applicants must now use the DS-160, effective March 2010.

What form do we need to fill out? And is it true that we only need one form filled out, whether it is the 156 or 160 per family (as I listed my fiancees two children on the petition)?

Thanks for any help that can be provided. I just want to do this all right, and since I'll be in Bogota from July 1-11 I wanted to fill out all the forms then. Maybe we should just wait for the packets, but we want to expedite the process.

Thanks again,

Galen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

To get your interview date you need to send the ds-2100 and ds-230 forms. One DS-2100 is required per petition. One DS-230 is required for each applicant.

for the interview with the consul you need the DS-156 form and ds-156K. Complete two (2) copies per applicant (including your children)

Some useful links:

pck 3 - ds-2100

pck 4

Immigrant Visas

for your interview you will need evidence of financial support: I-134, taxes, two to three of your most recent pay stubs and a signed letter from your employer listing you job title, start date, your salary, and the status (full-time) of your position.

We can all make a difference. Please recycle

por favor no escribas en mayúsculas sostenidas, eso equivale a GRITAR

crazy-cats.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

To get your interview date you need to send the ds-2100 and ds-230 forms. One DS-2100 is required per petition. One DS-230 is required for each applicant.

for the interview with the consul you need the DS-156 form and ds-156K. Complete two (2) copies per applicant (including your children)

Some useful links:

pck 3 - ds-2100

pck 4

Immigrant Visas

for your interview you will need evidence of financial support: I-134, taxes, two to three of your most recent pay stubs and a signed letter from your employer listing you job title, start date, your salary, and the status (full-time) of your position.

Yakud,

You are so smart...thanks again. And I found the page that says you are correct. It's listed under #13 http://travel.state.gov/visa/forms/forms_4401.html

Galen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi all,

Look so many of us, my fiancee and I are trying to get our papers in as quickly as possible, but we're a little confused with what we need to send.

The Instruction Package for K Visa Applicants (Form Exp. 1/2011) on the embassy website says we need to send: 1. One DS-2100 form, 2. One DS-230 Part1 form, per person listed on petition.

I think this is what we need to send to get our interview date? And I suppose I can email them?

Correct You can scan these forms and e-mail them for a faster response. Make sure that you have all of the required Items outlined in the document before doing this (birth certificates, DAS migratorio, DAS Judicial, bautismo, W2 and Tax Returns, etc...)

Okay, the K-Visa Appointment Package (Form Exp. 7/2010) is a lot more confusing, as I think the one they have listed is not totally correct. It indicates, for Nonimmigrant Fiancee Visa Applications, we need to fill out the DS-156 (one copy per family) but then the embassy website says all nonimmigrant applicants must now use the DS-160, effective March 2010.

What form do we need to fill out? And is it true that we only need one form filled out, whether it is the 156 or 160 per family (as I listed my fiancees two children on the petition)?

For K1 Visa you will need 2 copes of the DS-156 and the DS-156k.

I'd also recommend that you pay the fee at the Banco Helm office in Cipres Plaza (Green building) in Carrera 30 in Bogota. The tellers there specialize in Visa payments and you shouldn't have any issues.

Also make sure that you fill out your I-134 form correctly and bring all the evidence it requests. Specifically your employment verification letter, W2 Forms and Tax Returns from 2009 (I included 2008 & 2007 just to be sure).

I saw about 3 people who were not approved for problems with their I-134 support documents.

For the children make sure you provide enough documentation and pictures to proove that she is the biological mother of the kids. for example pictures with the children from various ages, school records, medical records etc.. This information was requested from another board member (i dont remember who) so I'd like to let you know so you can prepare if they ask for more proof.

I hope this helps and let us know how it goes.

Thanks for any help that can be provided. I just want to do this all right, and since I'll be in Bogota from July 1-11 I wanted to fill out all the forms then. Maybe we should just wait for the packets, but we want to expedite the process.

You dont have to wait for the packets to arrive in the mail if you've recieved your NOA2 and verified that the embassy has your case. You can download the forms from the website and e-mail them when complete.

Thanks again,

Galen

Please see my responses in red.

Blog: http://fianceek1visa.blogspot.com/

K1 Timeline:
Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Bogota, Colombia
2009-12-26 : I-129F Sent
2009-12-28 : I-129F NOA1
2009-12-28 : I-129F NOA2
2010-04-02 : NVC Received
2010-04-05 : Consulate Received
2010-04-20 : Packet 3 Sent (via Fax)
2010-04-22 : Packet 3 Received by Consulate
2010-06-09 : Interview Date (APPROVED)
2010-06-24 : Visa Delivery (Via Domesa)
2010-07-01 : POE (Fort-Lauderdale)

2010-09-04 : Married !!!!

AOS Timeline
2010-09-11 : Packaged express mailed to Chicago Office:
2010-09-13 : Package delivered to USCIS Chicago
2010-09-20 : NOA1 via e-mail
2010-10-15 : Case Xfered to California Service Center
2010-12-01 : Inquiry made regarding delay of biometrics appointment letter
2010-12-15 : Received biometrics appointment letter (Scheduled for 2011-01-05)
2011-01-05 : Biometrics Appointment
2011-01-12 : Work Authorization Card Received
2011-01-26 : Two Year Green Card Received (Thank you VJ!!!!)

Us Citizen

May 2014

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.