Tommy Tran

Birth Certificate

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

We're still waiting for letter of appointment for interview in HCM VN. My fiance (beneficiary) is organizing a folder/binder. She had her original and copy of her original birth certificate. However, I (petitioner) don't have the original birth certificate. I just have the copy version.

Will this be an issue?

Please help

Thanks

~Q.T.

Tran Quoc Tho

Event Date

I-130 Sent : 2010-11-27

I-130 NOA1 : 2010-12-09

I-130 RFE(s) : None

I-130 Approved : 2011-04-21

NVC Received : 2011-05-04

Received DS-3032 / I864 Bill: 2011-05-10

Paid I-864 Bill: 2011-05-12

Could go either way on this one Q.T.

I took original and copy to the interview, they never asked for the either. I assume this was beciase there were copies in the original I129f packet.

However this is not a gaurantee, they may ask and may accept a copy, but maybe not. All depends on the CO.

Are you a born in the US USC or naturalized? The reason I ask is that if you were born in the US, you could contact the Clerk of Vital Records in the city you were born and request a certified copy of your original birth certificate.

If you were naturalized, I don't know how difficult it may be to try and obtain a new birth certificate from your city of birth.

I'll have to default to our Vietnam Portal members on this one.

Question to other members - How many USC applicants have been requested by the CO to see your original BC at HCMC?

One thing that stinks, and I disagree with it whole heartedly, is that during my visits to the consulate (when I went in to check on things), I noticed that white male USC's seemed to receive preferential treatment over naturalized VN USC's. Where this comes into play is that they may scrutinize things more closely if you are a naturalized VN USC.

Anyone else catch a glimse of this? Just an observation I made as I visited with others while waiting in the consulate.

Try not to worry too much my friend, but it may be beneficial to do some checking to see what it would take to get a new BC.

6/15/2009 Filed I-129F

12/15/2009 Interview (HCMC, VN)

1/16/2010 POE Detroit

3/31/2010 MARRIED !!!

11/20/2010 Filed I-485

12/23/2010 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

12/31/2010 I-485 Transfered to CSC

2/4/2011 Green Card received

1/7/2013 Mailed I-751 package

1/14/2013 I-751 NOA (VSC)

2/07/2013 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

As Bernie said.. it all depends on your country of birth.. If you were born in the US.. contact the county clerk where born and get a cert copy.. some states have records throughout the state.. so any local health dept in some states can provide the doc... .. best to get a few...

If you were born in VN or another country... your naturalization papers could suffice, but we are talking about HCMC and things are not normal there... if at all possible, get a certified copy of your BC... and get it to her before the interview...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Could go either way on this one Q.T.

I took original and copy to the interview, they never asked for the either. I assume this was beciase there were copies in the original I129f packet.

However this is not a gaurantee, they may ask and may accept a copy, but maybe not. All depends on the CO.

Are you a born in the US USC or naturalized? The reason I ask is that if you were born in the US, you could contact the Clerk of Vital Records in the city you were born and request a certified copy of your original birth certificate.

If you were naturalized, I don't know how difficult it may be to try and obtain a new birth certificate from your city of birth.

I'll have to default to our Vietnam Portal members on this one.

Question to other members - How many USC applicants have been requested by the CO to see your original BC at HCMC?

One thing that stinks, and I disagree with it whole heartedly, is that during my visits to the consulate (when I went in to check on things), I noticed that white male USC's seemed to receive preferential treatment over naturalized VN USC's. Where this comes into play is that they may scrutinize things more closely if you are a naturalized VN USC.

Anyone else catch a glimse of this? Just an observation I made as I visited with others while waiting in the consulate.

Try not to worry too much my friend, but it may be beneficial to do some checking to see what it would take to get a new BC.

I think my situation is unique. I was born in Saigon and adopted by an American family. When my mom went to the county with my VN BC they kept it and issued her a new one listing her and my dad (Both white Americans) as my birth parents.

I sent my BC and Naturalization papers. I didn't have any BC/Naturalization problems at the consulate.

CR-1 Visa

I-130 Sent : 2006-08-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2006-09-12

I-130 Approved : 2007-01-17

NVC Received : 2007-02-05

Consulate Received : 2007-06-09

Interview Date : 2007-08-16 Case sent back to USCIS

NOA case received by CSC: 2007-12-19

Receive NOIR: 2009-05-04

Sent Rebuttal: 2009-05-19

NOA rebuttal entered: 2009-06-05

Case sent back to NVC for processing: 2009-08-27

Consulate sends DS-230: 2009-11-23

Interview: 2010-02-05 result Green sheet for updated I864 and photos submit 2010-03-05

APPROVED visa pick up 2010-03-12

POE: 2010-04-20 =)

GC received: 2010-05-05

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 140 days.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.