AandB

POE at YUL, Montreal Pierre-Élliot Trudeau Airport

9 posts in this topic

Hey!! I did my POE last friday, it went very well!! So glad to be in Dallas with my fiancé, we'll get married very soon at the courthouse so i can start the AOS asap!!

Here is just a short review for those who wants to POE at YUL:

Me and my fiancé left Sherbrooke at 2:45am in a rental car, with our 4 check-in bags (2 each, one is overweight), one carry-on each (my dog is my carry-on, 100$ to bring my dog in the plane), and one personnal bag each. Yeah that's a lot of bags hehe!! Got in Montreal at 4:15am, dropped the rental car, and took the free shuttle to the airport. At 5am, we have our tickets and start the security check and customs line. There were a lot of people. At 6am, i'm finally talking to the first custom guard!

So i say: I want to activate my K-1 visa today. So the guard asked me a couple questions and reminded me i have to get married in 90 days. he make me file the I-94, take my un-open packet. And then i have to go to secondary. There was a couple people waiting already. I waited in the waiting room for like 30 minutes, then a women told me to come inside a room. She hands me my passport, with the stamped I-94 inside of it. The only thing i'm wondering about, is that she didn't make me sign any papers. She prepared everything before i come in so i didn't have to do anything (but i really think i was supposed to sign something, no?) she didn't ask about what was in my bags, she not even took my dog's rabbies/health certificate, etc...

At 6:45, i'm finally waiting at my gate for my flight. My dog was scared on the plane but with all the treats i gave her, she did very well hehe. Overall, the POE was very easy and painless. I just hope everything was well-done by the women so i don't get any problems :P

01/12/2011: GreenCard approved!!!!

Green card expiration date: 01/05/2013
Sent ROC package to VSC: 11/16/2012
NOA1: 11/20/2012

Approval: 04/29/2013!!!!

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations on the start of your new life!! :thumbs: How was the foosball tournament!? :P

08/31/2010 POE09/25/2010 Civil WeddingAOS Timeline10/11/2010 AOS Package Sent10/20/2010 NOA's for AOS/EAD/AP11/12/2010 Biometrics Appointment1/4/2011 Received EAD and AP documents!1/11/2011 AOS Interview - APPROVED!!1/15/2011 - Received Approval notice for I-485, Green card on its way!!1/21/2011 - Received Green Card!!Removal of Conditions11/1/2012-Sent Application to California Service Center ..... N-40007/29/2016 - Received date at Phoenix lockbox 8/01/2016 - N-400 NOA<p>xx/xx/xxxx - BiometricsOnto the next step!!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for the review! Seems pretty easy to POE in Montreal then! One less thing to worry about!

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats hun! :) Glad to see it went so smoothly!

I might be wrong, but I'm thinking as long as you have your I-94 you are good to go...

Enjoy your time with your fiancé!!

AoS Process

AoS/EAD/AP file sent: 2011-02-16

Received: 2011-02-17

NOA: 2011-02-22

Touched: 2011-02-24

Hard copy NOAs received : 2011-02-28

Biometrics letter received: 2011-02-28

Biometrics appt: 2011-03-17

EAD & AP approved: 2011-04-28

AOS appt: 2011-05-12 (notice sent April 6) APPROVED :)

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats one the POE, now we have some updated review for YUL!!!

I do not remember signing anything at my poe either so i think your ok! lol.

HWDWm6.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Aww congrats!

glad to know the process is easy! and as long as you have your I-94 you are good to go!

Your poor little dog haha !

before i leave the airport im gonna stack up on KETCHUP CHIPS!!!!!!!! bahahaha

Good Luck with your new life :)

Keep in touch with your VF buddies :thumbs:

Thanks everybody :) i'm glad to hear i didn't have to sign papers hihi!!

My tournament in Oklahoma went well, but me and my fiancé we're very tired so it couldn't have been better hehe! I just bought a new cell phone, officially starting the new life!! :P

01/12/2011: GreenCard approved!!!!

Green card expiration date: 01/05/2013
Sent ROC package to VSC: 11/16/2012
NOA1: 11/20/2012

Approval: 04/29/2013!!!!

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.