4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi guys!

I have a question regarding filling out I-693.

I have to fill out Part 1 and a Civil Surgeon has to fill out Part 2 and 5, than seal the form in an envelope and I have to send it with my other papers for a adjustment of status to USCIS.

When I received my K1 visa there was already a sealed envelope inside with a note:

“Do not open this envelope – it contains a copy of your medical examination. Please provide it to USCIS when requested in conjunction with your adjustment of status.”

Question 1:

Does this mean that I don’t have to fill out I-693 and get it signed by a civil surgeon?

Or do I have to send the sealed envelope that I already have and also the sealed I-693 from the civil surgeon?

Question 2:

I just have to go to the Civil Surgeon and show him the I-693 form including the DS-3025 form and he will sign and seal it or do I have to take some more medical tests?

Question 3:

How much does it cost?

Thanks for the help.

Adam

Filed: Timeline

I just called a Civil Surgeon (I found him through the the USCIS webside). I read some posts here and I am pretty sure that I don't have to get a whole medical examination again. On the phone they told me that they can not just fill out part 2 - Nr. 5 Vaccination information and part 5 the Civil Surgeon Certification on the I-693. All information in Part 2 have to be filled out they told me, therefore I have to take the medical again.

I had my medical examination in January 2010 and I have a brown envelope which states “Do not open this envelope – it contains a copy of your medical examination. Please provide it to USCIS when requested in conjunction with your adjustment of status.”

My guess is just to send this envelope and find a Civil Surgeon who will fill out just Part 2 - Nr.5 vaccination information on the I-693. I also have form DS-3025 proving my vaccation record.

The doctor said that the USCIS will not except it and that I will get just in trouble if I don't do a new medical examination in the U.S.. The cost for everything would be $430! I really think he just wanted to make money and tries to rip me off. I left his office and said thank you.

Can someone give me please some info about it!

Also, do I need to send in the CD which I received after the medical examination in Germany?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

As a K-1 entrant, you definitely do NOT need another medical, if yours is less than a year old.

However, unless your DS-3025 has a checkmark for "Complete" next to every last vaccination (No "Age Inappropriate" or other excuses), you will need an I-693, which a CS will issue to you in a sealed envelope.

The good news is, if you shop around, you will almost certainly find a CS who is willing to fill out just the part 1 personal info, the vaccination section, and the affirmation section at the end, and not charge you more than about $50 for it. In the worst case scenario, they may refer you to the local public health clinic for another shot or two. There is a thread here that lists reasonable CS's. If your area isn't listed, do a search on uscis.gov and start phoning. Considering how much of a difference the money can be, an hour spent phoning and even, if necessary, a couple hours drive is still totally worth it.

If you find a reasonable CS in your area that isn't listed in the thread here, post and let others know about it.

And no, USCIS don't care about the CD. All the relevant information about the CD is already in your full medical results in your USCIS file. The only other info USCIS need is the vaccination info they will get on a transcribed I-693.

Edited by HeatDeath

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.