ReconditeGrape

Meeting evidence for students at the same university

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hey everyone,

I have a somewhat unconventional question about evidence of meeting. My fiancee and I attended the same university for four years, meaning that there is such an overwhelming number of possible pieces of evidence that it's hard to know where to start. At the same time, very little of this evidence is of the kind that people on this forum normally mention. We don't have any boarding passes or ticket stubs, we don't have any utility bills, etc. We do have passport stamps for entry into the same foreign country at the same time (trip after graduation), and I can print out the online itinerary showing that our trip was booked together; I think we will also be able to print check card records off the internet that show we were in the same place for a very long period of time; but that's all the classic "primary evidence" we have.

I'm wondering how we should convey the fact that we attended the same university and (should at least in theory) have an overwhelmingly strong case of having met. Needless to say, we have tons of pictures. We also can provide transcripts and the commencement program showing that we both attended and graduated from the school at the same time. At this university it is impossible to graduate without spending time in residence -- there is no distance learning (and hence we must have both spent time there). The university has a very high national profile and I imagine many people would know it has no "distance learning" option -- nevertheless, I don't want to take any changes. If I provide the transcript, should I provide a copy of the university class schedule showing that classes were indeed held locally at the university? Maybe a signed letter from an administrator who knew us both and interacted with us together? I don't want to distract from the real evidence by going overboard with unnecessary items, but I feel that as long as I can convincingly mount the case that we both attended the same university in the same city for the past several years, an RFE should be almost inconceivable.

I'm curious whether anyone has been in a similar situation. Any comments on what seems like it should work (and what might be superfluous)? Thanks in advance.

My fiancee and I made copies of our student ID's to show we were both students at our college at the same time. Your college can also give you some type of confirmation of enrollment listing all the semesters you were there and the number of credits you took. You could get one for each of you and highlight shared semesters. The visa stamps to show travel together will be good along with pictures labelled with dates, and where they were taken. Depending on what country you are applying for these might be superfluous or not enough, where is your fiance from?

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.