Travelbugs

Unforeseen situation - employment

1 post in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Alright, so, I've been losing sleep over our situation right now.

John (USC) was in the military on active duty for 10 years, and he decided to get out so we could start a family life as soon as I get there without any more deployments, etc.

The week he received his discharge papers, he also learned that the job he had lined up got cut due to budget reasons. This all happened within the last couple of weeks.

We didn't expect the visa process to go that fast, but as our timeline shows, I had package 3 in hand within two months after receiving NOA1 (this was 3 weeks ago).

I sent in DS-230, , DS-156 and DS-156K within a week, however, I have not sent in my statement to schedule an appointment (with checklist that I have gathered all necessary documentation).

I am totally freaked now because I cannot send in the checklist/statement yet, and I'm worried they might think we're slacking off or something of that sort, or simply, that we are taking too long and they void everything. :help: :help: :crying: :crying:

How much time do you guys think is okay to have go by between Package 3 and scheduling an appointment?

Should I notify the embassy of our situation?

Or should I send in the statement and reschedule the given appointment if necessary (Frankfurt embassy apparently schedules interviews within 2 weeks only).

We are already asking around for a joint sponsor, but, of course, that person will need time to prepare the I-134 as well.

What should we do now?

Thank you all so much for your help and support!!

K1 Timeline

Jan 2005: we first met and started dating

03/11/2010: I-129F sent

04/29/2010: touched and NOA2

05/17/2010: Consulate Frankfurt

05/19/2010: Package 3 received

07/02/2010: Packet 4 received

07/07/2010: Medical Exam in Munich

07/21/2010: Visa interview in Frankfurt - APPROVED

11/28/2010: POE

12/27/2010: Wedding

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.