Crossed_fingers

Percentage of approvals from Casablanca?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello! I am curious if anyone has any information on just how many couples are denied coming out of Casa? Reading the archives, it appeared to me that prepared couples who used the resources on this site and took the interview seriously made it through more often than not. It still isn't clear to me why certain couples were denied, but at least the odds seemed better than 50/50. Lately it seems like several posters have shared their SO's interview experiences, though, and it has been sounding awfully negative.

I know ultimately all you can do is prepare as well as you can and pray for the best, but I would like a ballpark of what we're up against, if that's possible. Any ideas where to find statistics on approvals and denials?

Hello! I am curious if anyone has any information on just how many couples are denied coming out of Casa? Reading the archives, it appeared to me that prepared couples who used the resources on this site and took the interview seriously made it through more often than not. It still isn't clear to me why certain couples were denied, but at least the odds seemed better than 50/50. Lately it seems like several posters have shared their SO's interview experiences, though, and it has been sounding awfully negative.

I know ultimately all you can do is prepare as well as you can and pray for the best, but I would like a ballpark of what we're up against, if that's possible. Any ideas where to find statistics on approvals and denials?

I don't know where to find the data you are looking for. Sorry. Just anecdotally, from what's been posted here and in the reviews, there's only been one recent out and out approval that I remember being talked about. That was zaytoona. Other people have posted about being told to get ready for a 2nd interview, etc.

There was mention about starting a thread for those waiting for Casa decisions, which seems like a good idea. Nobody's started one yet though!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

From what I have seen over the past few years Casa is getting stricter. VJ members are probably only a small percentage of the actual visa petitions filed. On a daily basis many people come out refused from Casa. It seems common to get a 2nd interview these days, even the well prepared ones.

01/2006 - Filed k1(1st time)

04/2006 - Interview (1st time) denied

Waited, waited...... no review

06/2009 - Filed k1 (2nd time)

09/2009 - NOA 2 approved

12/2009 - Interview (2nd time) APPROVED! VISA ISSUED

02/2010 - Arrived USA

04/2010 - Married

AOS Timeline

4/19/2010-Sent to Chicago Lockbox

4/26/2010-Received texts and emails 7th day

4/30/2010-Received NOA's(Hardcopies) 11th day

5/3/2010-Received ASC appointment notice(mailed 4/29/2010)14th day

5/7/2010-Walk-in Biometrics done(2 weeks earlier)18th day

5/13/2010-Case transferred to CSC

6/2/2010- Case received/resumed at CSC

6/18,6/22,6/23 AOS touches

6/28/2010- EAD production and touch on AP

6/29/2010-AOS APPROVED

7/2/2010- 2nd update on EAD production and touched on AP....

7/6/2010- Received "Welcome Letter" and AP document

7/12/2010-Received GREEN CARD and EAD

greencard.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I agree with both of you, it seems like lately 2nd interviews are the trend. I imagine the overall statistics for denials are very high, but that includes a lot of unprepared couples who may have some glaring red flags that they did not address. Some of the reviews lately have indicated that the VJ member's SO overheard other people getting denied, and frequently had some obvious problems that weren't addressed. Poor English, large age differences, lack of knowledge about basic information about the American SO. I'm not too concerned about how many of those denials are coming out of Casa, but I am interested in what the odds are for more prepared couples. It does seem to me like some of the 2nd interviews lately were the types of cases that 6 months or a year ago would have been approved. I wonder what is making them get tougher.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.