one...two...tree

Wife: Minuteman founder threatened to shoot her, her family and the cops

1 post in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

By John Byrne

chris20simcox202-794947.jpg

The wife of the man who led the so-called Minuteman movement -- aimed at protecting the US border with Mexico from immigrants -- says he once asked her to shoot him, threatened to shoot her family and said he would kill cops.

In seeking a protection order in April, Alena Simcox, 30, the third wife of onetime Minuteman chief Chris Simcox, alleged that she found her husband heavily drunk after she returned from a shopping trip last November. He had a gun, she said, and "repeatedly pointed it at me, saying he was going to kill me, and my kids, and the police."

She wrote of a six-hour ordeal in which she locked herself and her three kids in a bedroom until he passed out. She says she didn't call police because she was afraid it would inflame the situation.

"He was waiting by the door for the police to come, with a gun pointed at me," she wrote.

In a second alleged 2009 incident, his wife wrote, "On our wedding anniversary, he was drinking and angry. Got a revolver gun and loaded with kids present. Then proceeded to ask me to shoot him.' I said no,' so then he said he would shoot the entire family and cops."

The Associated Press notes that Chris Simcox has had family troubles in the past.

His first wife accused him of trying to molest their teenage daughter, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center, a civil rights group that has warned about extremism in the Minuteman movement.

His second wife filed an emergency motion to obtain full custody of their teenage son because it seemed Chris Simcox was undergoing a mental breakdown and growing dangerous following the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, the SPLC reported in 2005, based on an examination of court records in Los Angeles.

In April 2004, a federal judge sentenced Chris Simcox to two years of probation for carrying a firearm on national forest property. In that case, he was found guilty of knowingly entering Coronado National Memorial in January 2003 with a weapon and giving false information to a park ranger by denying that he was carrying a weapon.

Simcox resigned as Minuteman president in early 2009.

http://rawstory.com/rs/2010/0609/wife-minuteman-founder-threatened-shoot-family-cops/