Nate & Dina

Odds of obtaining Tourist Visa

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello,

Can you all please give me insight into the odds of my friend obtaining a tourist visa who has qualifications such as these?

She is a recent college grad

She doesn't have much money in her bank account

She doesn't own her own business or any property

She is 23 years old

She works full-time, but does not earn a lot

She lives with her parents

She has been to the U.S on 3 separate ocassions and returned back to Russia on time in each case

She is only applying for 1 week tourist visa, no more than that due to needing to be back at work

Her friend (myself) will be paying for her room and board and flight during the 1 week that she is here.

Can you please tell me if the outlook is good, or great, or bad, or not possible for someone with these qualifications being able to obtain a tourist visa? Thank you.

Filed: Country:
Timeline

Hello,

Can you all please give me insight into the odds of my friend obtaining a tourist visa who has qualifications such as these?

She is a recent college grad

She doesn't have much money in her bank account

She doesn't own her own business or any property

She is 23 years old

She works full-time, but does not earn a lot

She lives with her parents

She has been to the U.S on 3 separate ocassions and returned back to Russia on time in each case

She is only applying for 1 week tourist visa, no more than that due to needing to be back at work

Her friend (myself) will be paying for her room and board and flight during the 1 week that she is here.

Can you please tell me if the outlook is good, or great, or bad, or not possible for someone with these qualifications being able to obtain a tourist visa? Thank you.

Bad, but I have seen young, educated people from Ukraine get visas before under similar circumstances. The fact that she has been in the US before obviously will help. What type of visa did she have? However, everything else is a big negative. You paying for her trip will (in my opinion) actually make her chances worse, because it may appear that she already has a network setup. No business or property, plus living with her parents will be a killer.

I do not know how much the fact that she is Russian will way...I do not know any Russians that have received tourist visas.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Bad, but I have seen young, educated people from Ukraine get visas before under similar circumstances. The fact that she has been in the US before obviously will help. What type of visa did she have? However, everything else is a big negative. You paying for her trip will (in my opinion) actually make her chances worse, because it may appear that she already has a network setup. No business or property, plus living with her parents will be a killer.

I do not know how much the fact that she is Russian will way...I do not know any Russians that have received tourist visas.

Thank you for your response. I greatly appreciate it. She has been to the U.S 3 times on exchange visitor visas i believe. It was through a program set up by her school. Now that she is graduated, she can no longer utilize this program, which is why she has to apply for the tourist visa instead. If i don't pay for her trip, she won't have any way to come over here because she doesn't earn much money.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.